PDA

View Full Version : A tip for the SH4 Dev team...Play the Original SH!

Sheppard
12-17-05, 10:29 PM
There were many things I loved about that game; like being able to go to the captain's cabin, look up the sunset/moonrise dates for that day, and flip through the patrol/radio log and also my IJN recognition books while waiting for the Japanese DDs to finish depth charging me!

The screens, especially the radar and TDC, all gave you the feeling of actually being on a WWII fleet boat; and I loved the damage control screen; with it's christmas tree style status lighting, plus the animated flooding and fires...

Also, the newspapers that showed up if your boat was lost at sea; you had a chance of dying or becoming a POW; that was cool; as well as the random days in port.

So find a copy of the original SH, and somehow get it working and play it a bit; I loved that game.

donut
12-18-05, 09:13 AM
SHCE w/SHIII graphics ,will be the cats musical peter! The crew management,gig for control issue types,& boreing sea cruises,just have department officers assign watches,at least six hours. The Sh3 comander mod w/inport & career perks,instead of pure tonnage.A captain deligates authority,not tucking the crew in bed. UBI--Leave Star Force out,Make the game more stable, do not say the game will run on 1.67Ghz,when it really needs 2.2 Ghz .Min.to develop :hmm:

Drebbel
12-18-05, 10:01 AM
Think they should also play Sub Battle Simulator and Silent Service 2 , they had some nice features as well.

But DEFINATELY they should play SHIII, because the community will expect SHIV to have all the features of SHIII and some better/new stuff on top of that.

Sniper_1
12-18-05, 11:47 AM
'But DEFINATELY they should play SHIII, because the community will expect SHIV to have all the features of SHIII and some better/new stuff on top of that.'

Could'nt agree more.... :up: :up: :up:

Sniper_1

Nikita
12-18-05, 07:09 PM
Play all the classics subsims and take the best of each one: SH I and III, CAOD, Silent Service 2, etc.