PDA

View Full Version : A Kilo of Kilos

Bellman
07-24-05, 04:11 AM
Quote from DW thread- 'Dont bring a gun to a knife fight.'

I wrote :-
''I will settle for Kilo v Kilo in MP scenarios populated with seamounts/islands and Fish fish etc.
Would give a new meaning to 'knife-fights' ?''

Later :-
''OK the Kilo isnt designed for this sub v sub stuff but I thought it
might be fun to pitch Kilo v Kilo in a MP scenario with a little sneaking around seamounts and islands.
Called it a 'Kilo of Kilos' its 1 v 1 with some active AI subs lurking around too.

PM me or tell me where to stick it !'' ;)

Fish
07-24-05, 12:58 PM
Never made a Kilo vs Kilo map. But made two Kilo maps, one where a Kilo is spotted snorkeling near the coast and one where the Kilo is waiting for a other sub, which is tasked withe the recovey of a satellite. Both are not very popular yet. In this two maps the Kilo platform is fixed, the other subs are player choice.

Ula Jolly
07-24-05, 01:51 PM
Sounds very nifty! I was making a series of missions called Kilos and Pounds, so "Kilo of Kilos" stirred a bit of a reaction. :D
One could also make a different mission, with one improved Kilo and one standard, to check which Kilo would kill you first. :up:

Kapitan
07-24-05, 06:38 PM
only played kilo v akula i was to track and attack a chinease kilo in the gepard got real deep some times but the kilo lost :|\

Bellman
07-27-05, 07:24 AM
:) The scenario spawned into three, breeding like Mein Kapitains sheep. :roll:

Now I also have two MP multi platform scenarios. As people much more experienced than me know -
its not the design that is taxing but the thorough testing/running/trimming to check all is smooth. :yep:

Ah well it will take me away from my current obsession with avators - but after all it is the 'silly season' :zzz:

Hope to send them to Bill in about a week. :up:

Kapitan
07-27-05, 07:30 AM
its all good bellman keep working on it all :D :up:

Bellman
08-01-05, 10:29 AM
:D Its called 'S*ds Law' - just finalising some testing on a 'hide and seek' Kilo scenario round some islands
when bingo I stumbled on an interesting map zone populated with some seamounts.

Had search parties out now for weeks looking for the Prof's zones which produce/d much magic
- but its a 'lost world.' A Dutch Atlantis ? :yep:
This zone is not identical but it is similar in character.

I hope the combination of the Kilos stealth, lurking round the cover, pitting your skills against other Kilo divers,
all at pretty close range, will be fun. :up:

Thats enough blurb - sounds like a book cover. ;)

Kapitan
08-01-05, 11:14 AM
im looking for a special akula mission perhapse bellman you could think of one for me

Bellman
08-01-05, 11:34 AM
:) Guess its the storyline/plot you want and then you design the scenario right ? SP under ice ?

Kapitan
08-01-05, 11:39 AM
got it in one cheers bellman

Bellman
08-17-05, 11:19 AM
:) Finalising a Russian area ice chanel escape scenario so maybe I trade this for the proposed Falklands one. :lol:

Kapitan
08-17-05, 11:27 AM
maybe should be good