PDA

View Full Version : SHIII Money Well Spent?

U-Cass
07-08-05, 05:28 AM
I for one am sick and tired of the community nit-picking SHIII. My question is have you had many hours of gaming pleasure for the £30 spent. I for one have and that includes having to buy a new machine to play it on (another £350 at cost).

Catfish
07-08-05, 05:30 AM
100 percent "Yes" - not bad
but then it's only one vote now :lol:
Greetings,
Catfish

Alyebard
07-08-05, 05:46 AM
100 % yes; because in Catalonia only cost 19 € :rotfl:

larsen
07-08-05, 05:49 AM
100% Yes, and I paid it 50 € (about $60 I guess).

U-Cass
07-08-05, 05:56 AM
1 person with a no and no comments :hmm:

capt_frank
07-08-05, 05:56 AM
100% you bet!

i even bought a game for my wife so she could share in the fun.

i've barely touched il2-FB since i installed this game and i was addicted to the il2 series..

pretty darn good stuff maynard! :up:

Tombomsee
07-08-05, 07:10 AM
100% yes, and i bought the US version plus freight and insurance though i am living in Germany (had some bad experience with the german versions of good games before, especially strategic sims).

Furthermore i am looking forward to spend even more money for the expansion !

Just a few € spent for lots of hours, days, weeks and (hopefully) years of playing such a marvellous game ! (Thanks to ubi for making it open for modders) AND THREE CHEERS FOR THE MODDING COMMUNITY !!!

Oh, and as soon as I find out how to make a donation, there will be some more € for subsim.com

OOPS, TDK1044 just solved my donation problem, thanks !

GrimKnight
07-08-05, 07:12 AM
100% yes, paid full price (around € 50).
The games is worth every cent IMO

Drebbel
07-08-05, 07:16 AM
This is like stepping into a bakery and asking "do you sell bread" :D

Seminole
07-08-05, 07:17 AM
The measely 40 bucks I spent on the title is of no consideration for me...even if I did not like the sim. As it turned out the sim is a bargain compared to some other titles I have purchased , messed around with for a day or two, then tossed aside forever.

AS far as community nit-picking......that doesn't bother me. That's the way problems are identified then mods, patches, possiblly even an expansion pack made to correct them.

Take the Il2 series. Over there,in that unmodable world, it is considered blasphemous to even realize there is a problem and mention it publicly. If one does.... the community goes absolutlety nuts and there is even one dopey moderator with a stock answer.....before the thread is locked...that you should learn programming and write your own code. :roll: ...write my own code?????...like I really cut my own lawn or change my own oil.....there are folks that have to do things like that in order to earn a living....sheeesh.

SHIII has been pretty much what I would guess is the vast majority of us hoped it would be. :up: :up: :up:

terrapin
07-08-05, 07:21 AM

LOL...indeed!

The Avon Lady
07-08-05, 07:51 AM
I always spend money well - too well. :roll:

A thank you to the devs for a job well done! :up:

MONOLITH
07-08-05, 08:02 AM
This sort of mentality exists in all games, not just SH3.

I personally never understood it, for the most part.

I can take any game I have, and that's quite a few, and find one or two major 'flaws' that I don't like. And these are major 'best seller' titles.

Yet, what they do have that makes them great, far outweighs the few flaws. I simply don't focus on the flaws, I work around them, and enjoy what the game does have.

I can never figure out why someone that buys any software, expects it to be absolutely flawless.

I think SH3 offers an incredible gaming experience for a large number of reasons, that certainly outweigh its problems. I would gladly pay the same money again for SH4, even if it came with the same flaws.

If we don't support the people that make these products for us, then one day we won't have any games to complain about.

grunf
07-08-05, 08:04 AM
100% well spent.

Looking forward to the addon (and/or sequel)

Duli
07-08-05, 08:04 AM
I agree with the posts above, SH3 is worth every penny.

ICBM
07-08-05, 09:40 AM
The Poll result says it all. :up:

Carcassonne
07-08-05, 09:43 AM
Let's see, I picked the game up on sale, just happend that way :up: ... I've easily spent more than 100 hours in game and I spent a tiny 30 dollar bill for it, um yeah, no doubt the value is there and the end is in no way close at hand :rock:

Maximus3070
07-08-05, 09:43 AM
It's worth it :yep: lol

Stormbringer
07-08-05, 10:46 AM
I thought it was worth the money straight out of the box. With all of the fantastic mods from the community, I'm getting far more than my money's worth out of it!

Catfish
07-08-05, 10:52 AM
Is that a fan club or what ??
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rock: :arrgh!:
Greetings,
Catfish

HundertzehnGustav
07-08-05, 11:06 AM
HELL YES
3 times YES

( i had trouble getting into it tho-being a plane lover)

those that enjoy it arent hangin around here whining. they are sailing.
those that whine a lot round here- obviously dont enjoy it.

Unheard voices of satisfied users still exist!! :up:

:rock:

cueceleches
07-08-05, 11:08 AM
I guess the poll results are saying it all for the moment: 53 vs. 1

Beery
07-08-05, 11:35 AM
I bought two copies, and yes, $60+ is still well worth what I got from the game.

BObB
07-08-05, 11:56 AM
Absolutely worth it!

R Hardman
07-08-05, 12:04 PM
:/\rlz: :/\rlz: :/\rlz:

Mongie
07-08-05, 12:19 PM
best money i have spent since buying Total Annilihation years ago

i could and will play this for years to come !!

Sailor Steve
07-08-05, 12:25 PM
Yes, there are problems. The designers have worked hard to fix them. Yes, there are still problems, and I wish there weren't. Yes, I've had complaints. Yes, I wish there were no problems.

And yes, I consider my money well spent, including the $900 for a computer that would run the game. I use the computer for other things as well, so even if it didn't work at all I can't complain too much, but SHIII is still giving me a great amount of fun and entertainment.

So my answer is a resounding YES!

Uber Gruber
07-08-05, 12:28 PM
Hi,

I'd just like to say bum.

BUM!

Thanks, bye.

Duncan Idaho
07-08-05, 12:40 PM
It's not perfect, but it's definitely one of the best games I ever owned, (That puts it up with the likes of Xwing, Descent, Star Trek Bridge Commander, Civilization, Master of Orion, Harpoon, the Jedi Knight and Mechwarrior series', Homeworld, and Flight Simulator, that's saying a ton right there!).

I paid 40$, and consider it a real bargain, as I fully expect to be playing this for many years.

And how about a big 'Hurrah!' for all the modders who've taken a great game and made it look even better, run even better, and fix a number of issues some have with the game. Ubi rocks for making it moddable, and the modders rock for stepping up to the plate. :D

JoachimV
07-08-05, 12:44 PM
uhm 95% yes and 4% no?
*turns to the crew* OK, Who of you guys stole that 1%!?
You there, with the zits!

PapaNours
07-08-05, 01:19 PM
100% Yes. Money well spent. I am playing this game since march :cool:
Compare it with the Blueshift expansion for HalfLife: I finished the game in 4 hours :o

Immacolata
07-08-05, 01:51 PM
I bash SH3 now, because I have spotted its many faults. But that does not change the many GREAT hours of excitement I have had with the game. It just is too shallow for me to carry on like I did with previous Sub sims. Or I am too jaded and prefer my dosage harder. I dunno. But SH3 is definitely worthy of your money and I would recommend it to anyone who expresses an interest in submarine games.

BladeHeart
07-08-05, 01:58 PM
Seldom have I came across a game that I played for as long as SH3.

gonzman
07-08-05, 01:59 PM
I'd say it was a pretty good buy, in my country new release games regardless of how crap they are doing overseas are between $90-99.

But i'd say with enough mods and possibly a few more patches, i'll have to say money very well spent.

I've got enough reservations about it at the moment.

DenRJ
07-08-05, 03:21 PM
hi,

I have never played a game as much as i play SH3.
The game is a resounding success.
Yes , money well spent;)

By the way , this forum is really a great place to hang out.

Thanks

jasonb885
07-08-05, 03:37 PM
I think so for the most part.

I rarely buy games. Before SH3 I had been playing Enemy Territory for years because it's good and free and runs on Linux!

FesterShinetop
07-08-05, 03:46 PM
Very well spent money I say! :up:
:rock:

AKULA_71
07-08-05, 04:27 PM
$40 US for the game itself.
$40 US for a good DVD-Rom to even play the game.
$4 for state sales tax....

All money well spent considering the SH2 disaster.

U-Cass
07-08-05, 05:33 PM
Well i am not suprised with the results so far. 87 votes and 4 with a no. But those 4 people haven't given a hint on why it is a no.
I agree the game still has flaws, all I know is when my next patrol comes along theres a bottle of wine a nice long cigarrette :know: and the waves rock :rock:
And for a few hours in the dwindling night i am in a U-Boat :sunny:

capnmike575
07-08-05, 06:12 PM
$40 for the game

$170 for more ram

$7 for notebooks for my KTB and crew records

$4 for a ruler set

$45!!! for a good stop watch (not digital ..tick...tick...tick)

$12 u-boat commanders handbook (a new one to replace one i lost)

$8 to print out the ship id book at staples.

i'm poor but happy :yep:

panthercules
07-08-05, 07:43 PM
100% you bet!

ii've barely touched il2-FB since i installed this game and i was addicted to the il2 series..

LOL - me too - I haven't flown a single mission in IL-2 since SH3 came out, even though I'd been playing IL-2 almost exclusively (other than a misguided diversion into SWG for a while) since it originally came out. The fact that IL-2 was waiting for its "next big patch" when SH3 came out made it easier to take a break from it for SH3, but the IL-2 patch has arrived and although I've downloaded the patch I still haven't been able to break away from SH3 to get back in the air (I will eventually - still love the IL-2 series, but I gotta finish my SH3 career first :) )

yankee-V
07-08-05, 08:19 PM
Absolutely best game investment in a long time. I paid what I assume is full price on the day of release here in the states, and have no complaints.

If anything, the devs have built is a great platform to expand and modify.

Lannes
07-08-05, 11:59 PM
I have not gotten this much value out of a game since the first Combat Mission game by Battlefront. I played that one, and it's two sequels for no telling how many hundreds of hours. Still do, as a matter of fact, when the mood strikes... :up:

The original Half-Life would also go into the "Gaming Value" Hall of Fame.

Deep-Six
07-09-05, 12:20 AM
I have spent:

$120 for mobo and proc

$59X2 for RAM

$60+ for video card

$20 for a new P/S

and $40 for SH3

Well worth it. :D

CCIP
07-09-05, 12:37 AM
I'm thinking of getting one more copy, but I'd have no use for it - plus I'd rather put that money for F4 allied force.

Oh, right, the main question.

Well, I can safely tell you that this is the most worthwhile $60CDN purchase I've made in my life, period. I don't think any other comment is even needed here.

snowsub
07-09-05, 01:05 AM
Yes, and Yes again. :rock:

Luckily those dumb theives who broke into my house yesterday didn't have any taste cause they left it, but they stole 3 dvds about U-boats I'd just bought the night before :down: :stare:

Hope karma pay's them a visit.

fo3
07-11-05, 08:16 AM
No, it cost AU$90 (US$70), had constant crashes, bugs galore etc, I hate star force on principle because it interfered with my PC setup, so I got rid of the game. Thats why I haven't posted here for ages, only dropped by to see if the game has improved (and by all bug reports for the 1.4b patch, it hasn't).
I respect what the developers accomplished when attempting such a big project, and had some good times in the game. Probably more due to the subject matter ("das Boot" and all that), rather than the game quality. Lets face it, if this game was in competition against another similarly themed game in the same genre, eg a AOTD or doom rip off, with we wouldn't put up with it's faults. It's only because there's no ww2 u boat sims out to compete against it that we love this game.

joea
07-11-05, 09:33 AM
No, it cost AU$90 (US$70), had constant crashes, bugs galore etc, I hate star force on principle because it interfered with my PC setup, so I got rid of the game. Thats why I haven't posted here for ages, only dropped by to see if the game has improved (and by all bug reports for the 1.4b patch, it hasn't).
I respect what the developers accomplished when attempting such a big project, and had some good times in the game. Probably more due to the subject matter ("das Boot" and all that), rather than the game quality. Lets face it, if this game was in competition against another similarly themed game in the same genre, eg a AOTD or doom rip off, with we wouldn't put up with it's faults. It's only because there's no ww2 u boat sims out to compete against it that we love this game.

Gee so many bugs. :roll: Comparing this to Doom are we? Plus lots of stuff that are an advance over AOTD. Anyway worth my money and then some.

fo3
07-11-05, 06:11 PM
way to miss the point, i'm not comparing it to any game, it doesn't have competition, that was my point.
I had constant CTD, so yes, that is buggy.

Treeburst155
07-11-05, 10:29 PM
I think SHIII is a great deal for $40. I just wish they would make a subsim that would be a great deal for, say $250. Now THAT would be a subsim.

Treeburst155 out.

elite_hunter_sh3
07-08-06, 10:20 PM
this is the oldest thread on the forum that is unlocked so BUMP hehehe

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :arrgh!: :arrgh!: :arrgh!: :arrgh!: :rotfl: :rotfl:

kiwi_2005
07-08-06, 10:27 PM
If SH3 was priced at $200 i still would of brought it.

NIGHTFIGHTER
07-08-06, 11:04 PM
As an ardent flight simmer it was a real jump to through myself into a sub sim, i had tryed SH2 and liked it, so when SH3 came out i had to have my computer upgraded and have XP installed that filks is my only whinge. The game it self is a pure winner, YES there has been problems, but thank god there are folks out there who are willing to listern to its public and try to correct them.....yes i love SH3.. but with an eye on future developments please remember the little guy who cant afford to upgrade with every new game.:up:

OS1Mac
07-08-06, 11:42 PM
Money very well spent!!! And all the mods for it by the outstanding modders here make it even better!

bigboywooly
07-09-06, 05:53 AM
Its the only game with the exception of Rome total War that has kept my interest for so long
And that is down to the excellant work of this community in making mods available
My game changes continually from month to month with something new coming along regulary
Take a bow all you modders:up:

mr chris
07-09-06, 07:51 AM
Very much money well spent, even though i had to buy a new computer to play it on which cost the earth. :o I had no idea how to mod a game before i found this game and website and all you wonderfull people. But slowly iam getting there but most of the stuff that you guys come up with for this game i have a nightmare trying to install.:damn: I guess iam just not very computer friendly:up: Even my wife thinks iam mad staying up to all hours playing away and trying to make the game as good as i can. :arrgh!:

evil_monkey
07-09-06, 03:34 PM
Simply considering the fact that UBI paid attention to what the consumers wanted in their next subsim, engaging in forums and what not, I vote yes. I prepaid as soon as subsim offered and was not dissapointed to learn I'd be waiting while they added the dynamic campaign.. bravo ubi. I just hope this trend may continue. And many thanks to Mr. Stevens for bringing this community together!! :up: So, money well spent?.. well I spent it twice.. since my daughter broke my first disk :oops: ...

Eichenlaub
07-10-06, 07:38 AM
I'm one of the many who voted yes.

Since CAOD there hasn't been a game like this. Sure, SHI and SHII were there but I never played part II and though part I was quite good, I personally have more interest in an Atlantic campaign than in a Pacific one.

When considering the four major subsims I have played (Silent Service II, Command - Aces of the Deep, Silent Hunter I and Silent Hunter III), I can't help but feel that the evolution curve is still a bit low. I mean that SSII didn't feel so different in gameplay from SHIII and there is still much to be gained in further developing gaming options for SHIV and SHV (I know there will be a V someday!:rock: ). Of course, I must admit that playing SHIII on a 1.1GHZ machine with 384mb RAM and a 64Mb video card is a rater paltry affair: generally, I must switch screens and give commands through hotkeys as my machine simply can't cope with giving commands through the 3d interface.

I do have some complaints about SHIII, especially in the replay value and mood of the war. There is little of both. All missions are almost the same, only the type of boat you're using dictates what happens. When the war is over, all you get is a message from BdU. BdU is remarkably quiet during the campaigns as well and there is little news from the war itself.

Once I get a new rig, I shall download some heavy duty mods and see what the game gives me then.

All in all, I generally like Ubisoft games, and I've done so ever since discovering this little gem called Iron Lord in the late eighties, on my Commodore 64. The games aren't perfect of course, but developers do try hard to make our experience worth it.

Kind regards,

Eichenlaub

SkvyWvr
07-10-06, 11:31 AM
Considering I got it for $10 US, I'd say it was well worth it.:smug:

Hylander_1314
07-10-06, 01:40 PM
Cost really doesn't matter, as long it is enjoyed. Keeps me from knockin' the "censored" out of some creep that needs it.

STEED
07-10-06, 01:42 PM
Well worth every penny. :rock: :rock:

Rosencrantz
07-10-06, 04:15 PM
Drebbel wrote:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

-RC-

mheil
07-11-06, 10:52 AM
Definetly - I spent $20 (U.S.) last january and it still feels like a new game to me!

Webchessie
12-02-07, 12:22 PM
Is SHIII worth it?

A big YES!!!

And it is worth a donation to Subsim for just hosting polls like these!

Big Paul
12-02-07, 12:47 PM
I paid £6.99! Worth every penny.

GWX on the other hand would be worth a lot lot more.

I paid £30 for 688I back in 97!

joea
12-02-07, 01:27 PM
Why the he** did you guys bump this ancient poll?? :88)

Sailor Steve
12-02-07, 02:05 PM
Agreed; this thing is a year-and-a-half old, and was started when SH3 was still new.

Jonathan
12-02-07, 02:39 PM
Seeing as how it cost me nothing, then yes, money very well spent with tons of value!

Nerazzurri
12-02-07, 04:44 PM
Agreed; this thing is a year-and-a-half old, and was started when SH3 was still new.

Me? I LOVE it!

OOPS! I've added to the people keeping this old thread active :up:

Come on you two - where's the harm in new members participating?

Spin Doctor
12-03-07, 12:17 PM

Me? I LOVE it!

Well, you know how old people are... All cranky and stuff...:lol:

SH3 is only 1 of three games in my gaiming history that NEVER left my harddrive.

I think that deserves a thread recap just to show how well it held up all these years. Most game forums this old are just dead and gone.

I think I'll send you guys some money this evening.

Sailor Steve
12-03-07, 06:08 PM

Me? I LOVE it!

SH3 is only 1 of three games in my gaiming history that NEVER left my harddrive.

I think that deserves a thread recap just to show how well it held up all these years. Most game forums this old are just dead and gone.

There's no harm in new members participating, but the point was lost that back in 2005 one guy wanted to know whether he should buy it or not.

Two years later everyone on the SH3 board knows that it's one of the great subsims of all time. What I don't understand is how people have the time to find things down on page two-hundred-whatever.

Nerazzurri
12-03-07, 06:23 PM

Me? I LOVE it!

There's no harm in new members participating, but the point was lost that back in 2005 one guy wanted to know whether he should buy it or not.

Two years later everyone on the SH3 board knows that it's one of the great subsims of all time. What I don't understand is how people have the time to find things down on page two-hundred-whatever.

Maybe we are all at cross-purposes here.

But regarding THIS thread I'm pretty clear.

It was started by someone who had clearly played the game for some time and was not considering whether he should buy it or not.

Where did he find the time? I don't know. But I do know WHY he could have found it - maybe he did a forum search, like new members/everyone is encouraged to do, seeing as the thread contains mentions of patches, videocards, etc.

I can't speak for people posting since me, but I never meant to offend/annoy yourself or anyone else. I just feel strongly about a new member, in my opinion (we've all got them LOL), getting flamed for posting about how much he likes the game that we all love.

Anyway.......no more. Peace and love, apart from to the merchants :arrgh!:

Sailor Steve
12-03-07, 06:50 PM
Well...Harrumph!!!

Maybe we are all at cross-purposes here.

But regarding THIS thread I'm pretty clear.

It was started by someone who had clearly played the game for some time and was not considering whether he should buy it or not.
Verliy, thou speakest the truth. Upon re-observing the first post, I see that you are indeed correct. Apologies from me.:sunny:

Where did he find the time? I don't know. But I do know WHY he could have found it - maybe he did a forum search, like new members/everyone is encouraged to do, seeing as the thread contains mentions of patches, videocards, etc.
Hmmm...could be.

I can't speak for people posting since me, but I never meant to offend/annoy yourself or anyone else. I just feel strongly about a new member, in my opinion (we've all got them LOL), getting flamed for posting about how much he likes the game that we all love.

Anyway.......no more. Peace and love, apart from to the merchants :arrgh!:
Speaking for myself, I was never offended. Annoyed, on the other hand...

It's probably because of the recent spate of dozens of ressurected ancient poll threads, which seemed to have been done for no other reason than to do it. Very annoying indeed.

Well, go in peace, my sons, and SINK 'EM ALL!!

sasquatch
12-03-07, 07:04 PM
It was worth $15 American Dollars (unused). I love it:rock:

kenijaru
12-03-07, 07:08 PM
HELL YES!!! and I'd even pay for it again if I had to!

Capt. Shark Bait
12-04-07, 07:19 AM
hell yeah, it's worth it:rock:

Steel_Tomb
12-04-07, 08:22 AM
I only paid £9 for SHIII!!!! It was in the "2 for £15 or £9.99 each" deal in GAME...well worth every penny!

flakmonkey
12-04-07, 08:29 AM
100% worth it, + now you can pick up a new copy for £1-2 so cheaper than a sandwich.

Iron Budokan
12-04-07, 02:00 PM
Money well spent?

Betcha.:up:

kiwi_2005
12-05-07, 03:37 AM
The only bad thing to come out of SH3 is the Starforce protection. I just reinstall SH3 to get it ready as i want to try GWX 2 when shes out :). But i can't get SH3 to run in Vista i had no problems before with Vista running the game, and this is a reformated drive with a clean install of Vista. I know whats stuffing it up is the SF protection as soon as i restart after install and thats after i install the SF Vista update patch, the red light on my PC hasn't stopped running.

SF is total sht, more and more developers are leaving it out cause of the problems, Ubisoft should bring out one more patch for SH3 that wipes the SF protection.

Back to SH4

BootsmanBoof
12-05-07, 04:39 AM
I got it for AU$20. As cheap as chips! Best money I ever spent on a game/sim.

There is something to be said for waiting to get a PC in your thirties. All the good but older games are very cheap (platinum or whatever), most likely excellent mods are complete and patches are finalized.

I was a Rome Total War + mods junkie for 18 months....until I picked up SHIII and discovered GWX. I haven't played RTW since :D

Turm
12-05-07, 06:23 PM
SH3 is one of the best value-for-money games I've ever owned. Ordered it on/around release day for only £17.99 - cheaper than most new games, presumably because it wasn't expected to sell quite as well as all the shooters and other mainstream games.

Of all my games, it's the one I always come back to for a long period even after a time away with other games. Normally I only return to old games for a brief time before I'm bored again, but with SH3 I often return and play it for a long time. Partly because it takes such a long time to play through :D You don't get instant results; you only find satisfaction after a long effort that's played (usually) over several real-life days. And I like that. It's better than any instant gratification game.

Kpt. Lehmann
12-05-07, 06:41 PM
Great! Here we go with the damn polls again! :nope: :nope: :nope:

YAY! :stare: :88)

STEED
12-05-07, 07:13 PM
Great! Here we go with the damn polls again! :nope: :nope: :nope:

YAY! :stare: :88)

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/RS42/machine_gun_cat.gif

Take that you fecking poll, and you too fecker, and that fecking poll over there as well.

bookworm_020
12-05-07, 09:10 PM
Nice one STEED!:up:

Good Value? Too Right!!!:yep::yep: It got me back into Sub sims after a long time without!

Castout
12-06-07, 03:50 AM
I'm totally suprosed that there's no expansion for this sim.

SHIV is a complete failure.

Sailor Steve
12-08-07, 12:10 PM
Not at all. Many people are playing and enjoying it.

Tool
12-08-07, 01:32 PM
This sim, along with Falcon 4.0 are 2 of the greatest sims every produced. Both have a huge following and mod teams that are constantly improving on it. I currently fly Open Falcon 4.5 mod for F4, with the 56th VFS, that is incredible given the game "engine" is from 1998. The modders and the jobs they do, for free, can't be complimented on enough. There will always be people who you can never please, but such is life. If they don't like it, they can uninstall and move along, as only the true diehards need apply.:cool:

Tool.

Jimbuna
12-08-07, 04:23 PM

As already stated, both sub sims have their individual and joint supporters. I currently prefer SH3/GWX :lol: ....but I also own SHIV :arrgh!:
http://www.itsnature.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfmoon.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd320/pasquarade/wolf-38.gif

joea
12-08-07, 07:16 PM

Oh bull**** this is the sort of crap that has driven a wedge between our communities. :down: Clearly right now GWX is the top supermod, but there is a lot of great stuff for SHIV out there and some talented modders in both camps! :up:

Kpt. Lehmann
12-12-07, 02:02 AM
Easy there Joea.

Eye of the beholder.;)

There are those out there that think that GWX is the worst thing to ever happen to the community.

There are even those that feel U-boat modders have no place in the SH4 mods workshop and would like to see the two 'camps' segregated later... even though the two could benefit each other and make leaps and bounds once they are in the same room...

The 'camps' are an invention created by jealous and angry people and have nothing to do with the improvement of submarine simulations... in ANY ocean or genre.

Nothing we can do will change some opinions... or misplaced outlooks on life.

The environment is going to change and the two will meet in the middle. Just give it time. Those that cannot adapt will scream bloody murder and then leave.

You'll see. You've just got to be a little patient and know that the right thing will happen.

To quote a friend, "SH4 is about to be a modder's heaven."

Trust me.:yep:

Just give it time.

Nothing can stop logical evolution.

... Just as we can't stop these bloody POLLS!!! :damn: LMAO!!!:doh:

She-Wolf
12-12-07, 05:44 AM
If I had paid £50 ( in fact I paid less than half that price) for SH3 it would not have been too much, and then GWX, for free (!) gives such an enhanced game , it is worth every penny, whatever the full price might be. It stopped me playing my other long-time favourite of many years which is Egosoft's space sim, X-series. I just wish I had enough time to enjoy them both.

I paid the full price for SH4, but really have not got into that yet - too busy with SH3!
Brilliant game, whatever your level of player skills, that is what I think - I just wish the Kiel canal was not so loooonnngggg.

danlisa
12-12-07, 05:47 AM
....I just wish the Kiel canal was not so loooonnngggg.

LOL, it's shorter than the other route.:rotfl:

Again - I ask for a time limit to polls. This one has been nerco's twice now.:x

Jimbuna
12-12-07, 01:21 PM
Easy there Joea.

Eye of the beholder.;)

There are those out there that think that GWX is the worst thing to ever happen to the community.

There are even those that feel U-boat modders have no place in the SH4 mods workshop and would like to see the two 'camps' segregated later... even though the two could benefit each other and make leaps and bounds once they are in the same room...

The 'camps' are an invention created by jealous and angry people and have nothing to do with the improvement of submarine simulations... in ANY ocean or genre.

Nothing we can do will change some opinions... or misplaced outlooks on life.

The environment is going to change and the two will meet in the middle. Just give it time. Those that cannot adapt will scream bloody murder and then leave.

You'll see. You've just got to be a little patient and know that the right thing will happen.

To quote a friend, "SH4 is about to be a modder's heaven."

Trust me.:yep:

Just give it time.

Nothing can stop logical evolution.

... Just as we can't stop these bloody POLLS!!! :damn: LMAO!!!:doh:

I reckon a lot more will be screaming "bloody awesome" :lol:

http://www.itsnature.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfmoon.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd320/pasquarade/wolf-38.gif

NeonSamurai
12-13-07, 06:15 PM
Hmm another thread raised from the grave.. <gets out the holy water, crucifix and stake>. Back to the land of the dead with you! <splashes the thread with holy water>