PDA

View Full Version : Sublog progress

Caleb
07-30-05, 05:49 PM
It's been a while but i made some progress today. I got the date thing figured out so you should expect an up and running working version within the next 48 hours. i hope.

Drebbel
07-31-05, 12:20 AM
Sounds great, errr, but what can we read on sublog ?

The Avon Lady
07-31-05, 02:38 AM
I hate surprises! :dead:

Caleb
07-31-05, 03:31 PM
not much to read. i am working on the captain creation and editing at the moment. However...

I dont have the game yet. so could someone tell me the first and last date of the game?

i need the month and date of day one to last day.
1939 .... 1945

...progress

Caleb
07-31-05, 04:51 PM
Planned Features

first phase:
create up to 3 captains
show captain starting, career, and ending info
create entrys for each mission
show screen shots from each mission (up to 3)

second phase
show timeline
display current events relative to your captains time period
display other captains evens relative to your captains period
-upon returning from a patrol you find that a fellow sub was destroyed while attacking a convoy AL38, Recieve reports of convoys lanes opening up. Air coverage increasing. Contrys being over taken. Subs becoming available in certain flotillas.
-i was thinking something like a newspaper that would show events like stories, with pictures and such. since its all database driven it should be pretty dynamic. at any given time you can see what happened where in the world. ie. read reports of happenings with germany and its war efforts to purify the world.

I hope that this will cause people to become more involved in the time period, and although the missions are "realistic fiction" alot of truths to what happened will be shown. to make it as real as we can get it.

Somewhere in between all this i will get the graphics all pretty.

[/list]