PDA

View Full Version : Subsim's 'Bugs still present after 1.4b patch' thread

Teemu
07-08-05, 07:25 AM
It seems one can keep electric torpedoes in the external stores. This was not sensible, because sea water would ruin the batteries. Only steam powered ones were kept in the external stores.

Paul Roberts
07-08-05, 08:22 AM
Quick question:

Is the torpedo speed setting bug still in effect? That is, can you set the speed on torp #1, then go to torp #2 with a different speed, and then discover that torp #1 has reverted?

Sorry if that's not clear. It's an old bug.

Drebbel
07-08-05, 11:08 AM
Quick question:

Is the torpedo speed setting bug still in effect? That is, can you set the speed on torp #1, then go to torp #2 with a different speed, and then discover that torp #1 has reverted?

IIRC this was adressed in patch 1.4b, please correct me if I am wrong.

jasonb885
07-08-05, 12:52 PM
Here's an oldie but a goodie. I never experienced this one before the 1.4 patch but I read other people say that they did. I just got a CTD on clicking a crew management shortcut button. In this case I clicked on "submerged cruise mode" in a lazy effort to empty out my torpedo rooms. Before the patch, I could do this at will and never got a CTD.

Oddly enough I have been using those buttons with reckless abandon in v1.4b and have never had a crash. In 1.0 -> 1.2 it always crashed for me eventually. It could be I'm just very fortunate.

jasonb885
07-08-05, 01:04 PM
Here's one:

But the sinking wasn't registered! I looked at Captain's Log; only shows 1 Coastal Merchant and 1 C3 sunk. Sent Status Report, looked at messages log - same thing. After returning to Wilhelmshafen, Patrol Report again showed only one Coastal Merchant and one C3 sunk.

Yes, I just had that happen to me after spending a real life hour deck gunning a T2 to death after a torpedo hit with RuB1.42.

Never got credit. Before that day I thought the credit-bug was an urban legend. Sadly I was wrong.

Strelich
07-08-05, 01:34 PM
Hello,

To my recollection, there have been only two threads about this since the game's release, neither of which had any solutions to them. (Actually, most of the replies were of people confused as to what was actually being described, though if I remember one person posted an animated GIF showing what was going on.) In a nutshell, the interior lights (the caged lights on the ceiling and on the walls in the sonar room) would blink on and off in the Type 9 submarines at regular intervals, around once every three seconds.

For a while, I had this problem, then it disappeared until last week. After believing it to be a mod, I reinstalled SH3 with just the 1.4b patch, and it still happened. It occurred to me that I hadn't deleted the SH3 directory where the save games and preferences are.

After lots of trial and error, I finally found out that, strangely enough, it was the 'particle density' setting in the video settings which was causing it. I had set it to 85 a few weeks ago and had continued another career in other sub types. Only this week did I realize the odd behavior was back.

Interestingly enough, if I set the slider to 0 (and restarting the game), the lights in the control room don't come on at all, and the lights elsewhere stay on. The ambient light remains.

Anyhow, I'm hoping to get a few screenshots and perhaps a Fraps movie that better explains what's visually going on. It is likely a rare problem (given only two people in my memory has posted about it, not to mention it only happens in one submarine type) and I can't remember the key search phrase as to make it easily findable on the website.

So, I guess it's a bug that can be replicated, but also can be solved by leaving the particle slider bar at 100. I have an ATI Radeon 9800 and am running windows XP on an Athlon XP 2200. My Catalyst version is 5.6, but this problem has happened back using 1.2, using the Catalyst 5.3 drivers in early April, I'd assume. I've also tested it on an Athlon XP 3400 with a Radeon 9600XT with the same results, using Catalyst 5.4.

Even though the bug (or rather, odd graphical glitch) can be avoided, this is an answer to the two other people who ran into it months ago, assuming they're still around and/or experiencing it.

I suppose it's not that annoying, though at night it's like the boat is on 'red alert' with the blinking. :)

GrayWolf3rdXO
07-08-05, 02:43 PM
I acualy think the only bugs I got are the crew not going to wher they are suposed to along with the comander plus the saved bug.

Agin they came up with the 1.3 and still continue. Cept now not only does the comander stay in bed my enegin crew do not go in to the coraspwnding enegins on dive/surface

meaning lesss I do it my self my sub wont go. Nore if my game crashes and I saved befor it happend my carear is over having to start all over agin :(

Taurondin
07-08-05, 03:36 PM
Quick question:

IIRC this was adressed in patch 1.4b, please correct me if I am wrong.

Drebbel, yes they`ve fixed the running speed & range for T2 electrics to 3000m @ 30kts - but I think this is a different old quirk.

If you switch from say a T1 Steamers in Tube 1 to a T2 Electric in Tube 2 - you have to click on the speed selector switch in F6 before firing (even though only `Slow` is available for electrics) - otherwide the TDC uses the wrong speed leading to a miss.

You can see the predicted torpedo path move, even though the switch itself doesn`t. Silly niggle. Mind you, so is having default settings of 4metre depth and magnetic which is an odd combination :88)

Drebbel
07-08-05, 03:51 PM
You really sure this bug is still there. Test in the past (including me), and comments by people who should know, seem to indicate the bug has been fixed.

Jungman
07-08-05, 10:38 PM
Working with testing for Elainba (dev) the T-2 is actually 28 knots @ 3km. Not 30 knots @ 3km.

Tested in game. Only the better T-3 go at 30 knots.

Your T-2 may come up short, it is to similate the old crappy early cold battery powered models of the electric eel.

07-10-05, 09:02 AM
Here is a bug that did smash me this game forever.
after so much patches it's still there. :down:
well done ubi :damn:

It's about saved games.
i'll tell you this story cos that better for me to explain.

So i re-installed the game after smashing it for the first time.
with this new shiny 1.4b patch. :88) and this real sub mod. I hope it will be all nice and cool.
I start a carreer and buy stuff for my sub and leave port with 700 re-own points.
Along the way i get bombed by aircrafts, and had to repair everything.
all right i'm pretty heavy demaged but i can submerge to pretty deep.
Well after playing for a while i had to quiet so i SAVE while being at 30 meters depth :hmm:

Next day i load it up from this point and i see my ship going creazy and see everyone dying onboard. I sink. WTF???
This made me really frustrating. almost ready to smash this game.

Okey so then i load up my very first save which is the begin of my career in the harbor.
Cool my re-own is 700 and my stuff is lost. WTF?

SMASH!!!! :stare:

I can't beliefe that this bug isn't fixed.

Drebbel
07-10-05, 09:10 AM
Never leave you sub submerged or while underattack.

Stay on your post !

:D

07-10-05, 11:05 AM
Never leave you sub submerged or while underattack.

Stay on your post !

:D
:rotfl: :rotfl:
good one :up:

GrayWolf3rdXO
07-11-05, 12:15 PM
Only prob I got with the save thing is I cant contuine after I leave. I have to start the mission all over agin dam saved game thing.

cappy70
07-14-05, 10:30 AM
Hi..

First things first: I have no mods at all installed.

77.72 drivers on my 6800 Ultra and 2 gig PQI 3200 ram mem, AMD 64 bit 3400.(I have a very "clean system", no icons hanging around, my Startup is clean from background programs, only NVcpl 'on' there.
In Services besides Microsoft services I have only Nvidia display driver running )

I play a lot of games and the only game during these last months of playing SH3 + a lot of other games , SH3 is the only one that produces a CTD, very randomly I should say.

Now, after I installed the 1.4b patch I suddenly get, instead of a CTD, a reset of the whole system. I've played SH3 about 7 days straight now and this ROS ( Reset of System :rotfl: ) has happened 2 times out of maybe 10 hours+ playtime. It's not much, but it does happen and it's only, I say again, with SH3 I get this.

I've tried to nail down in what enviroment/gameplay this crash happens, but I've haven't got that far (yet). Well,,the last ROS happened during cruise back to base at time-compression, that I remember :up:
I've checked my graphic card temps., card running at 56 - 60 C just after playing, CPU at 32 C and mobo at 28, so no major overheating there.

CCIP
07-14-05, 11:50 AM
U-Flak (Turm IV) is broken :(

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=40208

jason210
07-14-05, 01:03 PM
Seems to me like quite a few things are broken with the new patch.

Eg.

* Radio messages receieved are bugged

* My U-boat is not damaged by collisions with ships easily

* Crew management screen:
- Pressing one of the sailing mode buttons causes CTD.
- Crew don't always respond when being moved around (eg double clicking on flak gun, or trying to make the rest.
- etc

tycho102
07-14-05, 04:10 PM
77.72 drivers on my 6800 Ultra and 2 gig PQI 3200 ram mem, AMD 64 bit 3400.

I have a similar system and I get the hard-lockups just like you do. I also get savefile corruption (not too often, but enough to make me save like I was playing a RPG), forcing me to revert to earlier saves. I use the "high performance" setting, and turn on all the optimizations. I also use a bunch of the texture mods.

What has been working for me, consistently, is exiting out of the game every hour. I check my watch when I start up a game, or I look at the task manager's record of CPU time, and I just exit out of the game and start it right back up. I've actually been able to complete several patrols with the expectation of being able to complete them. This single tactic has made the game playable for me.

I watercool my video card, and I find that letting the card warmup for a little while, on the menu screen, makes a lot of difference on the lockup issue. If I just go straight into a save game, it'll usually lockup as soon as the control room loads; if I let it warm up for 5 minutes, the game is less prone to lockup. Keeping vsync on also helps me out with other bugs that I've reported.

GrayWolf3rdXO
07-15-05, 01:42 PM
The crashes happen to me once in a while and thats why the Saved bug is screwing me up It should be listed to be fixed as well.

Stavinsky
07-18-05, 03:46 AM
Here is my comprehensive list of BAD IX-D2 bugs. All but number 1 is CONFIRMED to still be present after patch 1.4b

IX-D2 Problems still here after 1.4b:

1) Flashing Torpedo/WEapons screen (I havent confrimed this yet after 1.4) Oh and this happened to me with 1.3 at random...even if I only drug one torp at a time.

Same here, i'm actualy working on the pattern search to
find what's make the torpedo loading screen start to flicker.

If it was only flickering it would just be annoying. But
when it start to flicker if you try to drag and drop
a torpedo from outside storage to inside
you get stuck torpedo.
So first you have the torpedo disappearing, and then
the slot get not the grey "loading" torpedo image
but a broken full grey image and it you can't access
the slot anymore.

If you save the mission and reload the full game the
trouble don't get corrected. Even sometimes when
you get back in the harbour and finish the mission
you get the "stuck" torpedo slot in the torpedo choosing
interface.

There you can correct the trouble by reloading the game
fully and the torpedoes are unstuck.

I'm still seeking what could cause the effect
but actualy it appear at random. But it doesn't need
a lot of effort to appear as i get it almost every time i
transfer more than 2 torpedoes from outside slot
to inside slot.

Athlon 2800
Asus motherboard
1GB Memory
Asus FX - 256MB

GrayWolf3rd
07-18-05, 01:03 PM
I have seen that on mine but seemed to have gone away with 1.4 then agin I only played 1 and a half missions 4 if you include 1.3

jumpy
07-18-05, 02:33 PM
I don't know if this is a bug; new or old, but here it is anyway-
after a formatting my pc a couple of weeks back, I reinstalled SH3 and the latest patch. Loaded tha game up, went to naval academy 2nd torpedo exam and fired all my fish currently in my forward tubes. The forward torpedo room was manned and 'green' and the loadout page showed tubes as red (loading/awaiting loading). My number 3 tube was being reloaded first, with 00.45.00 on the clock 'till completion. For the next hour or so of gametime the torpedo progress bar didn't shift an inch. I'm fairly sure this is not a case of user error :roll: it just didn't work. Fortunately my previous launches had secured enough hits to complete the 'primary' objectives of the mission, leaving me with an average score to pass out with.

agedofempires
07-20-05, 07:42 AM
Here is a bug that did smash me this game forever.
after so much patches it's still there. :down:
well done ubi :damn:

It's about saved games.
i'll tell you this story cos that better for me to explain.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I can't beliefe that this bug isn't fixed.

My question is additional to the one above.
Why is there a possibillity to save your game halfway a mission when this 'save' kicks you out of the game -v1.4- the moment you try to re-load it ?
I have been kicked out of SH3 several times, but after having doubled my RAM (1024mb) and graphic card as well (256mb) it was solved. Why am I bothered so much by a game (Aces of the Deep) I was fond of long time ago.
Here is the irritating and I suppose well-known (Dutch) message I've got three times in a row:

http://members.home.nl/gahm/publicatie/SHfout.jpg Yes 2019, this is :damn:

darkdrone
07-22-05, 08:16 AM
this is really pissing me off mid 43 one of my officers disapears, it says there's 5 but there's only 4 shown in the crew screen happens on VII/IXC subs no mods other than graphics 1.4b useless patch

sys specs
P4 3G
1G DDR400 dual channel ram
Leadtek 6600GT agp
2x80gig HDD 7200

:arrgh!: :arrgh!: :arrgh!: :arrgh!:

Jeffisaie
07-22-05, 12:57 PM
The Speed gauge that lies in comand room stays at around 10 knot even if i go faster, i am talking about the seep gauge that lies in the F2 room an that you can see when you click right on Chief Ingenior, the one you can click on to set a speed. The one in 3D model.

By the way, we cannot set to 40 degrees with rudder in XXI type using the icone lower-right side, wich is only graduated till 35 degs.

Am using Athlon 1,7 Ghz, 512 MO RAM, ATI RADEON 9500.

Jeffisaie
07-22-05, 01:24 PM
I was sailing at periscope depth, and there was a merchant around, and asked the sonar dude to "track nearest contact". He kept me very well informed.

I fired a couple of torpedoes at the target, but because estimating target course (at 1500 meters range) at night is kind of difficult they all missed.

When the merchant got closer it looked like she was unarmed. So I decided to surface and attack her with my deck gun.

But after surfacing the sonar dude kept updating me about the merchant position ! Seems like a buglet to me, because when I asked him to "report on nearest contact" he replied "no sound contact" !

Seems that after a mute SO we now have one that never stops babbling. Only after the target was destroyed the SO stopped reporting :-?

I have the same thing that hapened few times.
And i also noticed that Sonarman follow the contact at for example 89 deg Port while you are using the Hydrophone in another direction, so you can both have him follow a contact and you to listen all around.

SabreHawk
07-23-05, 10:01 AM
Hehe, ehhh yup, you do have to remember to shut him up before surfacing by ordering him to just do "normal sweep". Actually I dont have him follow a contact like that unless im trying to track down a ship(s) in heavy fog or a storm. For this, he is very, very useful in fact I dont think I could have found them without him. :yep:
But once I have a visual I stop him from updating me cause, well,.........I dont need him to at that point, I know exactly where the ship is. But up to that point it sure is nice to have him constantly telling me the ships bearing, so I know exactly where to look in the periscope so I can get a visual as soon as it's possible to. :smug:

Jeffisaie
07-25-05, 02:17 AM
It seems the IXD2 has the same fuel quantity than IXC yet in the book it says he should have about twice more range of fuel.... ?

I use the IXD2 for the first time this morning and has the same grid, 9000 km away, but still will not have enough fuel if i dont go slow speed for long range travelling, i checked this point with NA crew man.

Would we ever be able to dive faster or slower with a next patch ... N

Jeffisaie
07-25-05, 07:26 AM
There is a little error that has two ways to appear :

If i attack a target at a range of 600 m for exemple, he is stopped, i set speed at 0 for him, i'm stopped too.

Then i just set the right range and speed in the TDC, and in this case, the AOB will not affect the result.

So now, i click for manual bearing entering, (green light on TDC computer) and i look at the result in F6 map, attack map.

So now, i turn arround dragging the bearing gauge, and see that it draws a green line turning aroud the ship, showing the way torpedoe will go its way, but

1 - the line is not at the right range
2 - the time is not good.

For im sure, it should turn in circle, nearly 3 quarters of a circle around the boat, from 120 port to 120 starb or about, and the time should be constant, for i set a target 600m from periscope and the result on attack map, when turning the bearing, should be a circle of 600m.
The time should be constant.
This is not the case, and if you attack the target at range 1000m, 90 ° Port, the lengh of the line and time to get there is no the same than at 90° starb.

There is a mistake with this and it can be important point as i used the attack map to solve certain points about my solution, specially because i have a mod that replace the Uboat by some graduated circles at 100m, 200m, ... 1500m, graduated by 360°, so even on attack map, i will see where it should impact.

But the green line has not the right lengh and neither is the time correct, that is sometimes it can impact at 42 secs while it was calculated 21 sec, and this is not your fault, so to speek.

Thanks for taking this in account.

JF.
ATHLON 1700, ATI RADEON 9500, 512MB RAM.

Jeffisaie
07-26-05, 04:48 AM
I have flas with the IXD2,the frst time i notice this, perhaps the only sub with wich it hapens, in all case for me it happened with this one :

Flash screen on I key screen, and canno treolad external tubes.

ATHLON 1400, 512MB RAM, ATI RADEON 9500[/img]

Jeffisaie
07-26-05, 11:32 PM
The SO crew man still is active when hydrophone is broken ... telling contacts.

He's active too when i'm turning myself the hydrophone.

And i notice that battery charge is endless on XXI type and very very long in lasts percents, perhaps one entire day to get few higher at the very end of battery charge ; but it never stops charging ...

And also nice work all Dev team cause i'm on the mission editor that i find really great, also the way you made the campaign, all that i say is nothing much cause it's maybe awesome work to do this game ...

But please ear me when i ask you to add steep dive, or maybe manual controlof dive and raise in a next patch,... plz.

Bye. Jeff.

jason210
07-28-05, 06:36 AM
Don't know how long this has been around or if it's been mentioned before, but on the 7c at least, the battery never completely runs out. It goes halfway into the red and stays there, and this seems to run the boat at 2 knots perpetually.

GrayWolf3rd
08-08-05, 01:35 AM
77.72 drivers on my 6800 Ultra and 2 gig PQI 3200 ram mem, AMD 64 bit 3400.

I have a similar system and I get the hard-lockups just like you do. I also get savefile corruption (not too often, but enough to make me save like I was playing a RPG), forcing me to revert to earlier saves. I use the "high performance" setting, and turn on all the optimizations. I also use a bunch of the texture mods.

What has been working for me, consistently, is exiting out of the game every hour. I check my watch when I start up a game, or I look at the task manager's record of CPU time, and I just exit out of the game and start it right back up. I've actually been able to complete several patrols with the expectation of being able to complete them. This single tactic has made the game playable for me.

I watercool my video card, and I find that letting the card warmup for a little while, on the menu screen, makes a lot of difference on the lockup issue. If I just go straight into a save game, it'll usually lockup as soon as the control room loads; if I let it warm up for 5 minutes, the game is less prone to lockup. Keeping vsync on also helps me out with other bugs that I've reported.

? to this post In every since of the word how the hell are you able to run your saved games after exiting the crear you know save/exit and still beable to use um? I got Dead and have to use the one inport seemes that even after it was completed it was still liseted as dead and totaly unusable.

Either way This needs to be addressed ASAP!

Ula Jolly
08-08-05, 04:26 AM
This has probably been mentioned, but you can still hear sound contacts through landmass. :-j

Suttu
08-16-05, 04:46 AM
One more bug to report:
IXD2-class sub is stuck in a sub pen in Bordeaux (12th flotilla base) harbor.

GrayWolf3rdXO
08-16-05, 05:41 AM
I uninstaled 3 to 4 times still the same cant ued saved games.

Rhodes
08-21-05, 10:11 AM
Hello,I'm new here,but I think that this is a bug of the 1.04b. I was in patrol,near Gibraltar, and when the year turn to 1942( it was not a very good new year party because "we" didin't saw any ship to attack,and my u-boat was low on drinks...), and when it was day,I went to see my weapons management and SURPRISE: :o 4 acoustic torpedos G5u-type V I think were in the reserves and 1 in the tube 3. :o
Possibly a milk cow or what? :hmm:
When I'm in the base, in the "torpedo menu" insted of having the type 3 to load, I have the type 5, witch apper much latter. Bug or xmas before time??? :roll: :o :huh:

Rhodes
08-22-05, 05:51 AM
Just to apologize for the mistake above. This thread is for the bugs still present,not any bugs that happend in the game.

GrayWolf3rdXO
08-22-05, 09:42 AM
Save bug was in 1.3 as well.

1.2 was good though Im strongly thingking of goin back to it or at least not patch at all.

GrayWolf3rdXO
08-29-05, 11:29 AM
I sugest reinstaling the whole game and use 1.1 till the saved game and what ever bugs ther are need fixin.

I am using 1.1 or what ever and got no problems what so ever.

My men go to staions on submerg and surface excluding the wach officer, when diving he leavs the tower as he should but resrfucing you need to readd him. No big deal least you dont have to move intier crew to move.

Also when exiting the game all files are reloadable for contiuation of all missions you wish to use unlike 1.3 to 1.4.

All in all no complaints except the fact none of thes are fixed ore made worse, like the fackt you need to move evry person from deaaile to bataries between divin and serfacin or you dont move. And also notbein able to continue any mission you saved befor exiting game.

:damn:

Detritus
08-30-05, 07:43 AM
What the hell is happening with my torpedos? Currently at January, 1943 and about to leave for patrol. Select the loadout of mostly T1's, some T3's,a couple of FaT's and the rest T2's.Head out to the sea and all of the sudden almost all the torps are T3's, a couple of T1's and no FaT's. I tried reloading through 'In base after/before mission' several times with same results. I really am not happy with this.

GrayWolf3rdXO
08-30-05, 11:34 AM
Hmmm I aint noticed that in 1.1 or 1.2 cause I made it to the 1940s since 1.3 im lucky if i get at least 2 monts in casue of the saved game thing.

WolfyBrandon
08-31-05, 10:30 PM
When I have my crew man the Deck Gun, then Alt Tab out of the game, and then go back into it they look like this...

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/4023/alttab3xl.th.jpg (http://img313.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alttab3xl.jpg)

Windows XP Pro
Geforce FX 5200 256mb
Realtek AC'97 Audio Onboard Sound
1 Gig of Rosewell Ram
Direct X 9.0c

Wolfy

Drebbel
09-01-05, 01:31 AM
When I have my crew man the Deck Gun, then Alt Tab out of the game, and then go back into it they look like this...

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/4023/alttab3xl.th.jpg (http://img313.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alttab3xl.jpg)

Windows XP Pro
Geforce FX 5200 256mb
Realtek AC'97 Audio Onboard Sound
1 Gig of Rosewell Ram
Direct X 9.0c

Wolfy

That a videocard problem, seen it with my old one as well.

But what where you thinking anyway.

A good captain never will leave his post when crew is at battlestations ! :arrgh!:

devastat
09-10-05, 08:56 AM
Is there still going to be a 1.5 patch?

GrayWolf3rdXO
09-11-05, 08:15 AM
Ther beter be cause Im tiered of not being able to play it other then 1.0 and 1.1

gdogghenrikson
09-11-05, 09:29 AM
Is there still going to be a 1.5 patch? I thought there was going to be no more patches! 1.5 would be nice though.

snitzel
09-13-05, 06:55 AM
I hope this has not been mentioned earlier:

Sound Operator does not find targets right in front of the ship!

I pressed F9 to go and wake him up. And what did I see him do: he was rotating the wheel, skipping the section in the aft (where the hydrophone is not supposed to work) but he also skips about 20 degrees section in the front!

So I made a simple single player mission to test more. In all uboats I tested (IIa,IId,VII,VIIc, from different years), the Sound operator skips the wheel from 350->010, and does not find ships in that sector. When "following nearest ship", he seems to be able to track target there, but he regularly loses contacts.

Shin
09-18-05, 02:45 AM
Sound Operator does not find targets right in front of the ship!

I pressed F9 to go and wake him up. And what did I see him do: he was rotating the wheel, skipping the section in the aft (where the hydrophone is not supposed to work) but he also skips about 20 degrees section in the front!

The sound operator cannot hear ships in front of or behind the Uboat, due to the sensors/listening devices being positioned on the sides of the uboat... This generally works for you as well when dealing with warships, as there listening devices/ hydrophones crap out behind their ships wake.

Issues Ive been having...

CTD's very frequently once my carreer gets into the mid 1940's.
Somewhat solved by saving regularly while on patrol (saves clear memory?)

Radio message transfer to a new base (while on patrol) did not populate the map with the base (this particular save crashed twice, eventually I got through it, but had to auto port to dock as the base was not allied to germany yet :/

While under time compression the attack popup (1.4) can stall the game/ cause sound hangs / CTD, again I have only started seeing this on my mid 1940 campaign.

Noticed that neutral ships in an allied convoy will attempt to avoid a collision with the Uboat even though the boat clearly shows not detected.

Moving crew from the deck gun to the observation deck can cause the crew to dissapear until another crew is placed on the obd then they repopulate.

UZO all but useless without the no UZO particle mod.

Crew under time compression dont appear to fatigue properly, crew at no time compression under normal conditions within 20-30 mins will suffer heavy fatigue.

On occasion the map textures/tdc textures while in the command room will glitch.

Brief system specs:

amd 3500 64
nvidia 6800 gt gs
xp pro sp 2
2 gig o ram corsair ecc/ull

wetwarev7
10-17-05, 09:41 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the hydrophone has too many degrees, i.e., around bearing zero, it goes 359, 360, 000, 001.

It should have either 360 OR 000, not both. :hmm:

Redwine
11-14-05, 03:26 PM
I do not know if it was mentioned before, i dont take alook over all 6 pages.

When you enter in the control room of the Type XXI, on the firewall at left, there is a battery instrument.

This instrument is a bettery level instrument and works as it, but the background of this instrument is the background of a CO2 instrument.

SKurj
11-19-05, 12:52 PM
[quote]

Crew under time compression dont appear to fatigue properly, crew at no time compression under normal conditions within 20-30 mins will suffer heavy fatigue.

Not a bug... at any TC over 32 fatigue levels are frozen. How are you going to manage crew fatigue at even 256 TC ... too much mouse fatigue...

Just encountered two Neutral Tankers, a T3 and a small, damn US... I hadn't noticed any screws overhead sounds before so I was testing the sound settings to see if I could hear the tankers. I was never surfaced, and I had the scope down prior to coming within 5000m of the pair. I do not have the 'stealth meter' enabled so I cannot confirm if I was detected though prior to my crossing their path the ships had not made any motions indicating that I had been detected.

I crossed their path at 25m within 2-300m of the lead tanker (I could see the hull underwater) The T3 managed to come to a complete stop in that space (even though I had already completely crossed its path by this time. By eyeball it looked like there would have been some space between the tanker and my boat had the tanker passed overhead.

In convoys I have passed under merchants no problem with them taking no notice of me even after hitting my conning tower.

So yeah collision model is off abit... but I did hear the screws this time, (music turned completely off)

SKurj

Mikkow
11-29-05, 02:05 PM
The background sound loop (using the real uboat mod compilation at the moment but I think I experienced the same before) will, with time, alt tabs etc start to play several loops at the same time, not just one.

In other words, I can hear like three sneezes in sequence, and everything is so amplified. It sounds like an absurdly busy boat with tons of people running around talking, sneezing and doing tings all the time. The sound eventually overwhelms the sonar listening station and is very irritating, doesn't dissappear no matter what you do.

I will try to play without alt-tabbing a single time and see if such things help.

Drebbel
12-18-05, 03:05 PM
Unstickied after being blackmailed by Gizzmoe !

Gizzmoe
12-18-05, 03:06 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Perseus
05-23-08, 07:03 PM
I am not a happy man.

November 4, 1939. U-25 has managed to down 2 Black Swans of a convoy. With them out of the way, U-25 manages to sink a Southampton Class cruiser.

And an ore carrier, and a medium cargo (though that was, errr, 'collateral damage').

So the tubes & stores are empty, die Jungs are drinking their promised half bottle of beer - but they are tired, so I decide to rotate 'em and click... the 'Submerged cruise button'.

...don't think I have to explain what happened...

Not just annoying but also VERY odd. I had downloaded patch 1.4b, was playing older version of GWX, and never had the bug problem again.

But tonight uninstalled it all, reinstalled, patched to 1.4b, installed GWX 2.0 and 2.1 -- and suddenly the bug is back!

So I guess it's back to moving the Jungs around individually - I know they love the attention - but still... Why hasn't anyone isolated and exterminated this bug yet?

FIREWALL
05-23-08, 07:09 PM
Since no one has been to this thread since 2005 I got curious.

Did you have a ctd ?

Murr44
05-24-08, 06:03 AM
It's my understanding that the GWX team tried to get rid the bug but were unable to. There's a section in the 2.1 manual warning players not to use the crew configuration screen as it most like will cause a CTD. I never experienced one using stock (with the 1.4b patch) but I don't want to tempt fate so I move my people around manually.

Perseus
05-24-08, 03:38 PM
Welp, I don't know what the GWX-guys did, or which SH3-version they used as a basis to build their mod upon, but whatever version it is: the bug's back...!

Madox58
05-24-08, 03:50 PM
:roll:
The Bug never left.
:nope:
Some get it, some never do.
I have NEVER suffered from it.
Don't ask me why, I just don't.

Murr44
05-24-08, 04:37 PM
Welp, I don't know what the GWX-guys did, or which SH3-version they used as a basis to build their mod upon, but whatever version it is: the bug's back...!

As I said before, they (the GWX team) tried but weren't able to fix that bug. The original developers are at fault for not addressing it...

KarlSteiner
04-02-17, 10:20 AM
Hi
I am wondering that nobody had aknowleged the greatest bug in SH III:

If you will set a path for a boat between the gate of an U-boat net (150m), the boat sailed in the sim of the the mission-editor correctly.

But in the real game the waypoints arent set correct.
The effort is that the boat crashes.

Also you can see that the Bismarck in Bergen Port starting the next day is not to be seen!

In cause of this MEGABUG many scenery-data of our modders are lost. And the boats arent present.

est regards

Karl Steiner :Kaleun_Salute:

P.S.:
OVER AND OUT

KarlSteiner
05-09-17, 03:52 PM
Hi Kaleuns,

I am looking for a working link to the The 24-hour of Fahnenbohn
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=216753

The file in the post is no more present.

Maybe someone has this clock.

Best regards

Karl:Kaleun_Cheers: