PDA

View Full Version : Rome: Total War patch 1.3

Syxx_Killer
10-17-05, 09:13 AM
For you RTW players, what are your thoughts on the new patch? I am just now really getting into the game after leaving it sit in the desk drawer since August. I know that 1.3 was included in the Barbarian Invasion expansion pack. The standalone patch 1.3 was released a few days ago. I know 1.3 has it problems, but I'm not that experienced with the game to really know what is what. It sounds like some of the biggest bugs are: you no longer are notified of Senate offices, pirates are overwhelming (not sure if that is stock RTW or BI; don't remember pirates in 1.2), alliances with the Senate/Brutii/Julii/Scipii can be broken too easily, and the AI doesn't do sea based invasions anymore. I don't remember them doing sea invasions in 1.2 all that well. They would place an army on the boats and leave them floating out in the sea. Despite all that, it sounds like they fixed the save/load bug (I'm still not too sure what that was about).

Bellman
10-17-05, 10:17 AM
Am sticking with 1.2 with the Darth mod and a separate install with SPQR as the battlefield is my bag.

Have removed BI - my PC didnt like the graphics and I wasnt wild about the gameplay -
this leads me to avoid 1.3 which it is reported still has bugs and is mainly aimed at MP compatibility between vanilla and BI. ;)

10-17-05, 11:56 AM
:o I have yet to get my first patch for the game. My situation right now is that everyone has their armies built up, so it's a HUGE standoff between me and Spain (the Gauls got pwned). I think I've got a fort or two on the border with Spain that can take them. I've lost so many units assaulting their main fortress on our border, if I could finally wipe them out and get on with my mission, then I'll be happy :up:

P.S. Sweet game!