PDA

View Full Version : Helo dipping

manwar
08-15-05, 02:41 PM
Having a bit of trouble gents. I downloaded the helo dipping doctrine and think I put it in the rtight spot. I stil have no evidence that my helo ever dips and listens. Is it abstractly simulated and I'm missing it? Maybe I'll DL the file again. Anyway any thoughts would help.

Mac out

DivingWind
08-15-05, 02:49 PM
Never heared of such doctrine!

Who made it and where did you get it?

LuftWolf
08-15-05, 02:53 PM
Bill "Subguru" Nichols wrote that doctrine.

It is on his excellent DW/SC missions and mods site, www.subguru.com

I am using that doctrine, I think it is abstracted, as my helo has killed things without me specifically telling it to and w/o helpful buoys. :)

DivingWind
08-15-05, 02:55 PM
Will it be in the 1.02 patch?

LuftWolf
08-15-05, 02:58 PM
I thought it would be in the 1.01 patch, so I don't know, I haven't heard anything specific.

manwar
08-15-05, 03:00 PM
Thanks luftwolf guess I'll just have to trust him to his business. Have you ever recieved contact reports from him or did he just run out and attack something you couldn't see?

Mac out

DivingWind
08-15-05, 03:02 PM
I can answer to my question :) Yes it will be included in the next patch.
And double checked subguru,found the doctrine(actually one of the first modifyed doctrines).Can't figure it out how I missed it :doh:

LuftWolf
08-15-05, 03:44 PM
I haven't done much with the FFG, but I do remember clearly that I hadn't marked a contact but had sent it to a general area and not given it anything to do and it attacked a sub that was very close to where I told it to stop.