PDA

View Full Version : Conflicting orders/assignments

Mspot
10-02-18, 05:54 AM
2004-campaign

So, I just completed the mission in Spitsbergen (eliminate Spetsnaz commandos landing by way of submarine). My new mission orders are to pick up SEALs at Holy Loch and deliver them to Archangelsk. I "race" to Holy Loch, off-load stores, load SEALs then "race" towards Archangelsk. En route, just before crossing the SOSUS net beteen the Barents Sea and the Norwegian Sea, I get a "interruption" screen alerting me to Russian air superiority. As I click through the prompts, I am now ordered to stop Spetsnaz commandos en route to Andoya, Norway -- which I am off the coast of. Okay, fine, I guess. But now what? I have the SEALs aboard. I have not been ordered to return them. Do I keep them aboard and continue to Archangelsk; do I race to take the SEALs back to Holy Loch, and then continue back to Andoya (a judgment call on my part, I know) in order to intercept the enemy submarines delivering Spetsnaz within the next week/7-days; or do I keep them onboard and continue with the new assignment of intercepting the enemy submarines? Oy!

Is that an over-sight/glitch in the programming or does this sort of thing happen in the real world of submariners, and is just part of the game reflecting real world headaches?