PDA

View Full Version : Stallion Lauch Notification?

SquidB
07-17-05, 06:17 PM
Is there not a notification of stallion lauch (which surely would be loud as hell?)

I can only remeber the TIW when the torps land, but would the launch noise show up on BB?

Any advice/screenys would be welcomed.

timmyg00
07-17-05, 08:08 PM
There's no crew report (yet) for missile transients. This is a topic that's been thoroughly discussed here ;)

TG

SquidB
07-18-05, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the reply, I guess I should of searched the forums. :ping:

Shame that its not currently implimented, hope it makes the next patch.

Ula Jolly
07-18-05, 04:31 PM
I once overheard a Tomahawk launch by accident, and it only lasted for a quick second or two. A too precise warning would be unrealistic.

SquidB
07-18-05, 04:33 PM
So can we confirm that launch transients are audible in BB?

Ramius
07-18-05, 05:26 PM
Yea they are, and visible too :up:

SquidB
07-19-05, 06:56 AM
Well thats good news then. So US sub drivers only need look for a trace in there BB display?

Has anyone got a screenie of it so we can see what to look for?

sonar732
07-19-05, 09:02 AM
Well thats good news then. So US sub drivers only need look for a trace in there BB display?

If the sonar operator or captain is A. close enough to the launch and B. just happens to be looking at the screen when the launch is done you will see the stallion launch. By the way, when I was a sonar operator we were required to report transients to the sonar supervisor, who in turn, relayed them to the OOD.

Here is the main topic discussion regarding transients. As you can tell, it was a heated issue for a little bit. It does have a screenshot of a stallion launch.

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=38117

SquidB
07-19-05, 12:23 PM
OK thanks for the heads up. Looks like another issue to be resolved. Rekon they should cut down the TIW report range and add a lauch report that has a further distance.

Just my 10p worth.

Anyway Ill leave it there as this has already been discussed.

Unless Jamie has a view?

Fish
07-19-05, 12:28 PM

EDIT: Sonar was there before me. :zzz:

Molon Labe
07-20-05, 11:52 AM

Only at extremely close ranges, in the form of a slightly increased NL from the sub. There is no unique transient noise, nor is there any loud BB noise from the weapon launch as there should be.

Ramius
07-20-05, 02:40 PM

Only at extremely close ranges, in the form of a slightly increased NL from the sub. There is no unique transient noise, nor is there any loud BB noise from the weapon launch as there should be.

Sorry but your WRONG :nope:

Bellman
07-21-05, 03:25 AM
Je suis un Rosbif mais......

Perhaps both of you are right - range is an important factor.

:lol: When I get that LAN - I will add a third oppinion.

Kapitan
07-21-05, 10:26 AM
im surprised in sure you can hear the outer doors opening if you can hear that then im dead certain a missile being fired can be heard :doh: