PDA

View Full Version : During Silent Hunter III the game Reboots PC? (RESOLVED)

Herr_Phil
08-02-05, 02:02 AM
I was having a serious problem with the rebooting not only in SHIII, but I was able to get to the bottom of it in the end, it turned out to be something incredibly different then I had suspected.

Anyway, what you have to do to figure out what is wrong:

Go into settings -> control panel -> administrative tools -> event logger

Click on the system on the left and you'll see a history of all the errors on your machine. Scroll down until you see an "informaiton" with the added part "minidump" on it. Double click on it to see the details. There will be a number followed by a parentheses (it's in hex) the number you want is the one preceeding the parenthesses

Take this number and go to the website
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

There will be a listing of stop codes. Find the code and read what it says. It turned out for me that my RAM had several errors on it that I only detected through a memtest program
http://memtest86.com/

I removed the defective RAM and now I haven't had a problem since, but I have to go get some RAM :P Good luck with your difficulties. A lot of what I read on the subject on the windows forums is also related to heat in a computer as well as old drivers conflicting with new ones.

chrisy
09-06-05, 12:49 PM
I had a virus on my pc the other day and had to completly reboot my system.
when i reinstalled sh3 it kept crashing and going windows report
whenever i tryed to start a game.it would crash while loading a miision or whatever in initalizing screen.

it ran fine befor my reboot :x

i have got it running now by doing one simple thing.
goto control panel and open perfomance & maintenece/system, open the advanced tab and serlect performance settings,open the next advanced tab and click change virtual memory, selected costom size and set both boxs to the recermended, mine is 766mb.

this worked for me dont ask me why though but the game runs fin now and dosnt crash! :up:

Shin
09-21-05, 05:43 PM
If your running onboard sound, be sure to check your mobo manufacturer for the drivers they recommend (as well as bios related patches), this is especially true for realtek ac97 which has half a dozen reference boards out there, not all the realtek drivers will function properly. Also the realtek 6xx series uses auto sensing plug in's for your surround sound, be sure to run "sound effect" and confirm that it has detected the audio output device you use (ie. your speaker config), else you may have an issue. Beyond this, be sure that any modded sound fx meet the appropriate spec's, some of the 44khz stereo noises dont buffer properly using onboard, and cause memory to leak over time... (this is a game issue not a HW issue). I believe SB audigy's have this issue as well.

bert8for3
12-23-05, 09:01 AM
Hi to all, am new here, just started playing SHIII. Just wanted to say tks for this sticky, as I had ctd/reboot problem, but found the troubleshooting sticky and this thread in particular which sounded very similar to my problem, updated my audio drivers and everything now aok. Tks to posters and mods for great forum. :up:

Crown
04-09-06, 09:05 AM
Take this number and go to the website
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

my game crashes to the desktop after playing about 1-30 minutes.
the error code says: 0xc0000005 but i cant find that code on those page.

specs:

amd athlon 1.66ghz
geforce 6600gt 128
1.0gb ram
windows xp pro