PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo Management Screen Corruption?

scrapser
08-01-05, 11:20 AM
I've experienced this a few times both on my old PC and my new one. If I launch SH3 and play for a while, then quit to desktop...then do this again without having rebooted my computer, I will sometimes experience the Torpedo Management screen becoming corrupt when I try to drag and drop external torpedoes down to the open reserve slots.

Last night, I tried to move 5 torpedoes down from the externals and after dragging the first one, the rest of the slots went completely blank...not even the graphics showing an empty tube. I saved and exited the patrol and returned and they were still blank. Only after completely exiting SH3 was I able to see the available torpedoes again.

This sounds like a memory leak to me. Has anyone heard similar reports or news of addressing this issue?

scrapser

StdDev
08-01-05, 11:39 AM
I have experienced similar...
But being lazy I just blamed the Dutch and moved on! :D

Seriously.. I did not try exit/reboot/reload.. this might have fixed it?

basilio
08-01-05, 11:46 AM
Let me guess: are you using a IX-D2 u-boat? If so, this is a common bug. Just put in the search engine the words "IX-D2" and "bug" and you'll see plenty of topics about this issue.
I've it too, and there is nothing that can be done for it, apart:
1) do not try to transfer more than one torpedo at the same time;
2) reduce, by a small mod (don't remember its name, but you'll find it in the posts) the number of the externals;
3) exit the game and reload when the problem occurs (it is what you're doing).
I don't have this issues with other boats, apart from the IX-D2.
Hope this helps (a little).

scrapser
08-01-05, 04:21 PM
I'm patroling with a type IXC. Hopefully this is something they will have ironed out when they release the expansion this fall.

scrapser