PDA

View Full Version : Russian navy analasys

Kapitan
09-21-05, 03:45 PM
im currently doing an analasys of the russian navy cold war basicaly ive started out introducing the topic which is about 3 pages i then go on to discuss each type of submarine in detail which is a page each and then saftey features weapons and types of reactors and how they work.

it is a long and labouris process thats going to take about 4 months and about 300 pages i think i mean heck ive done about 14 already and thats well just the basics

anyway when ive finished would any one like a copy send by mail or by email

please let me know

regards

Polak
09-21-05, 04:15 PM
If it's free, then sure, why not! :D

PeriscopeDepth
09-21-05, 04:24 PM
300 PAGES?!

CAUTION!

The extremely high activity load that you are about to put your spelling/grammar checker under may actually cause your computer to explode. I would consider a fire extinguisher in your computer room if I were you.

Kapitan
09-21-05, 04:43 PM
lol its ok i got a coupple of buckets of water failing that i got a pair of legs and a rope too :up:

awood6535
09-21-05, 08:53 PM
hell I would like a copy please

August
09-21-05, 09:03 PM
Just curious Kapitan, why are you doing this?

Kapitan
09-22-05, 01:32 AM
cause i am nutz :D

no im sending it off to some one and well as its not claxsified i thought i might as well offer it round

you asked me why am i doing this
im going to say why not ?

August
09-22-05, 12:41 PM
cause i am nutz :D

no im sending it off to some one and well as its not claxsified i thought i might as well offer it round

you asked me why am i doing this
im going to say why not ?

Well thanks for answering.

My answer to your "why not" is it's a lot of work...

Type941
09-22-05, 02:31 PM
I'll be a greatful reader, post about it once you are done. Just the submarine bit itself would be interesting on its own. It's in english right? Pictures or some schmeatics at least, will you include them? Looking forward to this actually.

Kapitan
09-22-05, 03:41 PM
it has pictures and will have diagrames i got a nice picture of a zulu firing a missile

also the paper is water marked with the russian crest (on screen as well) its faint and it allows you to read it but its a nice add :up:

SUBMAN1
09-22-05, 04:03 PM
I'd take a copy, if and only if, it doesn't contain BS info like taking 2 to 10 MK 48's to sink a single Akula or something to that effect. :D

-S

Kapitan
09-22-05, 05:00 PM
its more history of the boats and specifications than chatting about how to destroy it

as it goes the MK48 has a shape charged warhead which is intresting because a shap charge once its sliced through one layer of steel metal it cant realy slice through another because the molten copper which does the slicing is splayed out and is only contained around the area of impact.

also a shape charged warhead would have to be imensly powerful to take on a titanium double hulled submarine (none exist) as for a single hulled titanium submarine it could do enough damage to slice open the hull slightly and could cause one or two compartments to flood which to an alfa is death anyway

the typhoon however is a diffrent matter one sharpe charge could get through the outer hull yes but what about the inner hull unless you got two shape charges in one warhead which is doubntful unless they are small then your only going to do slight damage to the pressure hull

the MK48ADCAP isnt as powerful as many make out if it does have a shape charge warhead then its definatly not that powerful and would not sink an oscar or typhoon a smaller submarine akula victor maybe.

850kg of shape charge could bring down most submarines yes but only if there hulls are in relatively close proximaty other wise the molten copper would cool before reaching the inner hull which wouldnt do any damage little if that.

if the warhead was 850kg or more of HE explosive then you could puncture the inner hull of any submarine regardless but you probly only flood two compartments at most the typhoon and oscars can stay aflot with three compartments flooded as long as they surface

now all that is not from me i emailed controlled demolition inc to get that answer and thats what was basicaly said

SUBMAN1
09-22-05, 05:19 PM
its more history of the boats and specifications than chatting about how to destroy it

as it goes the MK48 has a shape charged warhead which is intresting because a shap charge once its sliced through one layer of steel metal it cant realy slice through another because the molten copper which does the slicing is splayed out and is only contained around the area of impact.

also a shape charged warhead would have to be imensly powerful to take on a titanium double hulled submarine (none exist) as for a single hulled titanium submarine it could do enough damage to slice open the hull slightly and could cause one or two compartments to flood which to an alfa is death anyway

the typhoon however is a diffrent matter one sharpe charge could get through the outer hull yes but what about the inner hull unless you got two shape charges in one warhead which is doubntful unless they are small then your only going to do slight damage to the pressure hull

the MK48ADCAP isnt as powerful as many make out if it does have a shape charge warhead then its definatly not that powerful and would not sink an oscar or typhoon a smaller submarine akula victor maybe.

850kg of shape charge could bring down most submarines yes but only if there hulls are in relatively close proximaty other wise the molten copper would cool before reaching the inner hull which wouldnt do any damage little if that.

if the warhead was 850kg or more of HE explosive then you could puncture the inner hull of any submarine regardless but you probly only flood two compartments at most the typhoon and oscars can stay aflot with three compartments flooded as long as they surface

now all that is not from me i emailed controlled demolition inc to get that answer and thats what was basicaly said

Care to test that theory?

-S

Kapitan
09-22-05, 05:23 PM
already been done when they test blast at demolition sites shape charges can cut through steel only 3 inch thick as long as its relativly straight and thin like a crane leg for example

but im not intrested in that for this project i dont give a flying eff rite at this minuet im focusing on the boats themselves roles played what they did carried where they went accidents proceadures ect ect

SUBMAN1
09-22-05, 05:25 PM
already been done when they test blast at demolition sites shape charges can cut through steel only 3 inch thick as long as its relativly straight and thin like a crane leg for example

but im not intrested in that for this project i dont give a flying eff rite at this minuet im focusing on the boats themselves roles played what they did carried where they went accidents proceadures ect ect

I still don't beleive the US would field a weapon not capable of doing the job with only 1, so I think there is more to the story than what we know or what the Russians know for that matter.

Good enough. Look forward to it.

-S

PS. US Torps have an intelligent break the back capability too by the way.

Kapitan
09-22-05, 05:40 PM
yes so its got to be HE explosive rather than a shape chage cause a shape charge could and isnt powerful enough to brak a ships back

if you hit the typhoon in the right spot (midship) then you would more than likely kill it with one hit but bow or stern unlikely

TLAM Strike
09-22-05, 08:10 PM
Still don't beleive the US would field a weapon not capable of doing the job with only 1... I guess your not familiar with the concept of ‘Carpet Bombing’? :lol: The US has used lots of weapons that rely on overwelming a target with numbers or many weapons to hit a target.

Kapitan
09-23-05, 01:25 AM
yeah thats true we saw carpet bombing in afghanistan couae one guided bomb couldnt do the job