PDA

View Full Version : SC & XP Pro

Neptunus Rex
12-08-05, 10:15 AM
In anticipation of receiving a copy of DW for Christmas, I've decided to delve back into SC, but one question.

Will it run on Windows XP Pro, SP2?

Bellman
12-08-05, 10:24 AM
:up: You bet - mine does. No probs. :rock: :up:

Neptunus Rex
12-08-05, 10:31 AM
Cool :up:

Many thanks!

Pisces
03-07-07, 08:10 AM
How doesn't it work? Error messages? Also I'm not realy sure I'm getting how you transfered from win98. Are the files 2 cd-images/iso or just a copied SC install folder? Or are they just the files on each cd copied to 2 memory sticks or folders on 1 memory stick? Then assuming 2 sticks, how did you install SC using those when it asked for the second cd. A little more info is required to get the picture clear.

What I can tell you is that both Win98(SE) and XP should have the right registry-keys (which are set when installed; using my w98se reg-key in XP didn't work somehow) containing folder locations etc. to play. If there isn't a registry key for SC (in XP) due to not installing the normal way, or one with correct (new) folder paths then this is probably why.

Neptunus Rex
03-21-07, 09:27 PM
Wow, that's a long time between responses. Did you dig through the archives?

In answer, I was running SC on a PIII laptop with W95. Now a PM with XP-Pro, SP2 with no problems. Loaded right off the disks. I think I had to download a new version of ActiveX at the time, but that was nearly a couple of years ago and memory fades.

Pisces
03-22-07, 05:58 PM
My post was in response to someone else, who appearantly removed his' some time in the past weeks. So now it looks like an odd reply to you. Just disregard