MaHuJa
07-21-05, 07:57 PM
Right now I'm running a customized database. Among the changes I've done is:

VLAD shallow is 400 feet
VLAD deep is 1200 feet
Added active intercept to difar shallow
Gave both DIFARs the 'feedback' flag
Removed max range from passive buoys

And I'm having a blast. Only 'problem' is that on the ffg, the difars feedback gives its data to the helo if it was the helo that dropped them.

(The feedback flag will continously give you updates without requiring you to mark anything.)

Suddenly difars has a purpose!

Other changes I've done:
Silence the subs a bit, since the speed vs sound fix added noise without removing any, making them too noisy.
Bring the harpoon up a bit on speed, and slightly lower its radar signature.
Upping SM-2 effectiveness from 75 to 85.
(Doctrine change) bring the skimmer missiles down to 20m rather than 50.

I have a couple things on the 'to do' list:
-Loosen dicass detection a bit. It's slightly too good as it is. This will probably have to be done through lowering the subs' "active SL" values.
-Try giving the difar deep both sensors, letting the shallow keep only the active intercept. (That way it can be seen if the target is pinging or not)
-Consider lowering sub noise another step. (Just have to avoid the finiteless effect.)
-Find out just how badly unbalanced things become. Add plane/helo spotting abilities to a shallow UUV?

Amizaur
07-25-05, 05:13 PM
Doesn't "feedback" enabled mean that the buoy will detect and show on map contacts even without any player action, I mean without detecting them on gram displays by player or his auto-crew ? They will just show on map without marking them manually ?

MaHuJa
07-28-05, 07:14 PM
That is exactly what it does.

I might cut its sensitivity a little bit if this ability proves too powerful as it is, but the usefulness of this (think "a reason to carry and use it") remains.

And as for active intercept, i believe it is a requirement in the first place - since nobody (or at least very few) wants to spend their time glued to the screen just in case the target pings - which subs are unlikely to do in the first place, and even more so with such a mod installed. And even then a player will be likely to miss it. (If it shows up in the first place.)