PDA

View Full Version : *** Silent Hunter III FAQ ***

Floater
08-03-05, 09:02 AM
Just glanced through the FAQ again, and I'm confused. A couple of times, you say that Ctrl + left-click on the map will centre the map where you click, but on my install it always centres the map on the boat. What gives?

Drebbel
08-03-05, 01:19 PM
Just glanced through the FAQ again, and I'm confused. A couple of times, you say that Ctrl + left-click on the map will centre the map where you click, but on my install it always centres the map on the boat. What gives?

That is correct, you are right. I should rephrase it.

How about: "will shift the map so the uboat is at that position on the screen"

Or does someone have a better suggestion ?

Floater
08-03-05, 07:45 PM
I think that phrase is fine. Wherever you do a Ctrl+Left-Click, that's where your boat ends up being drawn.

Helps particularly when you've gone to another view, moved the mouse off the screen to hide it, and later gone back to the map and watched it scrolling .... :o

WARHEAD1
10-02-05, 11:54 AM
Just found this today ...it'sGREAT...Got alot of good stuff... Thanks all... :D

Dead Mans Hand
10-07-05, 11:46 AM
Just started playing, was a big fan of SHII, anyways I found myself in a peculiar scenario today. I took four bloody torpedos to sink a merchant vessel. That's only two less than what hit the Oklahoma (Or was it the Arizona.) The placement was not bad of the first two one it midships, one about four meters closer forward towards the bow both from port. The next one from my aft tubes straight up the prop from behind her keel, and finally another one in the midship on starboard.

Is this a bug or is it that touchy about placement?

Drebbel
12-18-05, 03:07 PM
People smart enought now. So lets unstickie this one

:arrgh!:

Paajtor
12-18-05, 03:46 PM
Ok....bookmarked, lol. :lol:

donw
12-18-05, 04:30 PM
People smart enought now. So lets unstickie this one

You sure about that Drebbel?? :-j

Posted: 18 Dec 2005 13:56
i sometimes recieve radio messages, but i am unable to figure out how to read them.

Camaero
12-19-05, 04:57 AM
Kinda surprised a thread like this isn't considered worth keeping stickied.

I must have used it a million times by now! :yep:

Marhkimov
12-19-05, 04:59 AM
Yeah, I would've left this thread stickied.

And for future references, shouldn't part of the "sticky" criteria be determined by the amount of views?

Gizzmoe
12-19-05, 05:39 AM
And for future references, shouldn't part of the "sticky" criteria be determined by the amount of views?

Yes, but it´s not necessarily the most important criteria. Some threads should be sticky "forever", some only for a certain period of time. Their importance is the most deciding factor.

Paajtor
12-19-05, 09:01 AM
BUMP :rock:

SteamWake
12-19-05, 10:24 AM
Yea, frankly dont think its a good idea to let this one sink in the forums.

Soon the game will hit the bargin bins and there will be a whole new influx of "I cant see through the periscope !" and RTFM's.

01-13-06, 12:54 PM
Please re-stick it. 'People are smart now' indeed, but the topic contains a number of very useful links.

Drebbel
01-13-06, 02:23 PM
Since these FAQ are abandoned I would vote against making them a sticky, but --->

In case someone wants to take over and keep these FAQ up-to-date then please contact me (http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=369).

Paajtor
01-13-06, 02:55 PM
Make an archive-section, maybe?

Kpt. Lehmann
04-09-06, 12:56 AM
I thought this might need a BUMP!!! :ping:

It covers quite a few old SH3 bugs that seem to still come up these days.

Drebbel
04-09-06, 01:02 AM

Yep, too bad no one cares enough about SHIII to keep these FAQ up to date :cry:

Kpt. Lehmann
04-09-06, 01:08 AM

Yep, too bad no one cares enough about SHIII to keep these FAQ up to date :cry:

True.

If there was more of me to go around I'd do it myself. Many of the bugs listed above are being attributed to new modding projects and painting things in a bad way.

Drebbel
06-29-06, 05:24 AM
Just wondering what happened to the FAQ. I know it was abandoned, but now it has disappeared completely ?!?!?!

Luckily the Archived FAQ is still there :lol:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB_archive1/viewtopic.php?t=30533

sergbuto
06-29-06, 07:19 AM
Yes, nowdays, one needs to think twice before starting to play a sticky-unsticky-bumpity game. :lol:

Platapus
03-30-07, 12:49 PM
posted: 18 Dec 2005 13:56
[quote=nappy]i sometimes recieve radio messages, but i am unable to figure out how to read them.

Raises hand :oops:

When I came back to SH3 after a long long break, I had this problem also. I really thought I would go to the radio room in the sub for my messages. Silly me:nope:

There are no stupid questions, only players like me so any FAQ is a lifesaver!

misha1967
03-31-07, 01:37 PM
Just wondering what happened to the FAQ. I know it was abandoned, but now it has disappeared completely ?!?!?!

Great! Except for one thing: Why on Earth is it displaying with a Japanese character set?

sth128
04-27-07, 02:50 AM

Great! Except for one thing: Why on Earth is it displaying with a Japanese character set?Oh, because it's in Japanese. You see, despite the fact that Japanese intelligence never cracked all the US code throughout WWII, the encryption has been public knowledge for quite some time...

Ahem, ignore me, I'm completely nuts. Nevertheless, from my limited understanding of Kenji (I don't really read nor speak Japanese), the first link presented has the description "English version"... However that link just points to this thread, and thus we are trapped in an unending loop of u-boat lunacy!!!

WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!! DOOMED!!!

Ok serious now :damn::rotfl::ping:

If you look to section 3 (where there's a big number 3, which I assume also means three in Japanese) it says "tactics" (ok it says some stuff in Japanese but again, the Kenji part says tactics), the second link points to a site with some helpful tips on how to navigate, attack, and even teaches you how to use the hydrophone to play "spin the bottle"...

NeonSamurai
05-21-07, 10:10 AM
Gona unsticky this one since it doesnt seem to contain anything worth having a sticky for that i see :)