PDA

View Full Version : Release Q4 2018

HanSolo78
09-15-18, 01:16 AM
Hi guys!

As this game seems very promising and no official release date visiible without research I thought about creating this thread.
In the last Dev update they say:
Instead, we will release the game into Early Access on Steam by the end of this year.

We've chosen early access instead of a full release because this way we will have more control over the whole process.

I also pre ordered the game here: https://www.mmoga.co.uk/Steam-Games/UBOOT-U-Boot-Simulator-WW2.html

JU_88
09-15-18, 07:45 AM
There has been a fair bit of delay, but its a big game for just 3 or so devs, and I think the wait is nearly over :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:
Im happy they are doing early access.

Ernstww
09-15-18, 08:38 PM
It's astonishing what three developers have accomplished.

I gather they are going straight from Kickstarter Beta to Early Access and omitting the Open Beta.

Here's hoping they get Early Access for the Christmas sales and that it does well!:Kaleun_Cheers:

Imagine what they could do with FOUR developers!

:Kaleun_Party:

JU_88
09-16-18, 03:58 AM
Im telling you Polish People are like machines!, I never met any other European culture/peoples who can work so hard without having a meltdown. :D:
Saw some video the other day about how Poland's economy is steadily grown (even though the 2009 crash)

ivo63
09-16-18, 05:43 AM
I hope it release very soon... I love it

rik007
09-23-18, 06:19 AM
Hi all!

Found this. Not sure it has been posted previously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh5a20_ptZA

And this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKRacVW6clA

Jeffg
09-25-18, 08:28 PM
I just pre-ordered the sim also, looks good.

JeffG

Bonfleck
09-26-18, 02:42 PM
Sorry if I've missed it somewhere in this forum but I'm curious if there's anymore talk or plans for this game to be released on other platforms. Mac, Xbox, PS4 etc. As much as I'd like to play, I won't ever go back to the maintenance nightmare, time vampire world of a gaming PC.

Penner10000
09-26-18, 03:08 PM
Sorry if I've missed it somewhere in this forum but I'm curious if there's anymore talk or plans for this game to be released on other platforms. Mac, Xbox, PS4 etc. As much as I'd like to play, I won't ever go back to the maintenance nightmare, time vampire world of a gaming PC.

So how do you think will you play this game with a controller? In my Opinion, playing a mouse-and-keyboard-game with controller is horrible!

JU_88
09-26-18, 03:14 PM
I won't ever go back to the maintenance nightmare, time vampire world of a gaming PC.

Oh, Its not so bad these days. And as pointed out, this game with a controller? Yeah... No.

Ernstww
09-27-18, 08:28 AM
I have re-mapped keyboard games onto an xbox controller with a keyboard emulator. MMO games filled with macros and WASD intensive games seem to work well with movement remapped to the joystick. Games with Quick Time events benefit from being able to mash a programmed Turbo button. I usually prefer my emulator setup to native controller support as its more flexible. The mouse is still a part of the setup as I find controller mousing a pain.

this is kind of the opposite of eliminating the PC and rather adds a layer of maintenance - LOL.

For something like a subsim with dozens of shortcut keys and where WASD movement is not critical and everything is mouse dependent, I wouldn't do it. Although you can have the best of both worlds, some games have a single activity that lends itself to controller action. You could program it for that event and leave it next to the keyboard. I find Navel Action is a game like that (Lots of WASD) as it The Lond Dark (WASD and Quick Time events).

Bonfleck
09-27-18, 03:03 PM
I see your point with the controller issue. Mac would be my platform of choice as it's been for everything else for nearly the last decade. Nearly maintenance free and ultra reliable. My opportunity to play would be limited at this point in my life. That being the case who in my situation has time for the blue screen of death and chasing instability demons?

JU_88
09-27-18, 03:54 PM
I see your point with the controller issue. Mac would be my platform of choice as it's been for everything else for nearly the last decade. Nearly maintenance free and ultra reliable. My opportunity to play would be limited at this point in my life. That being the case who in my situation has time for the blue screen of death and chasing instability demons?

Windows 7 and 10 are pretty rock solid as is modern Direct X and Nvidia/AmdATI Graphics Drivers, I've not seen a blue screen for about 10 years myself.
Macs and PCs have used the same hardware (intel architecture) for while now anyway.

Hjalfnar
10-05-18, 04:23 AM
It depends on how much you want to get out of your system...I'd rather have a PC as it completely customizeable. Parts of mine (mainly a storage HDD drive) are from my very first PC, so more than 10 years old. I think my last BlueScreen was with WinVista...while I upgraded it to Win7. xD

Macs have the problem that I can't really adjust them to my liking, I can't upgrade them without major problems and the majority of games I like to play either does not run on them or you need an extremely expensive one. And then you still have the problem that a lot of games are simply not released for Mac. It's personal preference of course. But I'd rather cut off one foot than use a Mac instead of a PC.

Ernstww
10-05-18, 08:32 AM
Quote from nihilcat today, "...second week is still the plan. Should be ready by Friday."

Grezkev
10-05-18, 05:20 PM
I am just catching wind of all this. I feel so out of touch.

Ernstww
10-05-18, 11:43 PM

I have never owned a Mac, but I can appreciate the idea of a maintenance free system, something that just works.

For myself, I like building PC systems, ordering parts and assembling. A task that used to be complicated, but is now much easier, almost fun! pcpartpicker.com is my favorite starting point. Nothing fills me with greater joy then clamping an enormous heat sink onto a cpu. Hey, and they mostly always work!

There was a time when I liked plain, modest PC cases, black and nondescript. Now, more LEDs better, and glowing cases with clear windows to celebrate the electronic glory. If you can't tan by it at night it isn't a PC case! - LOL :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

JU_88
10-05-18, 11:46 PM
Quote from nihilcat today, "...second week is still the plan. Should be ready by Friday."

Yep. Its finally happening :up:
Ive had the same PC case since 2005 lol the original Cooler master stacker,
but the guts get changed every 4 years.
Started with an Athlon 64 3000, 1GB RAM and Geforce 6600GT
Now its an Intel i5 3450, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1050ti.
I always go for more the modest offerings, since PC hardware gets outdated and devalued so fast.

Ernstww
10-06-18, 12:19 AM
Yep. Its finally happening :up:
Ive had the same PC case since 2005 lol the original Cooler master stacker,
but the guts get changed every 4 years.
Started with an Athlon 64 3000, 1GB RAM and Geforce 6600GT
Now its an Intel i5 3450, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1050ti.
I always go for more the modest offerings, since PC hardware gets outdated and devalued so fast.

That's the PC advantage - Upgradability. It's what I like about PCPartsPicker is its relatively easy now to find the techno sweet-spot for stuff. PCs also seem to be plateauing a bit. I recall in the 90s PCs were basically garbage in 2 years. Any new games would be unplayable. Now they seem to have a longer life and upgradability seems better.

...back to the game thread. lol... yes, it will be a long week! I guess I will do another run of SH3.

JU_88
10-06-18, 01:18 AM
Yeah and far more reliable, I lost count of how many motherboards died on me in the early 2000s. These days they are solid, Same brands too, Asus, Gigabyte, etc.
Looking forward to Friday. Keep an eye out for me aircraft models that will be in the first beta build :P i think only 2 types will be in at first, but more will follow.
If in time nihilcat allows me to take care of all the Aircraft models, I'm hoping it will free his own artist to work on more ships :P

Ernstww
10-06-18, 01:51 PM
Yeah and far more reliable, I lost count of how many motherboards died on me in the early 2000s. These days they are solid, Same brands too, Asus, Gigabyte, etc.
Looking forward to Friday. Keep an eye out for me aircraft models that will be in the first beta build :P i think only 2 types will be in at first, but more will follow.
If in time nihilcat allows me to take care of all the Aircraft models, I'm hoping it will free his own artist to work on more ships :P

I will drift about the English Channel and let them strafe me just to drink in the artistry. :Kaleun_Applaud:

JU_88
10-06-18, 10:38 PM
:haha: Maybe don't do that.

Ernstww
10-12-18, 03:12 PM
It's looking like a possible Saturday release for Kickstarter Beta.

Some last minute issue with the recent build that needs testing.

Ernstww
10-13-18, 09:10 AM
An update on the 'NEWS' tab from Steam:

"Backers beta has started
13 OCTOBER - GEN100MEK_PLAYWAY
Hello,

After a long time, we are happy to announce that backers beta has started. In total, 806 of you declared will to participate in tests. We will send you emails in the next few hours (finishing touches!), around 4 PM CET."