PDA

View Full Version : Two basic questions (I searched first)

Agrajag
07-30-05, 03:00 AM
Why would I want to transfer. I see the option but have stayed with the first group for 7 patrols so far. How many is normal? How does transferring change things? Do I transfer or my whole crew and equipment?

Second, I'm still early on and want to upgrade to the 2500 Renown sub. Once I do it, what do I lose? I assume all upgrades to the previous sub stay with it? Anything else I should know? This 3 bow tubes and 5 fish has to go.

Damo1977
07-30-05, 03:07 AM
Up to you to transfer. You keep your crew and boat. Upgrading to new boat well you start out with a brand spanking new boat minus the renown you spent on it. And considering you are going to a bigger boat you will have to recruit some more crew

Happy hunting

JoachimV
07-30-05, 03:58 AM
Well transfer can be used to get those subs that other flotilla's dont get like the IXB and acces to new upgrades. and if you upgrade to a new sub you do lose all your upgrades on the previous one and youll have to recruit some more men

Agrajag
07-30-05, 08:27 AM
Thanks guys. Having a blast. I managed to screw something up and somehow clicked the wrong spot and requested a transfer I didn't really want to request and now find I'm on the 7th Flotilla from the 1st. Port changed from the Willhelmshaven to Kiel, which looks like it's in the middle of nowhere. I may have to go back to a prior save and re-do all my promotions and such.

Just when I think I've seen all the game has to offer, it kicks out more. I just got back from my 7th patrol and it was amazing. The seas started out fine near Bergen where the orders were for and I spotted a cargo ship right off. I got within 1200 meters and just as I hit the Fire button, he spotted us. The first torpedo went off and missed his bow by a hair and the second missed by another hair but to the stern. I then timed it out and nailed him dead center and down he went.

I then decided to cross over to England and ran into terrible seas and visibility that I didn't think a game could reproduce. I couldn't see anything unless I practically ran into it. None of my contacts could be found and 3 times I spotted ships after I passed right by them and by the time I turned around, they were GONE.

I then tripped over a C3 Cargo ship and managed to get perfectly lined up on it. Seconds before I fired a single fatal shot in its side the sound guy warned me of an incoming warship closing fast. I turned the periscope to see and at that exact moment the destroyer literally was on me. I crash dived and he destoyed the periscope almost instantly but then I lost him just as easily as the other ships lost me. All of that going on as the cargo ship sunk around us.

It was surreal and real all at the same time.