PDA

View Full Version : DC In-game quick battle generator??

Stratos
11-08-05, 03:47 PM
Anyone released a Quick mission generator for DC?? I want to say If the in-game QBG can be used with the big ships, cruisers, battleships... I know that a project apeared long time ago, but never know If is finished.
Thank's

Hitman
11-08-05, 05:18 PM
Check out Floater's Kriegstanz, it might be what you are looking for....link in the sticky thread for mods :know:

Stratos
11-09-05, 03:37 PM
I'm more refering to the in-game editor, never managed to get Kriegstanz working correctly, or simply working.
Thank's aniway

Floater
11-10-05, 08:37 PM
I'm more refering to the in-game editor, never managed to get Kriegstanz working correctly, or simply working.
Thank's aniway
What problems are you having? Let me know, and I'll see if I can help.

Stratos
11-22-05, 04:34 PM
Sorry for the long delay, but I simply want to have random missions. Will be great to have big units in Quick-mission generator in DC but in Kriegstanz is hard to create some missions. Exist any guide or turotial for that??

Floater
11-22-05, 07:57 PM
Kriegstanz isn't a quick mission generator. It's designed to allow people to create missions with random factors, but you'd need to learn how it works and design your own missions, or use the missions that people have already created for Kriegstanz.

It's not the equivalent of the quick mission generator in DC.

horsa
11-23-05, 05:44 AM
I think the QMG that you refer to, Stratos, may be a ( fairly crude) QMG I created using Excel some time ago ( maybe 2 years now ). It works for me but you could never get it to work for you. Unlike "proper tools", created with say VB, it hasn't got robust error traps in it so it's esay to upset it. I still use it from time to time but it's no further advanced than it was then.

Stratos
11-23-05, 04:04 PM
I updated my rig since then, can I try again please please please?? :yep:

My mail is capitanstratos@yahoo.es

horsa
12-01-05, 12:38 PM
QMG sent to your email address, Stratos.

It's about 10M so I don't know if your server may reject it .

I've tested it recently and it works but there are a lot of rough edges that might cause problems for someone unfamiliar with it ( ie everyone except me) . It will also take a couple of minutes to load ( don't know why, but it does )

Don't expect too much from it.

Good Luck

Stratos
12-07-05, 04:10 AM
Not expect too much from it?? Man is great!! But I have a very great problem!! The Group tab is not present so I cannot change the composition of the groups, any idea?

horsa
12-07-05, 08:13 AM
It is there, but you need to move the worksheet to the left.

It's an Excel feature. Take a look at the extreme bottom left. You will see back and forward symbols like a video player. Click on the one that points left .

When you are selecting ships in the group section you will come across all sorts of ships which you won't have in your installation ( a lot of them are the old WW1 Sealords ships with _H on the end) . Don't select them because your scenario will just crash because it can't find them . Stick to the ones you know you have.

Stratos
12-08-05, 12:12 PM
Now works great!! I think that you shouls release the utility for all!!
Thank's a lot!