PDA

View Full Version : Dialog box triggered by a contact

Greystone
12-10-18, 05:24 PM
There's a rather large dark shaded dialog box that opens up when a contact is discovered in which the player is given a choice of 3 responses:

Engage Target
Maintain Current Orders
Dive to Periscope Depth

...along with a box to check for "Set as Default Action"

Clicking on any of the 3 choices makes the dialog box disappear w/out a chance to click on the default action checkbox.
Clicking the default action checkbox first allows the dialog box to remain open so the player can indicate which of the 3 actions is preferred for their default action.

However, clicking on the "Set as Default Action" checkbox and then choosing one of the 3 choices does not result in that choice being set as the default action; ie, the next time a contact is made, the box shows up again, and continues to show up contact after contact regardless of the player's indicated default action.

After the umpteenth time, it gets to be a bit of a pain; it's a lame addition to the game and I suspect a lot of players just want it to go away. Any suggestions?

stork100
12-10-18, 05:55 PM
Sure, easy: Data/Cfg/GameplaySettings.cfg. At the bottom see:

[MiscSettings]
AlwaysAutotargeting=0,0,0,0,0;for warships, merchants, uboats, air and land targets

Re-number the zeros for the default actions:

1 = Maintain current orders.
2 = Engage target.
3 = Periscope Depth.

I'm not 100% sure about the last two, but you get the idea. I have everything set to '1', which prevents the window from ever appearing or any new orders being issued.

Greystone
12-10-18, 07:47 PM
What a relief; thank you, stork100... It's nice to chip away at all the little bummers that undermine the game.

stork100
12-10-18, 08:20 PM
Indeed. I just wish that time compression could be stopped when a friendly or neutral unit was spotted, like in SH3. Takes some of the fun out of identification. To the best of my knowledge a fix has never been found.

KaleunMarco
12-10-18, 08:51 PM
Indeed. I just wish that time compression could be stopped when a friendly or neutral unit was spotted, like in SH3. Takes some of the fun out of identification. To the best of my knowledge a fix has never been found.
be careful for what you wish for, mate.....:salute:
i have put stars next to the one where enemy contact is involved.
good luck.

Main.cfg in data/cfg folder
[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=64
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=128;1
AirEnemyDetected=1 *************
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=64 ***************
RadioReport=64
Particles=64
PrayState=64 ******************
HunterState=64 **************
3DRender=64
Maximum=2048

Greystone
12-10-18, 09:01 PM
stork100: I wasn't aware that that was the case with SH4. I can live with it, but still, it'd make things a bit more immersive if there were a fix...

stork100
12-10-18, 11:03 PM
Interesting settings Mark. EnemyDetected=64 eh? Should spice it up a bit. :D