PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic ships

Jeffisaie
07-29-05, 01:21 PM
As long as we can send Contact Report and the BdU answers Good job ! , and as long as when you are spotted even by a merchant, Task force are directed on you location, is it the same with German side ?

I made a mission where you atack a convoy and 200 km south is a German task force, i send a report, works well and i have the return from BdU, good job, but nothings seems to happen, the task force,quite near, goes its way... ?

Has anyone ever seen something happening after having sent Contact Rapport ? Does this function work ?

Thanks, Jeff.

Godsongz
07-29-05, 01:35 PM
When close enough to home I have seen German aircraft come in for the kill after a contact report. I have yet to see a German warship do anything, anywhere, for any reason aside from just patrolling friendly harbors.

Wolfram
07-29-05, 01:35 PM
Negative sometimes I wonder if all I am doing is sending a signal to Allied Forces :hmm:

Never seen anything yet - using RUb myself

:arrgh!:

Wolfram
07-29-05, 01:36 PM
When close enough to home I have seen German aircraft come in for the kill after a contact report. I have yet to see a German warship do anything, anywhere, for any reason aside from just patrolling friendly harbors.

Cool maybe sometime I get German air support

:cool:

Carcassonne
07-29-05, 03:41 PM
I recall reading a post from someone a few months back who encoutered multiple enemy DD's off the coast of Norway. He reported the contact and through his periscope saw a number of plans from the Luft make attack runs. One of the planes got a hit, but all were shot down.

Maximus3070
07-29-05, 05:19 PM
Ahhh the German Hyper class... anyway yes i did have a friendly task force come help me out destroy a whole convoy (15 ships + 4 DDs). This was in 1941 and just South of Ireland. :arrgh!:

Wolfram
07-29-05, 06:49 PM
Currently: 1st Flotilla
U-Boat: VII-C (U-93)
Date: April 1941
Position: Port Brest
Battleships Sunk: 1 (King George V)
Crew Deaths: 0
Crew Injuries: 1
Patrols: 18

Wow! 18 patrols and only 1941 - that shipyard/dock at 1st Flotilla must be a Indy 500 pit crew :o

Must be nice sir. I am envious - how much gold bullion to have them work on my type IX :hmm: :)

Me I am still wallowing around on my 8th patrol in AL sector in July 1940.

Have Fun!

Maximus3070
07-30-05, 10:02 AM
I just make all my patrols nice and short ( get there come back ) and if i see any other ships on the way i kill them and run off home :up: :) :arrgh!:

Wolfram
07-30-05, 12:00 PM
ahhh I see :ahoy:

Me I get only a couple hours a night to play and been not using TC much - also try for a minimum of three to four weeks per patrol - last one went about 7 weeks....hope the rations last ;)

August
07-30-05, 12:27 PM
As long as we can send Contact Report and the BdU answers Good job ! , and as long as when you are spotted even by a merchant, Task force are directed on you location, is it the same with German side ?

I made a mission where you atack a convoy and 200 km south is a German task force, i send a report, works well and i have the return from BdU, good job, but nothings seems to happen, the task force,quite near, goes its way... ?

Has anyone ever seen something happening after having sent Contact Rapport ? Does this function work ?

Thanks, Jeff.

A single mission may not have the same AI reponses programmed as a campaign mission. Just a thought...

KodiakPA
07-30-05, 01:10 PM
I had a german destroyer 12,000 meters away in grip BF16 when I encountered a medium convoy in the campaing. I belive it was mid '40. I sent a contact report and waited and waited. Absoulutly nothing happened. No one came to help.

Nopileo
07-30-05, 01:15 PM
If I have understood it correctly: After you send a status report there is a certain chance that the Allies will send aircraft out to hunt you. And if you send a contact report there is a chance that the Germans will send aircraft to attack the convoy AND that the Allies will send aircraft to hunt you down.