PDA

View Full Version : Omg.. the most frustrating thing ever...

Salvadoreno
07-30-05, 08:08 PM
I find a TASK FORCE!!! Headed for the Gibralter Straight. It was juicy, a King George V, a couple Nelsons.. and only 2 destroyers. Omg luckily i they havcent outran me and i get into a perfect firing position. Well work called me and asked why i was late "doh" so i saved and returned that night...

When i tried to load the save,, a CTD.. Nooo!!!! So that was gone..

Then i found a convoy that is all scattered about a long way west of ireland "i think they were getting in formation". So i set up and save and when i reload again.. BAM.. CTD.. NO!!! this only happened recently! whats going on!!!

gws226
07-30-05, 09:01 PM
weird same thing happened to me tonight as well..........

My save would get as far "initializing" then crash back to the desktop.

This appears to only happen when I attempt to load a save where there are contacts in my area. I try not save/load when engaging... but everyone gets called away in the heat of battle every now and then.

This is the error message windows gives me

The timeout waiting for the performance data collection function "PerfOS" in the "D:\WINDOWS\System32\perfos.dll" Library to finish has expired. There may be a problem with this extensible counter or the service it is collecting data from or the system may have been very busy when this call was attempted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I managed to back up to an earlier save, but Im really upset with the result.

Initial run: 2 T3s down on first salvo, lining up second

The replay:
salvo 1
2 Torps @ 11.7 hit a T3 --> slowed to 5 knots
2 Torps @ 11.7 @ T3 --> one detinated premature, the other hit... no efffect

Fired snapshot from rear tube @ damaged T3 while disengaging... bounces off hull...

Disengage/ re-engage

Salvo 2:
2 Torps @10.5 @ T2 --> one premature, other hit... no result
1 Torp @ costal merchant--> premature detonation
1 Torp @ coastal merchat--> hits forward, huge flames--> keeps on chugging

Fired snapshot from rear tube @ damaged T2 while disengaging... detonates pre-mature

Get DC'd for 45 minutes
Disengage/re-engage

Salvo 3
2 @ damaged T2 @ 10.5 ---> one premature, other hit... slows to 5 knots
1 @ damaged T3 @ 11.7 --->detinates, slows to 2 knts
All torps expended

DC'd for 2 hours

surface @ night, finish off straggling T3 w/ deckgun

Return to port:
results 2 T3 sunk, 1 T2 damaged, 1 coastal merchant damaged

hehehehe sorry to hijack a bit, the lady just doesn't understand my pain like you all here

:arrgh!:

Seminole
07-30-05, 09:46 PM
I always save with my current patrol number before I go into any expected combat situation.

Then if I must quit while engaged.....I save with my current patrol number and add "A"...a unique save...then hit Continue...as the game won't allow just an Exit if one is engaged.

Next I imediately save again and this time add a "B" for a second unique saved game....this time hitting Save And Exit.

When I return I load from the "A" unigue save and never had a problem since I started doing this....Once Burned-Twice Learned.

Also I have the secondary backup insurance of a save before going into combat...should I ever need that.

rudewarrior
07-30-05, 10:10 PM
I've been having the exact same problem, but I think I found a solution. I have installed Jungman's sonar pak, which apparently replaces a screwed up version of the AI_Sensors file, when you are using RUb. If you are not using RUb, then this may not be the problem, but you might want to try it anyway. You can check the history of this topic here:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=40708&highlight=

At the bottom of this thread you will see a link to the Sensor Pak thread. On page 5 of that thread about 1/4 of the way down, there is a link to his Sensor Pak.

Hope this helps.

Duncan Idaho
07-30-05, 10:58 PM
Yup, I had the same problem when using the DC_Sonar fix mod by Jungman, but not the updated one you can find in the SH3 Mods workshop. Apparently, the version in RuB was the version you can download in the Files Library here, but that is an old version made with the AI_Sensors.dat from SH3 1.3 patch, and it seems to crash when loading saves sometimes.

Here's the thread with an updated version of the DC_Sonar fix, where you can snag a repaired version that is compatible with SH3 1.4 (And someone should see about replacing the 1.3 version in the Files Library with the fixed one below, so others don't suffer).

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=40226

Also, you might check the 'You think the XXI sucks' thread, you can get a completely different AI_Sensors.dat file there, which fixes some problems with snorkel detection by aircraft. Your choice, here's a link to that one, as the guy above said it's on page 5 I think. ;)

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=40248