PDA

View Full Version : my memories

Kapitan
09-13-05, 03:50 PM
i have some fond memories of SH2 most notibly i sank only one aircraft carrier many merchant vessels and no battle ships in all the time i was playing it so i was happy even though i never realy scored high in tonnage.

any memorys you guys ?

gdogghenrikson
09-13-05, 05:48 PM
1. I remember how cool terpedo cam was
2. I remember playing sub vs. sub with my friend
3. I remember one time we were playing sub vs sub and we collided(that was a fun one)
4. UNLIMITED AMMO(that also made sub vs sub fun hehe torpedoes everyware)
5. The german accents
6. the very annoying "up perescope", and "down perescope" even if you moved it up or down a notch

do you really want me to continue?

Kapitan
09-13-05, 06:06 PM
ya plz do

Floater
09-13-05, 06:46 PM
The hydrophone interface was much better modelled, IMO. You could keep track of multiple contacts without having to man the damned thing yourself (and without having to rely on the lines on the map), and if you did decide to play sonarman, you could use the keyboard to rotate the head instead of all this mouse-clickety nonsense.

Yes, the torpedo cam was useful too, although, of course, completely unrealistic. But if you wanted to use it, you didn't get that dizzying and confusing constant-rotation-around-only-one-torpedo stuff that SH3 gives you, and you can get an idea of where you're going wrong in aiming salvos, etc.

I didn't do much MP, but when I did, playing against human-controlled DDs was a blast.

All in all, though, I think they've done a truly wonderful job with SH3, and I've not played SH2 since.

CB..
09-14-05, 04:16 AM
same here SH3 is bl**dy marvelous--kinda bizaare that the sonar station doesn't really improve over SH2 (even tho it is 3d) and yes there's too much mouse clicking--click here click there click click click--makes it fidlly and annoying--

my principle memories of SH2 was the edgyness of the game--let down by the repetiveness of the DD encounters--allways found my self saying- oh well here we go again--another 3 hour evasion job--allways panned out the same way--

part from that there was the constant thought-- hmmm wonder what would happen if i changed that or this or the other ---never really got to the end of that rainbow to see if there really was a pot of gold there some where--