PDA

View Full Version : Disorganized convoys

thecaptain
08-02-05, 11:53 AM
I don't know if it's just me, but has anyone noticed that convoys seem to be in a state of disarray most of the time. Maybe I'm just catching them when they're in the middle of making a course/speed change or somthing. Still, this seems to be the case on every convoy encounter I've had since patch 1.4b. Anyone else experiencing this?

SmokinTep
08-02-05, 12:20 PM
I recently came accross one off the coast of Africa that seemed to be that way. Most of the ones I encounter seem to be organized.

Spike
08-02-05, 12:44 PM
It seems to me if they spawn to close together they are disorganized,but farther apart,they don't.

MonkeyHero
08-02-05, 12:47 PM
I've run into a few disorganized convoys and I think the problem is like Spike said. Others have talked about it before and its something to do with convoy's properties having too small of a spacing between ships and the AI gets nervous.

I hate it when one of the T2's I'm lining upr suddenly decides that it doesn't like the column it's in and goes AWOL to get to a different column.

thecaptain
08-02-05, 01:07 PM
Thanks all for the feedback. Even if the convoys aren't the best at getting their act together, the late war destroyers certainly don't have any problems. Trying to sneak into a convoy in 1944 is pretty much tantamount to a suicide mission. If you get two or more pinging away at you, you're pretty much history. But it sure is damned exciting.

SteamWake
08-02-05, 01:50 PM
Is it possible you got detected and they are zigging to avoid making a fat target for you ?

MonkeyHero
08-02-05, 02:04 PM
When you've been detected they usually zig in a much more orderly fashion. This is just mass confusion with ships switching lines, getting pushed out of line by another ship, stopping because they got to close to the ship in front of them, etc.

thecaptain
08-02-05, 02:07 PM
That could be in some cases. But I use the free cam and am able to check well ahead of time what I'm dealing with and they usually are still messed up. One good thing, though. The lack of organization usually means there's a straggler or two away from the main body of the convoy, which usually results in easy meat on the table for this grey wolf.