PDA

View Full Version : Fred Phelps and his band of Christian extemists at it again!

Konovalov
10-25-05, 02:29 PM
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1200311,00.html

Phelps is filled with regret that the 7/7 suicide bombers only killed 52 people in London on that shocking day. He would have liked a million Brits dead.

:hulk: :hulk:

The Anti Defamation League (ADL) has a pretty good summary of Phelps and his extremist organization, the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) here:

http://www.adl.org/special_reports/wbc/default.asp

The Avon Lady
10-25-05, 02:41 PM
http://www.web-laun.ch/ps/a/crackpot.gif

Konovalov
10-25-05, 02:43 PM
:lol: Yep. A crackpot indeed.

Polak
10-25-05, 02:49 PM
But what if he is right? What if those natural disasters really are examples of God's wrath? I'm am not a Phelps supporter, I am a roman catholic, I think that there could be some truth in what he's saying ...
Remember, this is only my opinion, I respect your opinions so try to respect mine... I'm not trying to start a flamewar or something... I'm just expressing my thoughts.

bradclark1
10-25-05, 03:17 PM
His kind will always draw attention because he's a freak show and people love freak shows.
As far as the weather. The worlds weather has been changing for years and will continue to change. God doesn't have a thing to do with it. God figured the people in New Orleans party too much? I don't think so. What did Sri Lanka(sp?) do to deserve the Tsunami(sp?)? Global warming messing everything up?
As far as gay's are concerned. If God thought they were bad they wouldn't be here to begin with would they? God made them like they are. It's not a choice thing. If you think its a choice thing then you are living in a very narrow view of things and not believing whats in front of your face IMO. Not an aimed insult, just a people in general statement.

Polak
10-25-05, 04:11 PM
His kind will always draw attention because he's a freak show and people love freak shows.
As far as the weather. The worlds weather has been changing for years and will continue to change. God doesn't have a thing to do with it. God figured the people in New Orleans party too much? I don't think so. What did Sri Lanka(sp?) do to deserve the Tsunami(sp?)? Global warming messing everything up?
As far as gay's are concerned. If God thought they were bad they wouldn't be here to begin with would they? God made them like they are. It's not a choice thing. If you think its a choice thing then you are living in a very narrow view of things and not believing whats in front of your face IMO. Not an aimed insult, just a people in general statement.

I would not say that homosexuality is a choice thing, no. I think that homosexuality is a disease. I know that the majority of people will disagree with me on this one, but once again, please respect my opinion and do not try to make me change my view on this matter, because it will not work. I know that you think that I’m wrong, as I think that anyone claiming it not to be a disease, is wrong. Let us not get to deep about this subject, I’ve seen many discussions like this one other forums get very nasty. :)

Best regards, Polak

TLAM Strike
10-25-05, 04:30 PM
Well some could say religion is a disease. :roll:
If it what you are its what you are, just don't try and impose your belief system ETC on anyone else. That goes for both sides. :yep:

Polak
10-25-05, 04:47 PM
If it what you are its what you are, just don't try and impose your belief system ETC on anyone else. That goes for both sides. :yep:

I agree to 99 % :)

mog
10-25-05, 11:59 PM
But what if he is right? What if those natural disasters really are examples of God's wrath? I'm am not a Phelps supporter, I am a roman catholic, I think that there could be some truth in what he's saying ...
Remember, this is only my opinion, I respect your opinions so try to respect mine... I'm not trying to start a flamewar or something... I'm just expressing my thoughts.

Why kind of cruel God would choose to manifest his wrath with something that kills indiscriminately? Surely children, for example, aren't guilty of tolerating homosexuality.

gdogghenrikson
10-26-05, 01:24 AM

I agree to 99 % :)

me too

sonar732
10-26-05, 08:49 AM
I am downright surprised about all the inuendo's that God placed his rath on the tsunami, hurricane, earthquake, and etc....natural disasters. When Katrina hit New Orleans, a few associates of mine were saying that they had it comming for all the sin it produced. My heart was just boiling because they forgot one of the staples I was taught was God's grace and mercy which should bring people to be compassionate to their fellow human. I almost blurted out that "what would happen if the gamblin' boat burned up with their family members in it...would they feel the same or mad at the lord?"...Thankfully I held my tongue.

joea
10-27-05, 04:58 AM

Nop, your opnion sucks and reeks, what kind of God do you believe in? He would not kill everyone jsut because he was angry with homos.

Let the flames begin. :hulk:

Polak
10-27-05, 05:28 AM

Nop, your opnion sucks and reeks, what kind of God do you believe in? He would not kill everyone jsut because he was angry with homos.

I believe in the holy god, the father of christ.
It's mentionen in the bible in many places that god punishes the people. I believe that he's done it once again.

The Avon Lady
10-27-05, 05:46 AM
A Jewish outlook on calamities: The Tsunami and God (http://www.aish.com/spirituality/philosophy/The_Tsunami_and_God.asp).

joea
10-27-05, 05:56 AM

I believe in the holy god, the father of christ.
It's mentionen in the bible in many places that god punishes the people. I believe that he's done it once again.

So do I...and God does not punish children. Maybe the difference between Roman Catholicism and Orthodoxy...I really like the article the Avon Lady posted, I agree with it maybe you should read it?

Polak
10-27-05, 06:09 AM
I've read it, but I dont agree with it.

The Avon Lady
10-27-05, 06:12 AM
and God does not punish children.
This is not so.

".........preserving loving kindness for thousands, forgiving iniquity and rebellion and sin; yet He does not completely clear [of sin] He visits the iniquity of parents on children and children's children, to the third and fourth generations."
- Exodus 34:7

bradclark1
10-27-05, 03:15 PM
".........preserving loving kindness for thousands, forgiving iniquity and rebellion and sin; yet He does not completely clear [of sin] He visits the iniquity of parents on children and children's children, to the third and fourth generations."

This is an example of why I can't come to a decision about whether I believe in god or not. Sounds like something the mafia would come up with.

The Avon Lady
10-27-05, 03:28 PM

This is an example of why I can't come to a decision about whether I believe in god or not. Sounds like something the mafia would come up with.
Well, unlike Catholics, we Jews don't believe God is Italian. :rotfl:

Col7777
10-28-05, 09:17 AM
Can I ask a few questions please, it is obvious there are different thoughts and religions here, you pray to a God, is it the same God, it seems it isn't?
So there is more than one God, so is the God you believe in good and right and the others not so good and right?
Who are the Gods and where are they, don't they talk to each other, if they do exist are they playing a game with us like a young boy with tin soldiers, if so I don't like being a tine soldier?
I remember reading a book about some local history, one time the people not far from where I live used to worship a hill, as time went by that obviously changed but the village got it's name from that hill, a nice little story so far, but before they stopped worshiping that hill there was a lot of bloodshed because someone came along and said the hill wasn't a God and there was a different God and you should worship that one.
So people get brought up to believe in the God their parents and elders believe in, they are told this is the right God and you must pray and worship him etc, I say (Him) are gods men I don't know?

I'm told God punishes those who do wrong, well I lost a child many years ago, I lost my wife a few years ago, I got robbed a not long ago and lost nearly everything.
I got ill had had to stay off work, my pay got cut and I was struggling to keep my home and even eat, a lot of things had to be sold just to keep my head above water, this was when I got robbed I mentioned earlier.
So what did I do wrong, I will help anybody when I can, I am friendly and kind, but I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what it is.

I can recall at school where a young girl was allowed to miss the morning assembly because of her religion, her God was a different one, there was another boy who also didn't attend, when he was asked why he said he didn't believe in God and he was punished in front of the whole school.
The thing is I knew that boy and he was good and honest and later grew up to carry on being good and honest, just and example of how we are brain washed in to believing there must be a God and we must worship etc.

Look at the natives in Africa, that worshiped Gods of all different descriptions, then along came the missionaries and told them different, now they believe in the God the missionaries told them to believe in, and they bring their children up to believe the same.

I not long ago had a knock on my door, it was two people asking me if I was a Jehovah Witness, I told them I wasn't and they began to tell me why I should be.
I let them finish then gave them my philosophy and asked if they agreed with it, they didn't, they were firmly stuck in their beliefs and wouldn't even see my side of things, they thought I was wrong.

Look at this forum, we originally came on here because we like naval sims and a lot of us like a bit of WW1/2 history etc.
If one of us is stuck with a problem we jump to help if we can or point in the right direction, we become a kind of family, look what happens when we introduce a topic about politics or religion, the family starts to break up.

Sixpack
10-28-05, 10:15 AM
If one of us is stuck with a problem we jump to help if we can or point in the right direction, we become a kind of family, look what happens when we introduce a topic about politics or religion, the family starts to break up.

Sorry for that. You think my brother Konovalov is mad at me ?

:rotfl:

Konovalov
10-28-05, 10:26 AM
You think my brother Konovalov is mad at me ?

No. I think you are obsessed with me which scares me. :lol:

Sixpack
10-28-05, 10:34 AM
You think my brother Konovalov is mad at me ?

No. I think you are obsessed with me which scares me. :lol:

'You' folks love that, don't you deny it ! :lol:

Konovalov
10-28-05, 10:50 AM
Seriously though, why is it that you bring my name into posts so often for no apparent reason? Why can you not discuss a topic without directing an attack at me or mocking me? Can we not have a simple discussion based on an issue without you having to direct some personal jibe at me? This is becoming very tiring.

Kissaki
10-28-05, 11:01 AM
I'm told God punishes those who do wrong, well I lost a child many years ago, I lost my wife a few years ago, I got robbed a not long ago and lost nearly everything.
I got ill had had to stay off work, my pay got cut and I was struggling to keep my home and even eat, a lot of things had to be sold just to keep my head above water, this was when I got robbed I mentioned earlier.
So what did I do wrong, I will help anybody when I can, I am friendly and kind, but I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what it is.

No good deed goes unpunished, as they say. It's precicely because Job was such a good and righteous man that God decided to test him so severely.

Also, are you doing good things to help others, or are you doing good things to help yourself? What if God personally told you, "I've made up my mind, you're going to Hell when you die and nothing you do is going to change that." Would you still dedicate your life to doing good?

I am myself not a religious man, but I don't think it right for people to question their faith based on what happens to them personally. I'm sure the Holocaust rocked the faith of many who experienced it first hand, but they knew that Jews had been persecuted and murdered several times through history. Why wasn't their faith shaken until it happened to them? I've also heard Christians say that "what loving god would do something like this" when they've been through a personal disaster. But every day on the news they see people suffering much worse, yet this did not affect their faith.

Col7777
10-28-05, 12:06 PM
@ kissaki,

I understand what you are saying and yes I do get your point.

To answer your question about helping, I do help others a lot and I also help myself to an extent, but not selfishly.
I just can't understand some things, for instance children get murdered or tortured, the horrible people who did it sometimes get caught and punished, some of those murderers are still alive in prison being payed for by taxpayers.
The poor children who were murdered or tortured, had religious services held for them where the minister of what ever faith said they were innocent, so if they were innocent why did it happen?
Was it to test the parents and families, that sure is some test?

I remember after 9/11 there was a minister on TV who's brother had been killed in the attacks, he said the attackers were God's children so he forgave them.
But we have I think established there is more than one God, so which God did they belong too?
So back to my above post, don't the Gods talk to each other, "Hey some of your kids had just murdered some of my kids."
The other God, "Oh, sorry about that."
Another question, if there is more than one God, is there more than one devil, or is he on his own?

Abraham
10-29-05, 03:10 AM
A Jewish outlook on calamities: The Tsunami and God (http://www.aish.com/spirituality/philosophy/The_Tsunami_and_God.asp).
Thanks, good reading and it answers a lot of questions posed in this thread.

kiwi_2005
11-03-05, 11:01 AM
A Jewish outlook on calamities: The Tsunami and God.

A very good read.

Just when i think i know, i get something like this to make me realise i dont.