PDA

View Full Version : what do I need to play

stoppro
03-20-19, 08:46 AM
I never have done multiplayer.Please bear with me. I know I need discord. do I have to have headset with mic ? Keyboard seems slow way to give orders.Sorry I know not the first thing. stepby step would be helpful. thanks

RoloIrrompible
03-20-19, 09:53 AM
Don't worry. Seems complicated but it's not.

First install Discord and search for the Wolfpack channel on it (you will recognise it easy has it have the Woflpack logo).

There you will find a lot of people willing to play, news about the sim and channels in different languages so you can use these channels to talk with your sub crew.

YES, is waaayyy better for play & inmersion to have a mic/headset with it.
Typing can be very frustrating when things got dangerous in the sea :) and believe me... they will :)

Then, you can click in the game the FIND SERVER option or you'll see already servers opened with people onboard the sub. It's very intuitive.
TAKE into account that FIRST you will enter a sub, and typing in your keyboard you can ask the crew in they are using discord or ask for a link on it to join the channel they are using.

So... join and be happy!

stoppro
03-20-19, 10:05 AM
thanks for reply. any special settings for the computer to setup head phones and mic? I have a set somewhere.

RoloIrrompible
03-20-19, 12:00 PM
You need to go to audio settings (an option that appears when you right-click the icon of the "speaker" at the bottom of your screen) and change your sound output preference to the Headphones & mic and that's it.

Discord is pretty intuitive. In my case, I didn't need to do any configuration in Discord to talk to other :)

stoppro
03-20-19, 12:19 PM
great!. headphones be here tomorrow and I will go at it.

RoloIrrompible
03-20-19, 04:07 PM
great!. headphones be here tomorrow and I will go at it.

Good luck and don't hesitate telling me if you need more help.

stoppro
03-20-19, 06:05 PM
Ok install discord - find the wolf pack logo. when do i fire up the game. can it be done on discord or start game then o on discord.This is the problem I can't them to work together.I am doing something backasswards.

Onkel Neal
03-20-19, 06:49 PM
First, I would be using the Discord app. I started with the link above and ran Discord in my browser but my guys told me the app was better. The image below shows where to get the Windows app (https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us)

Now, once you are in the Discord Wolfpack main channel, simply line up some guys to play with. You can then get in one of the English voice chat rooms and and get their Steam names so you can easily Invite them to your Lobby in Wolfpack.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1203&pictureid=10235

Now all you have to do go to Steam and start Wolfpack, make a private lobby and Invite them in, then pick the roles and start the game. Let me help if I can, find me in Discord and I will join you. I am in the voice English Draufgänger channel, Stoppro

My Steam name is... yes, it is Subsim :shucks:

stoppro
03-21-19, 07:01 AM
Ok so I am leaving discord and steam open while Istart the game? Ill be on friday thanks for helping me.

Onkel Neal
03-21-19, 09:24 AM
Yes sir, add me as a Steam friend too

stoppro
03-21-19, 02:18 PM
of course- thanks again!

stoppro
03-22-19, 06:15 PM
in setting up discord am i using my server or friends sever.

stoppro
03-22-19, 07:12 PM
I don't how to get on the wolfpack channel .Frustration very high . i'm out.get me some bots. I'll be back

stoppro
03-22-19, 08:42 PM
I'm back- I got in using the link neal has at the top of the page. But how to get to the steam page? i'm still working at it and the game won't launch from there for some reason. least i got the headphones and mic to work. that was a chore all by itself.I have never done any of this syke stull. hell I don't even have a smartphone.

Onkel Neal
03-25-19, 01:31 PM
Haha I know what you mean, I will be on the discord in about 4 hours, ping me. I'll talk you through it

Onkel Neal
03-25-19, 08:04 PM
All right, that was great, stoppro. I learned a few tricks from you :Kaleun_Applaud:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1203&pictureid=10241

stoppro
03-25-19, 08:13 PM
I think it was the other way around -got I few things figured out thanks