PDA

View Full Version : Remembering the Uprising

10-03-05, 08:37 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/october/3/newsid_3560000/3560811.stm

After 63 days of fighting a battle that was meant to last only 3-5 days. SP (RIP in Polish) to all those that gave their lives and a big thank you to all involved, living and dead.

Abraham
10-04-05, 01:42 AM
Great link to a sad story!
I've never believed the argument of the Russians that their lines of communication were streched too much to help the revolting Polish Underground. The destruction by the Germans of what might have been a nationalistic political force after the liberation suited Stalin very well.
Is it now generally accepted in Poland that the Russians willingly led the free Poles bleed to death?

Konovalov
10-04-05, 05:05 AM
I've never believed the argument of the Russians that their lines were streched to much to help the revolting Polish Underground. The destruction by the Germans of what might have been a nationalistic political force after the liberation suited Stalin very well.
Is it now generally accepted in Poland that the Russians willingly led the free Poles bled to death?

Agree totally with what you have said. Poland was the mince meat stuck between two slices of Nazi and Communist bread. :(

Damo1977
10-04-05, 07:35 AM
Agree totally with what you have said. Poland was the mince meat stuck between two slices of Nazi and Communist bread. :(

That is wrong.......what about the Czechs? Who were promised independence from a country called Poland (among others) and than abandoned to be left hung, drawn and quartered. No I am not mentioning the Slovaks, cause they abadoned the Czechs.

Konovalov
10-04-05, 09:31 AM

That is wrong.......what about the Czechs? Who were promised independence from a country called Poland (among others) and than abandoned to be left hung, drawn and quartered. No I am not mentioning the Slovaks, cause they abadoned the Czechs.

What is wrong with what I said? :roll:

Abraham
10-04-05, 12:09 PM
What is wrong with what I said? :roll:
A bit ignorant of the forum 'etiquette' after being away, uh?
You agreed with me.
Totally even!
:D

Polak
10-04-05, 12:29 PM
1916, Dziekuje za ten tread :yep:
Nie jeden raz wspominalem na temat naszych
wysilkow wojenych na tym forum, dobrze ze ktos
sie dolaczyl. :)

I've never believed the argument of the Russians that their lines were streched to much to help the revolting Polish Underground. The destruction by the Germans of what might have been a nationalistic political force after the liberation suited Stalin very well.
Is it now generally accepted in Poland that the Russians willingly led the free Poles bled to death?
It has allways been accepted, but we where not alound to talk about it. That's the beauty of russian forced communism :shifty:

10-04-05, 02:20 PM
KEEPING THE THREAD ON TOPIC

It has allways been accepted, but we where not alound to talk about it. That's the beauty of russian forced communism :shifty:

Nie ma za co. Tylko kolejny dumny Polak i to jest czesc nasza historia (i zbyt wazna).

Abraham
10-04-05, 03:45 PM
Nie ma za co. Tylko kolejny dumny Polak i to jest czesc nasza historia (i zbyt wazna).
@ 1916 & @ Polak:
:o

Polak
10-04-05, 04:10 PM
@ 1916 & @ Polak:
:o

I was just thanking 1916 for bringing this subject up. :D

Damo1977
10-06-05, 07:20 AM
I just gotta say (even though people believe I am Nazi :shifty: ), I have a Polish Uncle, Uncle Tony. Funny story came from Uncle Tony, he drove in the 60's/early 70's back from Darwin to Adelaide (4000km) in a little Ford Cortina, on muddy unsealed roads having 4WDS in front of him and than leaving them behind.

http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/903/fordcortina8to.png
Something similiar to this