PDA

View Full Version : Lobby Etiquette

lesrae
03-23-19, 02:40 AM
A couple of questions...

I'm not much of an online player but keen to give it a try here - I'm more interested in driving the boat than fighting it btw.

Do we just assume that if a lobby is public then we're welcome to join in?

Is there a diary/calendar site/add-on/app that can be used to schedule games? Thinking further on this, is a shared google calendar (such as https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=b28ydnMxdWRnM3F0NTZzMDg5M251Nmc0cmNAZ 3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ) enough or is there something better that could be done in the forums?

For instance I'm free weekend early mornings GMT/UTC for a pair of hours but rather than start a thread asking for players or just joining in, is there a central place to look for games or advertise availability?

Cheers

ExFishermanBob
03-23-19, 08:42 AM
As it is a Steam game, it might be worth using steam 'friends' in some way, validating people via their presence on SubSim.

There is also a calendar, I now realise, on SubSim. That could be used (seems to only have birthdays at the moment).

On steam I am as here: ExFishermanBob (well, I am now!).

RushTheBus
03-24-19, 08:44 AM
A couple of questions...

I'm not much of an online player but keen to give it a try here - I'm more interested in driving the boat than fighting it btw.

Do we just assume that if a lobby is public then we're welcome to join in?

Is there a diary/calendar site/add-on/app that can be used to schedule games? Thinking further on this, is a shared google calendar (such as https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=b28ydnMxdWRnM3F0NTZzMDg5M251Nmc0cmNAZ 3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ) enough or is there something better that could be done in the forums?

For instance I'm free weekend early mornings GMT/UTC for a pair of hours but rather than start a thread asking for players or just joining in, is there a central place to look for games or advertise availability?

Cheers

I think your best bet is to download Discord (www.discord.com) and hop on the official Wolfpack channel (linked in a thread above). There is tons of great conversation / help and plenty of pick-up games. Organized events are just starting to emerge amongst the community!