PDA

View Full Version : Tis My Sad Duty.......

cdrsubron7
02-07-19, 03:24 AM
Tis my sad duty to announce the passing of a great friend and a contributor to SH4. He worked on FOTRSU for awhile and was the creator of TMO wtw (with training wheels). He had just had heart surgery and was recovering when he passed away two days ago very suddenly.

His handle here at Subsim was Florida Sailor, aka Dave Grayson. He was a good husband and he was a great man, I'm also happy to say that he was my friend. :yep:

RIP, Dave. You shall be sorely missed. :salute:

u crank
02-07-19, 06:15 AM
Sad news. RIP Dave.

Ashikaga
02-07-19, 07:30 AM
Sad to hear.

My condolences.

KaleunMarco
02-07-19, 09:22 AM
Tis my sad duty to announce the passing of a great friend and a contributor to SH4. He worked on FOTRSU for awhile and was the creator of TMO wtw (with training wheels). He had just had heart surgery and was recovering when he passed away two days ago very suddenly.

His handle here at Subsim was Florida Sailor, aka Dave Grayson. He was a good husband and he was a great man, I'm also happy to say that he was my friend. :yep:

RIP, old friend.
:Kaleun_Salute:
https://i.ibb.co/7VYyfXR/5f07764255dd3a3005b98ca61393a410.jpg

Jeff-Groves
02-07-19, 10:13 AM
Sad news.
:cry:

RIP Mate.

Aktungbby
02-07-19, 10:59 AM
You're acting freaking childish that's all. You may be a great modder - and I personally always speak the best about your work - but part of you acts like a spoilt 5 year old kid. And you're not alone.

There I said it - I am sure many here share my opinion but are too politically correct to actually say it :cool:
Sorry sir, but you are out of line and I have to call you on this one. This guy has done for FREE what we all paid UBI $50.00+ to do. Out of a sense of responsibility, well deserved pride, or the goodness of his heart he has given us a playable game that I am rapidly falling in love with. It is all due to his hard work and the sacirfice of his family time.

Ducimus can stay, go, whatever and we have no right to criticize his choices. Our chioce should be, and mine certainly is, is to thank him for his efforts and wish him well. I RECALL FROM MY LURKING DAYS; HE WAS A STRAIGHTFORWARD VERY COOL HEAD IN A :subsim: HEATED DEBATE; HE WILL BE MISSED:Kaleun_Salute:

fred8615
02-07-19, 03:21 PM
So sad to hear this. RIP. :Kaleun_Salute:

fireftr18
02-07-19, 04:00 PM
Florida Sailor, may you have smooth seas and the wind at your back for your eternal patrol.

propbeanie
02-07-19, 04:12 PM
Wow cdrsubron7... sad. Prayers for the family. He is missed. Fair breeze and following seas... :salute:

Armistead
02-07-19, 08:41 PM
He was a such a help for me when I first joined the Ubi community. Time sure does fly... RIP Dave

Mork_417
02-07-19, 10:26 PM
Rest in peace mate. :Kaleun_Salute:

Sailor Steve
02-08-19, 04:30 AM
I wasn't familiar with him at all, but he obviously influenced more than a few people here. I'm sorry for his passing, and those of you who knew him well have my best wishes.

torpedobait
02-08-19, 04:49 AM
Rest in Peace, Sir.

Front Runner
02-08-19, 07:48 AM
Sir, you will be missed.

TheGreatElector
02-08-19, 10:35 PM
Sorry for your lost bro. RIP David. :Kaleun_Salute:

Jonesy
02-09-19, 06:03 AM
sad to hear it, my thoughts are with his family and friends.

merc4ulfate
02-09-19, 07:39 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l41YsxKKVYnucStag/giphy.gif

Kal_Maximus_U669
02-13-19, 02:24 PM
I did not know him .... but I salute him for all the work he has done on this site. Rest in peace Dave ....

fire-fox
02-13-19, 04:38 PM

Fair well comrade, and my your patrol area be for ever busy.

Jeffg
02-13-19, 06:57 PM
Very sad to hear that one of our own who loved this sim is gone from us.I wish his family my prayers and I know his work will be here for a very long time. Rest in Peace and strong winds in your sails.

JeffG

KaleunMarco
02-20-19, 11:01 PM
hey shipmates,

i just saw a FB post that art anker passed away. i suspect that is aanker who has contributed here. can one of the Subsim members confirm this? i would hate to publicize someone's early demise. i PM'd Onkel Neal but have not heard back yet.

propbeanie
02-21-19, 10:44 AM
aanker: No longer with us (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2592328#post2592328) - 'Tis a sad time for us all... :salute:

Alstack
02-21-19, 11:57 AM
Fair winds and following seas. :Kaleun_Salute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZk1n9C070s

KaleunMarco
02-21-19, 08:47 PM
aanker: No longer with us (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2592328#post2592328) - 'Tis a sad time for us all... :salute:
thanks. i missed it because i do not normally peruse the general topics forum.

Armistead
02-21-19, 09:30 PM
"Triumphing over Death, and Chance, and thee O Time"

RIP Aanker

Webster
02-24-19, 11:51 AM

this is very sad news

Onkel Neal
02-24-19, 05:12 PM
Sorry to hear this,
Neal

Rockin Robbins
03-28-19, 10:49 AM
I'm sorry to say I missed this item about the passing of an old friend. I'll never forget Dave Grayson for the help he gave me two years ago when I foolishly took up the task of making Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition. And before that he freely gave me permission to host TMO with Training Wheels on Subsim, as before it was only available at the Ubi SH4 forum, which is sometimes hanging on by a thread.

Dave's concept of making a supermod accessible to beginners is a major inspiration to the mod that torments me: FOTRSU, and today, following Dave Grayson's guiding principle, we have decided to use the stock NavMap as default and let the more experienced players install a plugin mod to use the TMO black dots and no ship information scheme in FOTRSU.

So Dave continues to inspire us. I extend heartfelt condolences to his family and sincere apologies for missing this announcement of Dave's passing.