PDA

View Full Version : Nav Map

SmokinTep
08-05-05, 07:23 AM
I've noticed in some of these screen shots, that the nav map inside the control room has stuff on it. Mine does not have this. Is this some kind of mod?

DerKaleun
08-05-05, 08:07 AM
You mean that logarithmic scale with KM KNOTS and MIN ? Yes it´s a mod, can be found here at subsim com.

SmokinTep
08-05-05, 09:11 AM
Thanks, was wondering why mine was blank.

DieScreaming
08-05-05, 09:26 AM
If you mean the ones that the weapons officer and navigation officer pour over they should be a copy of the F6 and F5 maps. This is not a mod.

I have noticed that sometimes during a game mine suddenly go blank or are a sort of moire pattern. I think this could be a graphics card issue. If I reload the game the maps are restored.

Sawdust
08-05-05, 09:58 AM
I thought it was cool that the maps in the 3D view of the control room update themselves in the game.

SmokinTep
08-05-05, 10:19 AM
I have yet to see anything on mine. He just stares at a blank sheet......... :lol:

Duncan Idaho
08-05-05, 12:17 PM
If you mean the ones that the weapons officer and navigation officer pour over they should be a copy of the F6 and F5 maps. This is not a mod.

I have noticed that sometimes during a game mine suddenly go blank or are a sort of moire pattern. I think this could be a graphics card issue. If I reload the game the maps are restored.

I agree that it's not a mod, I think he's talking about how sometimes on the maps you can see plots, and marks like you see in F5 view. Sometimes my maps show that, sometimes they don't.

As for it being a graphics card issue, I'm pretty sure it is. That moire pattern you mentioned seems to be related to, or is the same problem that causes the 'white smoke' with Nvidia cards. For me, alt tabbing out of the game and right back in fixes it...for a while.

Drebbel
08-05-05, 01:39 PM
I have yet to see anything on mine. He just stares at a blank sheet......... :lol:

I have seen strange effect on the 3d nav mao before. But only when running with incorrect drivers and/or old video cards. But the whole map looked funny in those cases. And I understand your map looks perfect and just has the ships missing.