PDA

View Full Version : Stadimeter.

Reinhardt
11-21-05, 06:14 PM
I am very ashamed to ask this because I have tried time and again through many tutorials and home made missions to understand how to use this thing.

I can't use the TDC to save my life because I'm not that good at math but I Love subs. I'm more of an Silent hunter guy where you could spot the target mark it for lock then fire however I love the depth that Sub Command gives so I play it aswell I just want to be able to live past a mission without letting the autocrew do anything.

So to the point, I need help with the Stadimeter I understand the usage is to take the silhouette in the viewer and move it around until it matches the ship I want to fire at but what gets me is the range system, all the tutorials and guides tell me to make the picture even with the waterline and it would give me the range.

I do that and my range resets to '000000' I read somewhere else I was to take the side with the highest mast and make it level with the waterline. So here goes my display of intellagence, what waterline? I don't know what I'm to line up with and the things I have tried make the ship go way off course or go underneath the boat.

Sorry for this, I have tried for several years to achieve a non-autocrewed kill before bothering you all with this question.

Regards,
Reinhardt

zma
11-22-05, 03:12 PM
I read somewhere else I was to take the side with the highest mast and make it level with the waterline. So here goes my display of intellagence, what waterline? I don't know what I'm to line up with and the things I have tried make the ship go way off course or go underneath the boat.
Well, as you most likely have noticed, the picture in the stadimeter is divided in two parts. You are supposed to drag the part with the highest mast so that the top of the highest mast is level with the waterline in the other half of the picture. Then, if you have correctly classified the target, you will get a fairly accurate estimate of range.

Here's an example:
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/185/stadimetermedium7gv.png (http://imageshack.us)