PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here in the Beta?

JU_88
09-16-18, 03:52 PM
With the open Beta available to backers coming very soon, (Next month possibly)
I was wondering if anyone here was in it/ backed the project with donation?

Ernstww
09-16-18, 09:11 PM
I'm in.

...and I apologize for the gratuitous use of emoticons.

:Kaleun_Party:
:arrgh!: :arrgh!: :arrgh!:

:up::up::up::up:

:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Cheers:

Abisem
09-17-18, 09:04 AM
I backed it so I should be in the Beta, even if I've read about a questionary they sent to backers that I think I missed: did you receive it?

JU_88
09-17-18, 05:33 PM
Nah I'm not in it, I wanted to pledge I was too late to the party - though I'm currently assisting them with some volunteer 3d modeling work.
I don't think you missed anything as it hasn't started yet. but its good to know there are at least two of you to post your initial thoughts etc when the time comes :)

Chad
09-17-18, 07:05 PM
Nah I'm not in it, I wanted to pledge I was too late to the party - though I'm currently assisting them with some volunteer 3d modeling work.
I don't think you missed anything as it hasn't started yet. but its good to know there are at least two of you to post your initial thoughts etc when the time comes :)

Volunteering, as in creating art for free?

Ernstww
09-17-18, 08:11 PM
Abisem, I never filled out any questionnaire for beta either. Although I snuck into Kickstarter as a backer after it had technically closed as the Paypal link had not been disabled - maybe an oversight. nihilcat, bless him, let me in anyway.

I think they have a list of backers that will get emailed keys (speculation).

barel80
09-17-18, 09:51 PM
I regularly receive emails from Uboat project. The last two were about beta participation and status report 09/2018. I'm looking forward to it !
They are planning to release beta in October and early acces by the end of this year. :salute: :yeah: :yep: :ping: :up:

JU_88
09-18-18, 04:35 AM
Volunteering, as in creating art for free?
Yeah pretty much. But its ok I enjoy it. :P I'm not doing alot, just a few aircraft.
I figured something was a miss when I saw a teaser video a while back of P-47's attacking the players Uboat (turns out they were just placeholder dummies) So I reached out to the devs with some examples of my 3d work and offered to give them hand with some models and research info on authentic Coastal command patrol planes. They are a small team and its a big game, so every little helps.

Niedowidek
09-18-18, 12:58 PM
I backed the project too.

Ernstww
09-18-18, 07:43 PM
JU_88, nice, good job helping out.

You will have extra fun opening up on your own planes with the flak guns. :Kaleun_Cheers:

You caused me to go and read a bunch of wiki stuff on aircraft/ uboat encounters. :salute:

JU_88
09-18-18, 08:01 PM
JU_88, nice, good job helping out.

You will have extra fun opening up on your own planes with the flak guns. :Kaleun_Cheers:

You caused me to go and read a bunch of wiki stuff on aircraft/ uboat encounters. :salute:

ha thanks, Well maybe, planes will hopefully be too lethal for that though, maybe not so much early on, but certainly beyond 1943... Rp3 Rockets, Leigh lights, radar, you name it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RP-3

StandingCow
09-19-18, 04:34 AM
I kickstarted it when it was HMS Marulken but I haven't gotten any further emails that I can recall since it was canceled and renamed.

fullmetaledges
09-19-18, 10:45 AM
I kickstarted it when it was HMS Marulken but I haven't gotten any further emails that I can recall since it was canceled and renamed.

You are getting this game mixed up with another one. This is not the game that was previously HMS Marulken.

StandingCow
09-19-18, 07:23 PM
You are getting this game mixed up with another one. This is not the game that was previously HMS Marulken.

Ah ok. I missed this kickstarter then. Thanks!

Ernstww
09-19-18, 10:40 PM
JU_88,

Indeed, indeed. Thank you for the link. An interesting read.

Hjalfnar
10-05-18, 03:25 AM
I am in the beta. If we are allowed to record and stream I will do so.

JU_88
10-06-18, 12:03 AM
I am in the beta. If we are allowed to record and stream I will do so.

nihilcat:
"Yes, there will be NDA that will be lifted after we will fix most important issues in the beta version."

https://steamcommunity.com/app/494840/discussions/0/1742220359695168483/?ctp=7

Answer is, you will be able to at some point during the beta, but not immediately from day 1.

Hjalfnar
10-08-18, 12:08 PM
Ah, thanks! Means: I need another HDD to save all the footage until NDA is lifted. xDDD Ah well, I know this kind of stuff from BF3,4, War Thunder Ground Forces and Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 1/2. Only problem is my SSD and HDD are completely full this time. -.-

barel80
10-13-18, 08:48 AM
Last message from BdU :

Hello,

After a long time, we are happy to announce that backers beta has started. In total, 806 of you declared will to participate in tests. We will send you emails in the next few hours (finishing touches!), around 4 PM CET.

This backers beta build is closed to public view. Please do not stream or upload it in any way.

We are aware, you can experience bugs or historical imprecisions. If yes, please go to: ... (link)

I CAN'T WAIT !!!
:Kaleun_Cheers::yeah::oops::ping::salute:

Ernstww
10-13-18, 10:17 AM
It seems the bug reports are starting to come in at Steam.

Haven't received a key yet. Have people here received keys?

Maybe I didn't make the key list due to the flaky way I got into Kickstarter.
--------------------

Nevermind, Nihilcat says its being sorted out. I have never hit 'refresh' so many time on my email.

cherbert
10-13-18, 05:42 PM
I have been playing most of the day and I have to say this game really has potential. Graphics look really good. Amazing ocean effects and the first person mode is really well done and immersive.

Ernstww
10-13-18, 07:52 PM
Good to hear. Is it bugging out much?

barel80
10-13-18, 09:48 PM
They are true heroes, they released U-boat sim in 2018, when most of games are ****-arcade.
I played early-beta today. I spent 2-3 hours on it. It needs few fixes and improvements but after that i think it will be a great sim.

:ping::D:yep:

Hjalfnar
10-14-18, 09:10 AM
Downloading right now, we'll see. Sadly under NDA, otherwise I would stream the whole evening...

JU_88
10-14-18, 01:06 PM
Lucky you, still waiting for my key. hopefully tomorrow.

Nufsed
10-14-18, 02:29 PM
Just started playing after I realised that my HOTAS was causing the mouse to disappear when I loaded UBOAT! Cure, unplug HOTAS:k_confused:. The game looks amazing and I can feel another classic coming on. Still a fair bit of work to do, but with all of us in the Beta it should shape up sooner than later.

Ernstww
10-14-18, 02:53 PM
Lucky you, still waiting for my key. hopefully tomorrow.

Thought you might like this shot from the Steam bug forums:)

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/956344776550595874/130871FE6A1C7094489DABF7984084F9221E3D21/

daft
10-14-18, 03:13 PM
Just started playing after I realised that my HOTAS was causing the mouse to disappear when I loaded UBOAT! Cure, unplug HOTAS:k_confused:. The game looks amazing and I can feel another classic coming on. Still a fair bit of work to do, but with all of us in the Beta it should shape up sooner than later.

Indeed. A lot of promise in this one, even at this relatively early stage. Been playing a couple of hours and it needs polish, balancing and some love. But already fun and with heaps of potential. Nihilcat working his ass off to fix bugs so new build should drop soon.

JU_88
10-14-18, 03:29 PM
Thought you might like this shot from the Steam bug forums:)

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/956344776550595874/130871FE6A1C7094489DABF7984084F9221E3D21/

Haha, nice one - thanks, were they trying to get them to mate? :Kaleun_Salute:
just noticed the royal air force tail marking is the wrong way around, red should be in front (that wasn't me btw) but I missed it in the previews i was sent. (Oops)

cothyso
01-28-19, 04:41 PM
I'm in the beta too :)

bstanko6
01-29-19, 05:40 PM
Can I join beta too? If so, How do I do this? I can't wait to try this game.

Jeffg
02-01-19, 06:56 PM
I have bought the sim last year and still have had no news on when we will have access to the software.

JeffG