PDA

View Full Version : Any head-to-head multiplayer player mode

ReubenJames
08-11-05, 03:18 PM
I am a newbie to the game. Does this game support head-to-head Multiplayer game? Or I will only play against AI and co-op with other human players?

Zerogreat
08-11-05, 03:26 PM
Yes, you can play also head to head as you say. There are almost infinite possibilities, you can have multiplayer sub vs. sub, ship vs. sub, more subs vs. ship and helicopter, this vs. that.... well anything you can create in the editor :up:

ReubenJames
08-11-05, 03:31 PM
Thanks for your swift reply. Let me ask further. So let say, Ship Vs Sub, does it mean I can run the Ship, and my friend can run the Sub; both of us are playing over the internet online ?

Zerogreat
08-11-05, 03:50 PM
Yes, of course :yep:

ReubenJames
08-11-05, 03:57 PM
Last question: are there head-to-head multiplayer modes for Silent Hunter III then?

Zerogreat
08-11-05, 05:13 PM
I dont know for sure, i do not have SH3 ... but from what i saw on SH3 boards, i THINK it is coop only

Nieldo
08-11-05, 06:38 PM
SH3 is coop only :)

ReubenJames
08-12-05, 01:17 AM
Thanks, that is a shame. Dangerous Waters is not completely dedicated to submarines, but SH-III does.

However, I prefer more online fun play. So I think I will get Damgrous Waters. I suppose it is like Jane's Fleet Command. By the way, how do you find a server to play a game online?

Zerogreat
08-12-05, 02:42 AM
You can use hyper lobby http://hyperfighter.sk/ for online play

Fish
08-12-05, 03:19 AM
You can use hyper lobby http://hyperfighter.sk/ for online play
Or join a virtual fleet.
For example, at the Seawolves you can play every day.

ReubenJames
08-12-05, 03:28 AM
Thanks seamen.

I know Hyper-Lobby long time ago. I was playing Jan'e Combat Simulation "Longbow 2" and "F/A-18". Well, those were the days in retrospect; when flight simulation was in their most glorious time. Today, no longer you will find anyone playing one of those hard-core flight simulation in the lobby.

Something I want to know before I actually pay hte big bugs for the game. Is the lobby crowded? Are there any mods currently going on for the game? Last questions: how good the graphics looks ? I checked out S.C.C official website' screenshots, Jane's Fleet Command keeps coming back to my mind for every screenshot I inspected. But really, I can't tell how good the graphics is in-game. Is it quite dated?

Bellman
08-12-05, 03:39 AM
:sunny: Several good fleets available including NC-HQ :-

http://navalcommand-hq.com/

You will find plenty of MP action :up:

Graphics are good but you will be too busy to stick your head out of the window much.
Take it from me having moved away from flight sime after 10 years. :lol:

This is a grown-ups sim - and b****y hard if you switch off the auto assistance. :cool:

If you enjoy a challrenge get over here quick . :rock:

Kaptain Lord Aaron
08-12-05, 07:49 PM
Yes, you can play also head to head as you say. There are almost infinite possibilities, you can have multiplayer sub vs. sub, ship vs. sub, more subs vs. ship and helicopter, this vs. that.... well anything you can create in the editor :up:Cant say enough good about this game. The multiplayer rocks. It can be vs or coop for up to 30 layers. Dangrous Waters also has a multi sattion mode wher you and other can control differnt stations on the same platform. If you buy the game GET the book it rocks.-

ReubenJames
08-13-05, 08:13 AM
Sorry guys. I have to disappoint you. Firstly, I don't have a credit card, I don't trust online purchase anyway. Secondly, I have re-installed Jane's Fleet Command last night. It has the same infrastructure as Dangerous Waters does. And today, instead of choosing Silent Hunter III, I finally bid for Sub Command.

The reason is sentimental. The first simulation I bought many many years ago was Jan'e Combat Simulation series USNF by EA. Then I thought EA did what its name says, the graphics were really artistic. Quite immature thinking compared to today's standards. Now looking at Sub Command, despite it was produced in 2001, from the Main menu, interface to the presentation and voice-controlled commands are alll down to the last details. I paid the equivalent of US$ 28.00 but it worths the money. I can go head to head with other players, if I can still find someone to play with. I hope I will find someone I can play with!