PDA

View Full Version : Discussions

Alx_Novoros
06-11-18, 04:59 PM
:Kaleun_Salute:

https://youtu.be/82AiRa4EwtU

SnipersHunter
06-13-18, 01:38 PM
How fast is the download for you? I only get 400 KB/s on Mediafire for some reason. I tried making an account but that did not help :k_confused:

Alx_Novoros
06-13-18, 01:57 PM
How fast is the download for you? I only get 400 KB/s on Mediafire for some reason. I tried making an account but that did not help :k_confused:
I can do new place tomorrow.
What you choice site?

SnipersHunter
06-13-18, 02:00 PM
You dont have to do so much work. I will just be patient and wait. Was just curious if its only for me so slow or for others aswell.

But thank you very much for the offer my friend.

Niume
06-13-18, 02:31 PM
Why don't use yandex? Or how us

Alx_Novoros
06-13-18, 04:05 PM
Why don't use yandex? Or how us

I can if you want. Maybe have torrent where

heidelbergensis
06-13-18, 05:57 PM
Fantastic release...just the 1.14 compilation in one single installation.

Some comments about sone bugs...in this pack the clock looks corrupted when the resolution is 1280 x 1024; (i.e. the needles are out of the sphere). In my old version downloaded from russian site, with a different type of clock, everythink was ok.

In the type IX interior, the sailors in charge of the depth are sitting in the opposite side of the control room. This bug was already present in the previous 1.14 version; maybe it is possible to switch them off?

Besides these graphical clitches, this is a fantastic job, the best compliaton for the simulation of the battle of the Atlantic. Thanks a lot!

kmike76
06-13-18, 09:07 PM
Fantastic release...just the 1.14 compilation in one single installation.

Besides these graphical clitches, this is a fantastic job, the best compliaton for the simulation of the battle of the Atlantic. Thanks a lot!

Agree. This is an awesome game. I've had no problems downloading and installing. JSGME is already installed, and two mods are already activated. The sound is epic! There are nice selections in the radio and the gramaphone, too

A few bugs, here and there, but they're not stopping the game from running smoothly. The one bug that bothers me a bit is that the mission objectives are in Russian in the English version. But other than that it's great!

:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

kmike76
06-13-18, 09:20 PM
I do have one question:

What key or command raises and lowers the snorkel?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It's in bridge station commands, the furthest icon to the right. I'll leave this here in case somebody has the same problem finding it.

Alx_Novoros
06-13-18, 11:49 PM
The one bug that bothers me a bit is that the mission objectives are in Russian in the English version.

:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

Yes. i did not it. because there need translate more 1000 files compaign.
i can fix it in future....

kmike76
06-14-18, 06:22 AM

As for me, take your time, no hurry. Most of the campaign orders have a grid coordinate so I know where to go.

I do have a question: Is there a key or an icon where a person can switch torpedo loading style? From automatic to manual. I load different types of torpedoes. I want to be able to control which type of torpedo I choose when reloading.

You did a great job, man. :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up: It'll be a miracle if I can pry myself away from the computer today! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Alx_Novoros
06-14-18, 08:26 AM
Captains try use F1 key for help

SnipersHunter
06-14-18, 10:46 AM

That would be awesome. If you need any help let us know.

adrians69
06-14-18, 12:19 PM
Downloaded and installed no problem. The only CTD I had was when I added a flotilla emblem. When I clicked the cross in the corner to close the sub outfitting screen I had a CTD

heidelbergensis
06-14-18, 12:32 PM
OK...

For if anyone is having the same trouble with the chronometer that I had, I fixed it simply deleting the file "Chronometer.dds" from the folder "..\KSD-II Adversaries\Data\Menu\KSD_Main_interface\Chronomet er (and leaving there all the other).

And I recovered the U-Jagd variant...:D

SnipersHunter
06-14-18, 12:35 PM
If anyone has the steam version like me and tries to copy the sh4.exe to the KSD Folder and gets a error. You have to copy the KSD files from your KSD installation to the steam folder of your game where the sh4.exe is located. It seems like you can run the steam exe only from this folder.

Alx_Novoros
06-14-18, 04:39 PM
Fellow captains!

I am excited to hear that this game has impressed you so much. It is a result of work of many like-minded men. We had an idea of a game that would unite all the submariners into one large community.
Right now it is all ready for you to play multiplayer missions – all together as a wolfpack or against each other in a team-versus-team matches.
Our work doesn`t stop here, though. Our next goal is to re-introduce the american submarines in the "USS addon", so you can play them in multiplayer as well.

I have to admit that my english is rather terrible. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
However, I happened to meet Erwin the fox, a good assistant of mine, and he is better at it for sure, so if you bump into some trouble, feel free to contact him at our Discord channel:

KSD-II

Here you can chat, upload screenshots of your battle feats, schedule streams and arrange multiplayer matches as well.

To launch the game you need to copy SH4.exe from steam version of the game. If you are having any trouble with it, you can ask me for help by PM.

I have heard that some people had their games being installed incompletely. This may occur because I have set the file compression to maximal. I will look for an alternative methods of sharing the game, but for now you have to pay attention to the file sizes:
Total disk space required – 11.1 Gbytes
Disk 1 (setup) – 2.252 Gb.
Disk 2 = 2.252 Gb.
Disk 3 = 1.654 Gb.

Alx_Novoros
06-15-18, 10:46 AM
Guys! i need help.
check all units from Museum please. If you found black models tell me please.

J0313
06-15-18, 11:44 AM
Is there a way to use emblems?

Alx_Novoros
06-15-18, 11:45 AM
https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/aa69/h1cb8kd0ycr7d514g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/view/h1cb8kd0ycr7d51/2018-06-15_185326.png/file)

Alx_Novoros
06-15-18, 11:47 AM
Is there a way to use emblems?
of course. You can do mod for this. But i cant help. sorry Im doing many work for ksd, busy

Jeffg
06-15-18, 01:04 PM
I am getting a error message invalid platform, new install of SH4 with U-Boats on Steam. I copied all the files from the KSD folder over to my steam SH4 folder and it gives me the above error message. Any help on the problem?

JeffG

SnipersHunter
06-15-18, 01:13 PM
Did you delete all the files in the Steam folder before copying the KSD files over except the sh4.exe?

Alx_Novoros
06-15-18, 01:58 PM
I am getting a error message invalid platform, new install of SH4 with U-Boats on Steam. I copied all the files from the KSD folder over to my steam SH4 folder and it gives me the above error message. Any help on the problem?

JeffG

I made a mistake. need a file with uplay. write me on discord .

Not use steam. Install game and paste file sh4.exe.

Alx_Novoros
06-15-18, 02:00 PM
Game on UPLAY

SnipersHunter
06-15-18, 02:03 PM
I made a mistake. need a file with uplay. write me on discord .

Not use steam. Install game and paste file sh4.exe.

That doenst work. When you copy sh4.exe outside steam and launch it it gives you a Steam application error.

Alx_Novoros
06-15-18, 02:40 PM
That doenst work. When you copy sh4.exe outside steam and launch it it gives you a Steam application error.

RIGHT!
YOU NEED FILE FROM UPLAY.
I CAN HELP IN PRIVATE CHAT DISCORD.

Wolfpack345
06-15-18, 02:41 PM
So I seem to have an issue. Whenever I try to load into the museum, career or single mission I get a CTD after the 'please wait' screen. Running the game in comparability mode and as an admin. Using the DVD version of the exe. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game as well.

Any help would be appreciated! :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

SnipersHunter
06-15-18, 02:54 PM
So I seem to have an issue. Whenever I try to load into the museum, career or single mission I get a CTD after the 'please wait' screen. Running the game in comparability mode and as an admin. Using the DVD version of the exe. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game as well.

Any help would be appreciated! :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

What exactly do you mean with "please wait screen". Do you mean after selecting to spawn outside or inside the harbor?

Wolfpack345
06-15-18, 03:01 PM
What exactly do you mean with "please wait screen". Do you mean after selecting to spawn outside or inside the harbor?

After the loading screen the Loading bar reaches 100% and then it says 'please wait' and I get a CTD before I load into the U-boat.

kmike76
06-15-18, 08:19 PM
Sounds like people are having problems installing with Steam. Or maybe in general? This is a note for FYI purposes:

I originally purchased SH4 1.4 through Amazon-dot-com. The download from their site version, not the DVD. I used that source for this. I installed a clean new copy of SH4 in the C: folder. I then installed KSD II also in the C: folder, but in it's own folder, a completely separate one from the SH4 folder.

Then I copied S4.exe from the SH4 folder to the KSD II folder. I did not try to copy anything else from one folder to the other - from the SH4 folder to the KSD II folder or visa versa. I also patched KSD II with a 4gb app just to be on the safe side (this is not mentioned in the installation instructions, but something I wanted to do).

I bypassed going though the museum and started a career. It worked fine that way. I had a few problems with crashing, so I set compatibility to Windows 7. It has never crashed again. I assume it should work fine in the C: Program Files (x86) folder, too.

I do not know if a person needs the SH4 Steam version to play multi-player. But this way worked for me for playing solo.

Hope this helps somebody.

Alx_Novoros
06-15-18, 09:16 PM
Hey guys! this game was made on UPLAY! I have both versions of the game steam, uplay. file sh4.exe from steam does not work.

kmike76
06-15-18, 09:30 PM
On my first patrol. Grid BE 644 on Februrary 11, 1942 in a VIIC. I just came across - a school of dolphins! I am listening to them on sonar.

I wasn't expecting that! Nice touch! :Kaleun_Salute:

I hate to give away too many spoilers, but this game is packed with interesting surprises.

nionios
06-16-18, 03:47 AM

You need delete this files and all .tga-remove

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/55bb/aab7ief3y3kcm184g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/view/aab7ief3y3kcm18/2018-06-15_000633.png/file)

Why do we need to delete them?Is it essential?

Alx_Novoros
06-16-18, 05:12 AM
Why do we need to delete them?Is it essential?
in fact, this is not so. these files were needed by JSGME. you can do anything. correct only those mistakes which will find. and also please let me know.

Jeffg
06-16-18, 11:25 AM
This morning I did a full reinstall of SH4 and moved the exe file to the Knights folder. The program opens up and when I picked a quick mission sim loads up and than ctd.I tried a campaign starting 9/39 and everything works ok except when the orders start typing out they are in Russian. I then watched the short movie and the load screen started than CTD again. This is Windows 10 but went into exe properties and set for win 7 and ran as administrator.

JeffG

Alx_Novoros
06-16-18, 01:08 PM
Guys, excuse me.
I made many mistakes in the game.
I will make a new installer very soon.
The old version needs to be removed, because there are too many fixes. You all so waited for the release that I was in a hurry. I should have checked it out.

:k_confused:

Niume
06-16-18, 02:45 PM
WE need a team so we could translate campaing messages.
I can help translating

patrick5573
06-16-18, 03:07 PM
hello !
I have steam version.
I don't want to pay for an Uplay version !
What can i do ?
Thank you for your help !

Alx_Novoros
06-16-18, 03:19 PM
hello !
I have steam version.
I don't want to pay for an Uplay version !
What can i do ?
Thank you for your help !

write me in discord. I can help there :03:

SnipersHunter
06-16-18, 05:23 PM
WE need a team so we could translate campaing messages.
I can help translating

I can help aswell especially with german terms of equipment, ranks and stuff like that.

Jeffg
06-16-18, 09:17 PM
Ok Uninstalling and waiting on new version,Thanks

JeffG

Alx_Novoros
06-17-18, 09:11 AM
https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/8e9d/9bt71aaz9u3lkl34g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/view/9bt71aaz9u3lkl3/2018-06-17_170205.png/file)

Alx_Novoros
06-17-18, 09:36 AM
in two hours there will be a new link
UPDATED

Niume
06-17-18, 11:05 AM
okay

submarine1981
06-17-18, 12:01 PM
same here.

I have copy the sh4.exe, set windows 7, but it CTD.

Has anyone find any solution?

Alx_Novoros
06-17-18, 12:42 PM
same here.

I have copy the sh4.exe, set windows 7, but it CTD.

Has anyone find any solution?

Write me in discord

Alx_Novoros
06-17-18, 12:44 PM
Game is ready.
Link in introduction.
Try it again

SnipersHunter
06-17-18, 12:57 PM
Game is ready.
Link in introduction.
Try it again

Changelog?

Wolfpack345
06-17-18, 01:01 PM
Game is ready.
Link in introduction.
Try it again

Downloading now! Thanks.

Alx_Novoros
06-17-18, 01:50 PM
Changelog?

Fixed many little bugs, added music MOD, fix ranks, and correct installation

Gunnyhwy
06-17-18, 03:20 PM
When I click on KSDII , a window appear with the following message" KSD-II Adversaries GE.exe is not a valid Win32 application."
I put it in a file with sh4.exe.
What's the problem?

RoyAn75
06-17-18, 03:51 PM
Thank you very much for all of your hard work. I am sad to ask for help as I am not very knowledgeable about PC programming.

I downloaded KSD-II Adversaries GE.exe file that is in the 2nd post of the Introduction to KSD threat. Completed download, file size 7,030,599 KB.

When I double-click to execute the file, I receive the following message from my operating system: "This app cannot run on this PC"

I am running Windows 10, 64-bit.

I went into the properties of the file and checked the box to run the file as me being the administrator and checked the box to run in Windows 7 and Windows XP compatibility modes.

I'd appreciate assistance.

Thank you

Jeffg
06-17-18, 03:54 PM
Just downloaded also and get same message,This program can not run on this PC.

JeffG

Alx_Novoros
06-17-18, 04:50 PM
You need use WINRAR OR 7-ZIP

kmike76
06-17-18, 05:39 PM
You need use WINRAR OR 7-ZIP

It downloads as an .exe file, instead of a .7z file, so there is no way to unzip it.

The new download is "KSD-II_Adversaries_GE.exe". Shouldn't it be like "KSD-II_Adversaries_GE.7z" ??

Then one could unzip in the usual manner and install it.

Appreciate all your hard work and effort into doing this project, Alx_Novoros

Alx_Novoros
06-17-18, 08:09 PM
It downloads as an .exe file, instead of a .7z file, so there is no way to unzip it.

The new download is "KSD-II_Adversaries_GE.exe". Shouldn't it be like "KSD-II_Adversaries_GE.7z" ??

Then one could unzip in the usual manner and install it.

Appreciate all your hard work and effort into doing this project, Alx_Novoros

I'm understanding and know it.
This Archiv was created in WINRAR format sfx
You need open as winrar

Alx_Novoros
06-17-18, 08:12 PM
Many people did it, just like me

kmike76
06-17-18, 08:55 PM
You need open as winrar

OK, thanks.

Niume
06-18-18, 06:02 AM
This is earlier version so it may be already fixed but there is bug where dd are half sunken.

http://www.part.lt/img/6cc3a53bddab2661cb3a332d502430e4602.bmp (http://www.part.lt/perziura/6cc3a53bddab2661cb3a332d502430e4602.bmp)

Niume
06-18-18, 06:04 AM
Will upload mod through Yandex disk?

Alx_Novoros
06-18-18, 06:10 AM
Will upload mod through Yandex disk?
doing...

RoyAn75
06-18-18, 06:14 AM
Up and running and it is fantastic. Thanks to all who contributed in making this project. You guys are very generous. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :salute:

Aktungbby
06-18-18, 06:18 AM
RoyAn75!:Kaleun_Salute:

kmike76
06-18-18, 09:51 AM
You need open as winrar

I used 7-zip to extract, as I read your instructions in the "Introduction to KSDII: Adversaries" thread, which said: "open using Winrar/7-Zip"

Worked like a charm, easy peasy. I have both the "old" and new version, playing the new one now. It's running strong..:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Alx_Novoros
06-18-18, 10:39 AM
Yandex link is ready
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2557003#post2557003

SnipersHunter
06-18-18, 11:10 AM
Yandex link is ready
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2557003#post2557003

Way faster :Kaleun_Applaud:

lederhosen
06-18-18, 11:25 AM
I had to use the 4GB patch for sh4.exe to get it to run

Gunnyhwy
06-18-18, 11:41 AM
Alex Novoros had to send me the SHIV U-Play exe to make it work, as the regular exe from the "Silent Hunter IV Wolves of the Pacific" out of the box did not work on my machine.

This is an outstanding mode which is faithful to the Spirit of SHIII. This is what the old SHIII players were expecting when SHIV came out, but as you know, we got something different, not wrong, but different from our expectations of the time.

I feel like I am back in time in the good old days of SHII but much, much better. That felt nice for father's day.

Thank you Alex Novoros.:Kaleun_Salute:

SnipersHunter
06-18-18, 01:07 PM
It says that the file KSDII-Adversaries\Data\Movies\MissionsGE\1943.bik damaged is when unzipping the second yandex file (https://yadi.sk/d/4JgzkAuV3Y56pT).

I redownloaded that file and still the same error.

Niume
06-18-18, 03:11 PM
Whats your opinion guys of enemy sensors?

J0313
06-19-18, 12:23 AM
I have put a custom emblem into the game for my own use but they don't face the same way on each side of the Turm. I would like to see that fixed.I tried on my own but I can't seem to get it to work.

Alx_Novoros
06-19-18, 12:52 AM
It says that the file KSDII-Adversaries\Data\Movies\MissionsGE\1943.bik damaged is when unzipping the second yandex file (https://yadi.sk/d/4JgzkAuV3Y56pT).

I redownloaded that file and still the same error.

Im checked archive. All right. try download again

Cpt Haddock
06-19-18, 07:01 AM
Alex Novoros had to send me the SHIV U-Play exe to make it work, as the regular exe from the "Silent Hunter IV Wolves of the Pacific" out of the box did not work on my machine.

This is an outstanding mode which is faithful to the Spirit of SHIII. This is what the old SHIII players were expecting when SHIV came out, but as you know, we got something different, not wrong, but different from our expectations of the time.

I feel like I am back in time in the good old days of SHII but much, much better. That felt nice for father's day.

Thank you Alex Novoros.:Kaleun_Salute:

That must be where im going wrong then, I have the original DVD, and version 1.00 of the exe, and that's probably why KSDII is not working for me despite being told they were the same file by someone else, so ive been pulling whats left of my hair out for nothing ;), thanks for the heads up Gunny, now to hunt down the Uplay version of the exe , happy hunting

propbeanie
06-19-18, 07:15 AM
You'll want to update your v1.0 of the game with your "Uboat Missions" v1.5 add-on, Cpt Haddock.

Ah-yesh... how well I remember the glory days of the v1.0 disk, and trying to follow along as Ubisoft kept rolling out what they called "updates"... sort of like what MS still does today... :har: :salute:

Cpt Haddock
06-19-18, 08:09 AM
Danke Propbeanie, glory days indeed, proper manuals, artwork, nowadays you have to pay extra for that kind of thing, I did patch it to 1.4 to see if that worked, guess I have to hit the uplay store sigh

kmike76
06-19-18, 08:46 AM
I originally purchased SH4 1.4 through Amazong-dot-com. The download from their site version, not the DVD. I used that source for this. I installed a clean new copy of SH4 in the C: folder.

Clarifying to make sure I'm being very understandable. It's tricky communicating online, isn't it. I used the version called "Silent Hunter: Wolves Of The Pacific - Gold Edition [Download]." It included "All New Uboat Missions."

Not sure it the version is called 1.4, 1.5, or something else.

https://kek.gg/i/6hJTpC.png

propbeanie
06-19-18, 08:58 AM
Danke Propbeanie, glory days indeed, proper manuals, artwork, nowadays you have to pay extra for that kind of thing, I did patch it to 1.4 to see if that worked, guess I have to hit the uplay store sigh
Or Amazon or similar... The Amazon downloads used to not be too bad to deal with. Burn a copy of it to DVD for back-up, and don't lose the license email! I haven't seen a disk available anywhere for a while, but then again, I don't look for it too often...

My first box had it all too. Very impressive stuff... too bad half of what they said in the documentation just wasn't implemented yet. :arrgh!: But it was some nice, complimentary material. Diversionary tactics, though. I can't remember the version, but like v1.01 or similar. I can no longer find any of it. Been missing for about 10 years... That and my original SH3 are both lost - I suspect my brother... :har: - So I went out and got what turned out to be a v1.3 disk. Same big box, nothing in it other than the DVD case and disk. Paid the same price as the original one... I'm surprised there was even a disk case... :O: I finally gave up and broke down and bought the Uboat Missions from Ubisoft in like 2012. Just in the last few years I bought the Gold Edition because it was inexpensive, like "on sale" for $15 US... Much easier to deal with... :salute:

propbeanie
06-19-18, 09:03 AM
Clarifying to make sure I'm being very understandable. It's tricky communicating online, isn't it. I used the version called "Silent Hunter: Wolves Of The Pacific - Gold Edition [Download]." It included "All New Uboat Missions."

Not sure it the version is called 1.4, 1.5, or something else.

... disk pic ...
You are "Golden" kmike76... sorry for the bad pun... That is Version 1.5, aka: Uboat Missions, which is basically the Silent Hunter 3 files re-enabled... oh, I shouldn't say that... :O:

I'm not sure how Alx did his mod. Going by his ReadMe stuff though:
Game contents:
KSD II v. 1.14
Patches v.1.0 - 1.5 (+fixes)
KSDII_New_TTС_Submarine_KELLERMANN_1.2.1
it appears that he includes the updates, but I might be mistaken (again...). He doesn't include the v1.5 SH4.exe though - which legally, he can't... :salute:

kmike76
06-19-18, 09:30 AM
KSDII_New_TTС_Submarine_KELLERMANN_1.2.1

Where'd you find the "Kellermann," propbeanie? Is it a sub mod somewhere?

First time I've seen anything about it...

edit: adding; I found the readme file that mentions it, but no working file that references "Kellermann."

2nd edit: adding again; KELLERMANN is the "New TTÑ Submarine mod author." Only have found reference in the readme and credits file. credits file is located data > menu > credits

Looks like it's a mod that's coming in the future at some point.

All mods in Readme is pasted.
I added it because they do game correct and right

Niume
06-19-18, 11:56 AM
Where'd you find the "Kellermann," propbeanie? Is it a sub mod somewhere?

First time I've seen anything about it...

edit: adding; I found the readme file that mentions it, but no working file that references "Kellermann."

2nd edit: adding again; KELLERMANN is the "New TTÑ Submarine mod author." Only have found reference in the readme and credits file. credits file is located data > menu > credits

Looks like it's a mod that's coming in the future at some point.
http://brat01.mybb.by/viewtopic.php?id=184

Niume
06-19-18, 12:02 PM
Found some bugs. Ships sink in storms, Ships with lights in convoy.

Alx_Novoros
06-19-18, 12:02 PM
You needn't install KELLERMANN.
HE IN GAME

kmike76
06-19-18, 12:31 PM
http://brat01.mybb.by/viewtopic.php?id=184

Thanks, Men! :Kaleun_Salute:

Here's the page, translated to English:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbrat01.mybb.by%2Fviewtopic.php%3Fid %3D184&edit-text=

edit: adding; Alex Novoros says it's already installed:

You needn't install KELLERMANN.
HE IN GAME

SnipersHunter
06-19-18, 01:22 PM
Will we get the equipment names correct? I can help if you want the German or English terms for all the equipment available. For example the Wolves of Steel mod of SH5 uses the German names for equipment for better immersion.

https://i.gyazo.com/68997c38728197e4401361ecaff7e6a8.png

Alx_Novoros
06-20-18, 01:24 AM
Found some bugs. Ships sink in storms, Ships with lights in convoy.

OK.
You need look for more mistakes. gather information for two weeks. After we will try to fix it and make an update as a mod.

Alx_Novoros
06-20-18, 01:28 AM
Will we get the equipment names correct? I can help if you want the German or English terms for all the equipment available. For example the Wolves of Steel mod of SH5 uses the German names for equipment for better immersion.

https://i.gyazo.com/68997c38728197e4401361ecaff7e6a8.png

I will be fix it in new MOD in 2 weeks

lederhosen
06-20-18, 07:04 AM
you might also want to look at how storms are sinking warships.

https://s26.postimg.cc/luhnti0ah/ksd2.jpg

Niume
06-20-18, 11:18 AM
Would be possible to have sh4speech?

SnipersHunter
06-20-18, 12:00 PM
One request for the next version: Could we get the SH3 soundtrack playing in the back instead of the SH IV soundtrack. The SH IV soundtrack is more fitting to US Fleet Boats not to German U-Boats. Should be easy to replace...

Another translation correction: This should be "Einsatzgebiet" instead of "Die Zone der Operation".

https://i.gyazo.com/66faebe03d0ad7022e5c856f0208bff7.png

kmike76
06-20-18, 12:47 PM
OK.
You need look for more mistakes. gather information for two weeks. After we will try to fix it and make an update as a mod.

OK. This needs to be fixed. The new panel at the bottom blocks a person from activating some commands. Icons are hidden behind the new panel. See area that I circled in red. I looked through F1 help but did not see anyway of turning off the new panel.

Edit: added; also, the grey panel area to the right of the circled area blocks off icon(s?).

If that doesn't make sense, say so and I will reword.

https://kek.gg/i/8cvDp5.png

Niume
06-20-18, 01:06 PM
Whats your resolution? I think its too low

kmike76
06-20-18, 01:34 PM
Whats your resolution? I think its too low

You mean me? I had my in-game "Options" settings set to 1024*768 4:3, 48 hz
when I posted that last graphic. I changed now to 1366*768 683:384 60 hz - the highest setting, but I can't tell any difference.

Maybe need to change my computer setting to a higher resolution?

I enlarged the graphic from original size, which will cause a little blurring.

Alx_Novoros
06-20-18, 01:42 PM
You mean me? I had my in-game "Options" settings set to 1024*768 4:3, 48 hz
when I posted that last graphic. I changed now to 1366*768 683:384 60 hz - the highest setting, but I can't tell any difference.

Maybe need to change my computer setting to a higher resolution?

I enlarged the graphic from original size, which will cause a little blurring.

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/bdb6/2rxnj58ph448vf44g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/view/2rxnj58ph448vf4/2018-06-20_213836.png/file)

you can change resolution here my PC/documents

Alx_Novoros
06-20-18, 01:44 PM
OK. This needs to be fixed. The new panel at the bottom blocks a person from activating some commands. Icons are hidden behind the new panel. See area that I circled in red. I looked through F1 help but did not see anyway of turning off the new panel.

Edit: added; also, the grey panel area to the right of the circled area blocks off icon(s?).

If that doesn't make sense, say so and I will reword.

https://kek.gg/i/8cvDp5.png

No bug. it is resolution you comp. minimal = 1600*any

kmike76
06-20-18, 02:07 PM
No bug. it is resolution you comp. minimal = 1600*any

Sorry for being a noob on this issue, but can somebody tell me what to do to fix?

Edit: Adding;

Nevermind. I did the instructions posted. Changed resolution to 1920,1000,60,22. It "stretched" the icons so I can see all of them now. Holy Moly, what a difference! It changed to full screen across, what a difference! Much better, TYVM.

2nd edit: adding again; a suggestion - in future versions or updates, change the resolution to the 1920,1000 setting so that people don't run into the same problem I did.

Alx_Novoros
06-21-18, 02:47 AM
link for multiplayer EVOLVE channel for KSDII Adversaries (https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:avHcuvyQMdnqWu2l,party:Vgpwd1rI lsj2OcfZ)

Niume
06-21-18, 03:08 PM
Is it just me or there way too many neutrals in convoys?

Alx_Novoros
06-21-18, 03:36 PM
Is it just me or there way too many neutrals in convoys?
Yes, anywhere

CapitaCatalunya
06-22-18, 02:13 AM
I downloaded and extracted the game files but when I copy and paste the SH4.exe from my wolves of the pacific directory to KSD II it doesn't works, any help??

Also I really want to know if you have modeled the type XXI interior, I haven't seen any images or videos of it but I see the subs are included in KSD and the type II's, VII and IX have modeled interiors. Don't get me wrong, I understand is EXTREMELY difficult to model the subs interiors, I just want to ask because I havent' seen info on it anywhere

Alx_Novoros
06-22-18, 05:16 AM
I downloaded and extracted the game files but when I copy and paste the SH4.exe from my wolves of the pacific directory to KSD II it doesn't works, any help??

Also I really want to know if you have modeled the type XXI interior, I haven't seen any images or videos of it but I see the subs are included in KSD and the type II's, VII and IX have modeled interiors. Don't get me wrong, I understand is EXTREMELY difficult to model the subs interiors, I just want to ask because I havent' seen info on it anywhere
Write me in discord chat please

Niume
06-22-18, 05:31 AM
Where are the resuplly ships?

CapitaCatalunya
06-22-18, 08:02 AM
Write me in discord chat please

ok, going to discord!!!

Alx_Novoros
06-22-18, 08:07 AM
ok, going to discord!!!

I'm not see you

KaleunMarco
06-22-18, 09:28 AM
I can if you want. Maybe have torrent where

alx,

a quick question: i d/l the KSD-II.exe file and when i attempt to run it my Win7 system replies that this is a non-windows application. did i miss a note or something? i thought this release-mod was for Silent Hunter 4 on a WIndows platform?

mb

SnipersHunter
06-22-18, 09:57 AM
Where are the resuplly ships?

Was searching for them aswell. Maybe not im the game yet?

RoyAn75
06-22-18, 10:49 AM
Mark

I made the same mistake, it is not an executionable file though it is named as such. You simply need to use WINRAR or 7-zip to unpack the files.

RoyAn75
06-22-18, 04:00 PM
This is for FYI: I am using a 1440p monitor and I am having CTD when setting the games resolution to 2560*1440, 16:9 60hz/120hz/144hz. I do not have any CTD when setting the games resolution to 1920*1080, 16:9 144hz and below.

I am able to play SH4 ver. 1.5 at my monitors native resolution without any problems. Since I am unfamiliar with programming, I do not know if there is something in KSD-II that can be looked at to address this.

thank you

Edit 1; Event Log: Faulting module name: atiumdva.dll version: 24.20.11021.1000. Faulting process ID: 0x34a8. I'm using a AMD Radeon Fury Card with up to date driver 18.6.1.

Niume
06-23-18, 03:32 AM
WAYYY TO MANY NEUTRALS IN CONVOYS..

http://www.part.lt/img/8074aa197b931d1f4789bd0486a02177556.bmp (http://www.part.lt/perziura/8074aa197b931d1f4789bd0486a02177556.bmp)

Brett Sinclair
06-23-18, 09:50 AM
Did anybody else experience a "This App Can't Be Run On Your PC" error when opening the .exe (Windows 10, 64 bit, admin profile)?
If yes, how did you fix it (all other .exes work just fine)?
EDIT: I try to unzip the .exe now and install the files manually.

Best,
Brett

p.s.:
Where lie the differences between this and both Operation Monsun and the various SH3 supermods (LSH, GWX, WAC, NYGM)?

Alx_Novoros
06-23-18, 10:39 AM
Did anybody else experience a "This App Can't Be Run On Your PC" error when opening the .exe (Windows 10, 64 bit, admin profile)?

Best,
Brett

p.s.:
Where lie the differences between this and both Operation Monsun and the various SH3 supermods (LSH, GWX, WAC, NYGM)?
Look instructions in intro KSD

patrick5573
06-23-18, 10:40 AM
Hello!
Why are the objective missions written in Russian !?

Alx_Novoros
06-23-18, 10:48 AM
Hello!
Why are the objective missions written in Russian !?
Because this game was did in Russian.
I'm translated main data.
For fix message missions and campaign created group. You can help...

Alx_Novoros
06-23-18, 11:56 AM
lets go wolfpack now.
we going in patrol

J0313
06-23-18, 12:04 PM

Best,
Brett

p.s.:

It's not an .exe. It's a zip file. you have to unzip it.

Brett Sinclair
06-23-18, 12:25 PM
It's not an .exe. It's a zip file. you have to unzip it.

This makes perfect sense, thank you. No idea why my PC tried to execute it then :D

Best,
Brett

Alx_Novoros
06-24-18, 12:45 AM
Friends you need check library.

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/b585/6pj6dai5oozz0n24g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/view/6pj6dai5oozz0n2/2018-06-23_232310.png/file)

janus7
06-24-18, 09:40 AM
Hello. I have a Polish version of the game + U-Boat missions (Gold Edition) and after starting any mission I have CTD. Can someone send me a .exe file that works with a mod?
wlodas@gmail.com
https://images81.fotosik.pl/1103/2484d0decbf3c284med.jpg (https://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/2484d0decbf3c284)

Alx_Novoros
06-24-18, 10:12 AM
Hello. I have a Polish version of the game + U-Boat missions (Gold Edition) and after starting any mission I have CTD. Can someone send me a .exe file that works with a mod?
wlodas@gmail.com
https://images81.fotosik.pl/1103/2484d0decbf3c284med.jpg (https://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/2484d0decbf3c284)

Write me in discord

Alx_Novoros
06-24-18, 10:14 AM
Oh I'm tired. Surely no one reads the manual?!

J0313
06-24-18, 07:02 PM
I am absolutely satisfied with this mod. I will go as far as to say that it is better than SHIII with any mega mod installed. Absolutely wonderful work Alex. Way better than OPMONSUN. Just need the messages translated and it will be perfect. Many thanks.

patrick5573
06-24-18, 11:36 PM
I agree :)

pitti
06-25-18, 11:34 AM
Game runs fine on my machine. 2880x1620 with NVidia-card. But I changed the Config.File, because : It is deepest night, I'm at periskope depth and a DD saw my periskope from a distance of ca 5 KM. Well, maybe it was an Alien with radar-eyes, or something like this, but I prefer humen ......
And, of course: a big Thank you for this great Mod.

CapitaCatalunya
06-25-18, 05:27 PM
do you plan on adding full interiors? If you do the XXI that would be a first

Alx_Novoros
06-25-18, 06:54 PM
do you plan on adding full interiors? If you do the XXI that would be a first

almost ready for series IIB and VII series

Alx_Novoros
06-25-18, 06:58 PM
I see only 12 people who are interested in this project. it's small. you could advertise somewhere that the demand has increased. even in the poll no one is involved.

Alx_Novoros
06-25-18, 07:23 PM
I tested USS add-on in multi player mode today. In mission was a Balao boat and a British task force. on the other side was the German boat IXD2. it was interesting. all my work on the project is aimed at the development of multi-player mode. I also plan to introduce ships into the players ' control. but I will cease all activity if I am not supported here.

patrick5573
06-25-18, 11:52 PM
We support you friend ! Your work is just great !

J0313
06-26-18, 02:42 AM
I tested USS add-on in multi player mode today. In mission was a Balao boat and a British task force. on the other side was the German boat IXD2. it was interesting. all my work on the project is aimed at the development of multi-player mode. I also plan to introduce ships into the players ' control. but I will cease all activity if I am not supported here.

Did you read my post #121? I am very excited about this mod but not the multiplayer part. Never was into that. But for a solo mod I love it!

SnipersHunter
06-26-18, 10:23 AM
Did you read my post #121? I am very excited about this mod but not the multiplayer part. Never was into that. But for a solo mod I love it!

Same counts for me.

lederhosen
06-26-18, 10:29 AM
but I will cease all activity if I am not supported here.

This would be my choice for solo play (even over GWX).
So just what do you want?

SnipersHunter
06-26-18, 11:46 AM
Also we are currently translating all the messages for everyone aswell, so how are we not supporting you? This is alot of work!

J0313
06-26-18, 12:32 PM
I think he want's everyone on board for multi player but that just isn't for me. I'm sorry Alex but I'm just not into that with this platform. But I really do love the mod and I hope you will continue to work on the solo player aspect of it. You have made a hit with this one.

Niume
06-26-18, 01:07 PM
Sensors should be fixed a bit destroyers spot periscope from like 3km not really realistic and they spot you from far away at night while in early 1940. Would be nice if waves would be a little smaller

Alx_Novoros
06-27-18, 03:29 AM
TODAY i will be test USS addon and play on Balao vs U boot.
Anyone want help me?
time 7:00-9:00 pm CET
thank you friends.

Niume
06-28-18, 05:31 AM
Is this could be possible for KSD II? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=194610

kmike76
06-28-18, 06:00 AM
I am absolutely satisfied with this mod. I will go as far as to say that it is better than SHIII with any mega mod installed. Absolutely wonderful work Alex. Way better than OPMONSUN. Just need the messages translated and it will be perfect. Many thanks.

I agree. I've played both Silent Hunter 3 and 4 with all kinds of different mega and regular mods. The only thing I haven't played is Living Silent Hunter 3, and another mega mod who's name I can't remember. KSD II is the best version I have played in either game. :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

I wish I could help with translating, testing, or whatever. But I am locked up in a critical real world project that I must keep working on. Don't have much time for anything else. Sorry, Alex, truly. But at least I can express how good I think it is. :Kaleun_Applaud:

Alx_Novoros
06-28-18, 07:28 AM
Is this could be possible for KSD II? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=194610

it's working! you can play in one mission on American boats and German boats against each other. moreover. I plan to introduce warships

But I need any players for test. You can not like multi player, but can help development it

Alx_Novoros
06-28-18, 08:10 AM

it's working! you can play in one mission on American boats and German boats against each other. moreover. I plan to introduce warships

But I need any players for test. You can don't like multi player, but can help development it

Alx_Novoros
06-29-18, 05:50 AM
https://youtu.be/9ZNim5ipX7M

Alx_Novoros
06-29-18, 07:12 AM
https://youtu.be/2rUDTJJJVpU

Niume
06-30-18, 04:38 AM
I found method how to fix Sunken Destroyers in bad weather atleast for Silent Hunter III maybe it will work for SH 4 who knows.

http://subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2529045&postcount=431

lederhosen
07-01-18, 08:42 AM
I dont suppose ther is any way to move the ksd "turms" into OM?

lederhosen
07-06-18, 10:58 AM
bump...I know it must be possible so why not say how?

propbeanie
07-06-18, 12:15 PM
They're a bit busy developing the mod. Turms are found in the "Game / Data / Objects" folder generally, and could be copied into a separate mod, along with your submarines' UPC and EQP files, which would link the turms and equipment to the sub. Look in the current files for examples. There might be textures used on the turms & other gear down in the Texture folders, and other parts, such as guns up in the Library folder... :salute:

Alx_Novoros
07-08-18, 04:29 PM
9.07.2018 TRAINING USS addon
time 7:00-9:00 pm CET

I need players

Alx_Novoros
07-09-18, 03:07 PM
https://youtu.be/LHUACJgO1Fg

need fix it

dvdwildsau
07-09-18, 04:55 PM
Hello

Great Work!!!

Bugs or Problems ive found

Ships sink on their own in Storms

Radio Messages/ Orders in Russian :hmmm: , is some sort of patch commin?

Aktungbby
07-09-18, 04:59 PM
dvdwildsau!:Kaleun_Salute: after a very long silent run!

Alx_Novoros
07-11-18, 03:06 PM
https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/ff92/rkb379en373dkfe4g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/view/rkb379en373dkfe/2018-07-11_225257.png/file)

reason jumping warships in multiplayer

J0313
07-13-18, 02:30 PM
Have completed translation of lines 01-141 of the German Messages. I will keep updating here so those of us who are working on this don't do double work.

J0313
07-13-18, 02:34 PM
Also I don't know if this is a big deal but the spacing in each message isn't always the same. I have been making them the same as I go along.

Niume
07-13-18, 03:15 PM
Have completed translation of lines 01-141 of the German Messages. I will keep updating here so those of us who are working on this don't do double work.
great

Bleiente
07-14-18, 12:50 PM
I'm a bit confused now, is this a special offshoot of KSDII?
Because the original modes as well as the development team can be found here:
http://brat01.mybb.by/

:hmmm:

Bleiente
07-14-18, 02:10 PM
I'm a bit confused now, is this a special offshoot of KSDII?
Because the original modes as well as the development team can be found here:
http://brat01.mybb.by/

:hmmm:

Yes. Official cite brat01
But there not support English version
I'm created KSD II adversaries as change version
Added multi player
Fixed a lot errors
Made translate in English

In brat01 I have rank moderator

These are good explanations to my question @Alx_Novoros.
I would appreciate, however, if you do not edit my contribution, but separately to answer.

Otherwise, I'm very interested in these modes.
But better not write in my own posts unasked purely, I will not tolerate that. :03:

:salute:

Alx_Novoros
07-14-18, 03:37 PM
im sorry. it was error.

Bleiente
07-14-18, 04:00 PM
im sorry. it was error.
Everything OK. :03:

Alx_Novoros
07-15-18, 05:15 AM
TODAY AT 7 p.m. CET MULTIPLAYER

J0313
07-20-18, 09:07 PM
Translated GE Messages 01-191.

lederhosen
07-21-18, 02:52 AM
when are these messages going to be released?

J0313
07-21-18, 11:57 AM
when are these messages going to be released?

There are several of us working on but I can't give you a date yet. There are about 2300 messages that have to be translated.

lederhosen
07-22-18, 03:21 AM
holy cow

Niume
07-22-18, 07:55 AM
holy cow
I am pretty sure this summer we won;t be able to translate all of it.

J0313
08-08-18, 10:25 AM
Translated Messages 1-270

patrick5573
08-12-18, 05:02 AM
Translated Messages 1-270

CONGRATS !!

skipjack578
08-23-18, 03:38 AM
Hi all. :salute:
I just want to say that this is one of the best mods i have played in SH series, it is extremely well done mod, and im not an amateur in these games.

If someone is having crashes with startup you need to patch
sh4.exe with a tool called 4gb_patch.exe.

About the sound in the game...
I have been in audio editing for a quite a while and when i hear all those sound effects in SH series, they are very good...but complete mess, they are poorly mastered.
For example if you are in close range battle with other battleships that are firing at each other and you, there are so many sound effects that are overlapping with one another and it sounds like a mess...the DC sound is way too much loud it doesn't make any sense at all...and so on..
I have been fixing this for sometime now in Sh.sdl and with some new wave files..it sounds completely fresh and new and properly balanced...if some one is interested i can post this mod here.
Other than that, this mod is amazing!
And thanks to the guys who are translating the radio messages. Keep up the good work! :salute:

jaxa
08-23-18, 03:48 AM
Hi all. :salute:
I just want to say that this is one of the best mods i have played in SH series, it is extremely well done mod, and im not an amateur in these games.

If someone is having crashes with startup you need to patch
sh4.exe with a tool called 4gb_patch.exe.

About the sound in the game...
I have been in audio editing for a quite a while and when i hear all those sound effects in SH series, they are very good...but complete mess, they are poorly mastered.
For example if you are in close range battle with other battleships that are firing at each other and you, there are so many sound effects that are overlapping with one another and it sounds like a mess...the DC sound is way too much loud it doesn't make any sense at all...and so on..
I have been fixing this for sometime now in Sh.sdl and with some new wave files..it sounds completely fresh and new and properly balanced...if some one is interested i can post this mod here.
Other than that, this mod is amazing!
And thanks to the guys who are translating the radio messages. Keep up the good work! :salute:

It would be very nice sound addon making proper atmosphere. Please release it for download.

Alx_Novoros
08-24-18, 02:13 AM
..if some one is interested i can post this mod here.

Of course friend. Do it in partition MODS
thank you
:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Niume
08-24-18, 02:47 AM
It would be very nice sound addon making proper atmosphere. Please release it for download.
Yes please post it.

skipjack578
08-31-18, 10:18 AM
I have posted 4 new mods in the mod section.

pitti
08-31-18, 12:57 PM
Hallo skipjack. After installing your Mods, Game did not started. Removing them, it starts...........

skipjack578
08-31-18, 01:15 PM
Hallo skipjack. After installing your Mods, Game did not started. Removing them, it starts...........

Hi.
Everything works fine here :hmmm:
Do you have patched sh4.exe with a 4gb_patch.exe?

pitti
08-31-18, 02:19 PM
Yes, I did. But I found out that your Invirement-Mod is the reason, because I have Forks-Invirement installed. Maybe I change them. So, all works fine now. Thank you.............

skipjack578
09-01-18, 04:58 AM
:up:

jaxa
09-09-18, 06:36 AM
Kaleuns, what about progress of your work with translating from Russian to English files?
And second question - what are your plans for this awesome project? What upgrades are you working on?

Niume
09-09-18, 08:07 AM
Kaleuns, what about progress of your work with translating from Russian to English files?
And second question - what are your plans for this awesome project? What upgrades are you working on?
My progress has stopped. :( Real life stuff eats a lot of time.

skipjack578
09-09-18, 01:08 PM
I agree that KSDII is really awesome project.
Just an idea...maybe we can put the whole messagesGE text into an english translator and translate the whole thing?
I know that online translators are very limited to number of characters, but there are some professional software out there that can do that....
And then just copy paste it into messagesGE.txt?
Anyway just an idea...

J0313
09-09-18, 02:50 PM

I can do a few every so often. If we could get more people involved it would go a lot quicker.

jaxa
09-16-18, 12:44 PM
I play KSD II and it's very promised project imo :up:

Some observations:
1. Shift+I for automatic identification of ships seems to be inactive - how to identify ship automatically? there is no buton for it
2. Deck gun fires too fast, like modern OTO Melara Super Rapid :)
3. Binocular and UZO view is a bit too small
4. Don't know what for is the button at the left side in periscope view, below recogniton book button
5. how to reduce sensitivity of mouse in periscope view? rotation of periscope is too fast

dcb
09-17-18, 05:49 PM
Hi all,

I'm back after several years of silent running, because this mod really raised my interest. Here is one piece of info that could speed up translation, hopefully. I didn't verify it myself, but it's worth a try.

There is a small app that does batch translations of documents, called Document Translator by MS. Here is the link to its description: https://blogs.microsoft.com/firehose/2015/07/14/got-a-big-batch-of-files-document-translator-app-takes-down-language-barriers-fast/ It needs dotnet 4.6.1 installed. Using it, you could translate in one go all the 1300+ .tsr files that contain Russian text, if you rename them into .doc files.

The problem is that, in order to use the app, you need to create a Microsoft Azure account, which in turn asks for a credit card number. What kept me from trying, is that - although the developer says you can use the Translator for free and won't charge the card - I am reluctant to entrust them this piece of info. So if anyone is willing to try...

And btw, congratulations to all those involved in bringing new breath to this unjustly disregarded gem that is SH4. Keep up the good work :Kaleun_Salute:

J0313
09-30-18, 03:58 PM
Messages translated, 1-421

Niume
10-01-18, 12:32 PM
Messages translated, 1-421
Awesome, great job keep it up.:Kaleun_Salute:

Xall
11-27-20, 05:41 AM
Can anyone help me with the Uplay SH4.exe? I have the steam version but I read that does not work and I tried joining the discord but any link that I found was dead unfortunately.

Edit:
If you are having issue with the SH4.exe, find the original Russian version of the first KSD II, without the Adversaries in its title.
You may have to use google translate but downloading that version contains the Uplay exe version which you can copy and paste into the Adversaries version of KSD II and it will work.