PDA

View Full Version : Crew qualities modification

August
07-16-05, 05:33 PM
I have found that you can take a crew_config.cfg file from one career and use it with a completely different career.

Today i tried taking the crew config file from my 1944, 28 patrol, IXC campaign and putting it into a 1939, 2 patrol, type II campaign.

The extra crewman all appeared in the crew management screen and although there were far more than the allowable limits of officers, petty officers and seamen, it worked with out a problem.

When i returned to base (the quick way) i dumped all the extra crew in the barracks screen and continued with the next mission. Now i have a type II boat with an elite crew in 1939. I think this campaign is going to be a good one!

Average Joe
07-16-05, 07:39 PM
August,

That's not a bad idea, thanks for mentioning it!

I may not want a fully-experienced crew at the start of a campaign, but it'd be nice to have 'some' crew experience.

Perhaps if starting a new campaign in 1941/1942, it seems I could load an old save-game from my last campaign (around early 1941) grab the 'crew_config.cfg' file from that save, then apply to the new campaign.

Average Joe
07-16-05, 08:02 PM
August,

That's not a bad idea, thanks for mentioning it!

I may not want a fully-experienced crew at the start of a campaign, but it'd be nice to have 'some' crew experience.

Perhaps if starting a new campaign in 1941/1942, it seems I could load an old save-game from my last campaign (around early 1941) grab the 'crew_config.cfg' file from that save, then apply to the new campaign.

August
07-16-05, 08:59 PM
When you start a campaign you're given what looks like an entire crew of untrained conscripts. I figure that at the start of the war at least the officers and POs should be fully qualified at their jobs given the amount of training they had received.

Experience should be low of course but i'd think they should have all the qualifications they need for their position on the boat, maybe a couple medals too.