PDA

View Full Version : Crew manning bridge at 40m

akpraha
07-27-05, 12:31 AM
Ran into a rather interesting "feature"... was playing until late in the night, and saved a game while submerged. When I loaded the save today, SH3 decided that it needed to automatically man the bridge even though I was at a depth of over 40 m.

It's amazing how tired those seamen get standing watch underwater. :-)

Apocal
07-27-05, 01:38 AM
Heh, I've had something like that happen while sneaking into Plymouth... watch crew was out and about, while I was at 12 meters. I noticed them while raising my attack perisope. The funny part was when a DD caught me after taking a shot at a T2 tanker, it passed overhead, barely (must have been less than a foot away from the bridge and less than a meter above the hull) dropping DCs killing my exposed watch crew.

At first I thought I was going crazy, no more Mad Dog while playing SH3.

Elder-Pirate
07-27-05, 03:06 AM
no more Mad Dog while playing SH3.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rock:

viper771
07-29-05, 12:29 AM
Same happened to me too.. i was looking at the crew mag screen .. and saw i had a watch crew on deck.. funny... im 20 meters under water.. WTF???!?! I took some screen shots of it heheh

ShipperS7
07-29-05, 01:10 AM
Same happened to me too.. i was looking at the crew mag screen .. and saw i had a watch crew on deck.. funny... im 20 meters under water.. huh????!?! I took some screen shots of it heheh :rotfl: LOL can you send them to me?

basilio
07-29-05, 04:08 AM
I have this problem too (sometimes).
Playing the game with patch 1.4b
Wasn't this problem supposed to be addressed with the previous patches?

akpraha
07-29-05, 11:44 AM
Here's a screenshot:

http://www.volny.cz/andykey/SH3Img@24-7-2005_18.48.59_921.jpg

Godsongz
07-29-05, 12:39 PM
I have this problem too (sometimes).
Playing the game with patch 1.4b
Wasn't this problem supposed to be addressed with the previous patches?

It only happens when you load a game that was previously saved while submerged. It's done that since 1.0 and no patch has ever addressed it, buy it's certainly not the biggest bug we've got. Sure is funny to see though.

viper771
07-29-05, 12:56 PM
ill have to get some screen shots up. I need to find the sticky on how to do it.. they are funny hehe

Stymnus
07-29-05, 03:16 PM
Here's a screenshot:

At least he has his raincoat on. :)

viper771
07-29-05, 03:52 PM
maybe they are hunting for some fishes to eat ????? hehe

Hartmann
07-29-05, 04:51 PM
they are looking for whales or other sealife.
and are a tipe of uberdivers.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

could be useful for see for where the deph chargues are incoming

basilio
07-30-05, 08:25 AM
Here's a screenshot:

Sorry, but looking at your picture I noticed the the periscopes, or at least the attack one, seems to get a lot more "down" than mine, when not in use.
I'm using a IXB boat, and when the periscopes are fully down, and not in use, they are not as "retracted" as yours.
It seems to me that when not in use the top of my periscopes is at the same level of the heads of the bridge crew.
How could you do this?
Is there a mod to obtain it for type IX uboats?

Elder-Pirate
07-31-05, 01:17 AM
@basilio,

Its a different conning tower than you have I suspect.

When you are at port and resupplying your X1B sub look at the conning towers. one is the type that the scopes do not fully extend and the other ( 500 renown I think ? ) is like his in the pic.

:)

jmaisc
08-03-05, 08:01 AM
LOL, thats funny, I never got this under water, the best thing I watch similar to this was surfaced during a storn and on the bridge view I watch a big wave coming and cover all the watchman's. They didn't die but it was funny to see them using the binoculus and don't care about being underwater. Just like having a beer... :-j