PDA

View Full Version : Mk24 Torpedo.

blueparrott
07-27-05, 05:15 AM
I haven't seen any hint of it in the manual (sic) in here or anywhere else. And I haven't been playing the proper timeframe either.
Does anyone know if the Mk24 Torpedo "Fido" is modelled in the game.
I am guessing not, but you can always hope. :-)

msxyz
07-27-05, 05:32 AM
Nope, it is not. Sorry

SeaSlug_U999
07-27-05, 08:12 AM
Nope but I made myself an MK42 :) just dor the fun of it

(ZII, range 12500 at 65knots, max damage 350, min 250). You need one for most of the vessels, 2 for the BBs (under the keel, fuel tank and turrets).

After I played with it in a patrol I deleted it, coz it wasn't fun anymore, more like USS Enterprise firing photon torpedoes on an ancient roman trieme. :rotfl:

Zie Chuckinator
07-28-05, 10:51 AM
how about one of them Ruskie torps that are rumored to go at alike 250 kts cause they're in a bubble? try to model that!

big_feef
07-28-05, 01:44 PM
how about one of them Ruskie torps that are rumored to go at alike 250 kts cause they're in a bubble? try to model that!

Yeah, I hope they model the super-cavitating torpedoes the Russians and Germans (very new and they're trying to export it atm... even faster than the Russian 2nd gen super-cav torps) have in DW's expansion; that would be so cool! Blasting a sub/ship before they even knew what hit them; even cooler. :ping:

SeaSlug_U999
07-29-05, 03:50 AM
No big deal, just increase the torp speed (hex edit) to 250kts. Then you have to change the dial rande in the 'menu.cfg' (original range 0-60kts).

The thing is, it actually makes the game boring. You get 100% hit at a 5000m range if youre at 90 degrees AOB.

The whole beauty of this game is to sneak close to the target and wreak havoc. If the other ships had >100km detection radius and speeds in excess of 30kts, then yes, I'd love the cavitation bubble technology, it would give me a better chance to hit something.

Personally, I'd love to change the pattern searching torps (ie. add a new topr which is able to pattern search plus acoustic (someting like a LUT1+Falke). Since the Falke has a low sensitivity (and if the target does not run at 12kts or more, or it is not close enough to the target, it cannot acquire). Thus, you set it to search in a pattern in the target probability zone to increase it's chance to aquire the target.

big_feef
07-29-05, 10:48 AM
The thing is, it actually makes the game boring. You get 100% hit at a 5000m range if youre at 90 degrees AOB.

The whole beauty of this game is to sneak close to the target and wreak havoc. If the other ships had >100km detection radius and speeds in excess of 30kts, then yes, I'd love the cavitation bubble technology, it would give me a better chance to hit something.

That's why I want it for the Dangerous Waters expansion; I want to keep playing with WWII tech in SH3.