PDA

View Full Version : singleplayer

olevolsing
12-30-17, 07:52 PM
Are there going to be a singleplayer mode in wolfpack?:ping:

THEBERBSTER
12-31-17, 05:20 AM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > olevolsing
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2027002&postcount=1)

DiddumsJ
12-31-17, 05:54 AM
Theyve said there will be an option to replace unfilled slots with AI on your sub, so basically you should be able to run the missions solo. If youre referring to a campaign like singleplayer story I dont think that will happen.

Aktungbby
12-31-17, 11:37 AM
DiddumsJ!:Kaleun_Salute:

CDR DPH
01-03-19, 09:16 AM
I'm in the market for a new and updated subsim and the promo video caught my eye. I choose not to do multiplayer anything and didn't find any reference to being able to play Wolfpack as a single player. I'll keep my eyes on this project but the lack of any reference to stand alone play, seems to rule out this title for me.

I may have missed the info I was looking for but clearly this is being marketed as requiring several players to operate each sub. The difficulty finding any reference to single player play (with or without other multiplayer subs on a server somewhere) seems to suggest that any ability for the single player to play would be kind of like an afterthought.

I can't imagine a product excluding the single player (I would think a substantial market share) from the experience just because one doesn't have 3 or 4 friends to play with or one doesn't wish their crew to be comprised of online strangers.

Good luck folks.

Alx_Novoros
01-03-19, 11:13 AM
guys our group is testing Wolfpack and we can already say that the game is done correctly and is developing in the right direction. single missions will break the whole principle and approach to the gameplay. but I'll tell you more, experienced players will be able to perform the task alone. and if there is a partner it is not a problem. a crew of five will be much more effective. the introduction of bots will spoil the gameplay and lose such qualities as mutual assistance and interaction of the crew. our team has been creating KSDII adversaries and we understand the importance of creating a realistic simulator.

CDR DPH
01-03-19, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the clarification and I respect the intent of the developers. I'll look elsewhere for my "death from below" fix.

Best of luck.

Relmu
01-05-19, 02:53 PM
It's entirely possible to run the HMS Marulken single handedly, not that it's easy of course, there's a lot of running around to be done.

In theory you only need sonar, helm and targeting. But as long as you have patience and know what to do and when there's no reason you can't take down the flotilla with just one person.

captgeo
03-14-19, 09:33 AM
No single player,this not good new's.:doh:

Justaguyinnc
03-14-19, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't mind MP Only..as long as I can man my own ship with bots.. and have my own server running the way I wish it to run.. I don't really care to co-pilot with others.. it never works out or gets boring. although I understand the concept.. I would hate to be stuck staring at the dive bubble while all the action is being done in other locations.. maybe a small view of what the Captain is seeing or rotation thru your crew in a small corner window? might make it more inclusive.. I dunno.

This did make me log back on subsim , which been a looong time... so thats something..:Kaleun_Cheers:

AS
03-17-19, 12:30 PM
the introduction of bots will spoil the gameplay and lose such qualities as mutual assistance and interaction of the crew.

Why? Multiplayers and Single Players would be sort of separated anyway I guess? So why not give those who wish for it a solo mode? You and your Friends wouldn´t be affected anyway.

Aktungbby
03-17-19, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't mind MP Only..as long as I can man my own ship with bots.. and have my own server running the way I wish it to run.. I don't really care to co-pilot with others.. it never works out or gets boring. although I understand the concept.. I would hate to be stuck staring at the dive bubble while all the action is being done in other locations.. maybe a small view of what the Captain is seeing or rotation thru your crew in a small corner window? might make it more inclusive.. I dunno.

This did make me log back on subsim , which been a looong time... so thats something..:Kaleun_Cheers:

Justaguyinnc ! :Kaleun_Salute: OUR PLOT WORKED; YOU'RE BACK!

Lasstmichdurch
03-17-19, 03:01 PM
For a little/better financial success Wolfpack needs imo an option to fill unmanned stations with KI and sadly until this, i think, too many people will stay away...

AS
03-17-19, 03:29 PM
For a little/better financial success Wolfpack needs imo an option to fill unmanned stations with KI and sadly until this, i think, too many people will stay away...

This. Apart from that: Wolfpack just FEELS so immersive and authentic, it should appeal to the general simulatuion Enthusiast at once. I hope it will be a commercial success, the Devs deserve it!

RoloIrrompible
03-17-19, 04:34 PM
guys our group is testing Wolfpack and we can already say that the game is done correctly and is developing in the right direction. single missions will break the whole principle and approach to the gameplay. but I'll tell you more, experienced players will be able to perform the task alone. and if there is a partner it is not a problem. a crew of five will be much more effective. the introduction of bots will spoil the gameplay and lose such qualities as mutual assistance and interaction of the crew. our team has been creating KSDII adversaries and we understand the importance of creating a realistic simulator.

:Kaleun_Applaud: I can't say it better!

THE_MASK
03-17-19, 06:40 PM
Why does it have to be so difficult to either choose a player or a bot for the slots .
Something like this.
http://i68.tinypic.com/23mmno2.jpg

Mork_417
03-17-19, 07:28 PM
It's entirely possible to run the HMS Marulken single handedly, not that it's easy of course, there's a lot of running around to be done.

In theory you only need sonar, helm and targeting. But as long as you have patience and know what to do and when there's no reason you can't take down the flotilla with just one person.

He is not wrong. :up:

I've been playing off-n-on all day today as a single crew man, and having a blast.
Results from my last outing:
https://i.imgur.com/rBaciTih.png

jaromaz
03-25-19, 10:10 AM
You can play missions in the private lobby on your own. It requires some work, but it gives a lot of satisfaction. Of course, there is a little lack of crew, but I can live with it :)

KOCATKA
03-30-19, 07:03 PM
the idea of playing with a team is very good, but I would also like to see a single player game, with a team of players it is possible in co-op or multiplayer, but a single player game would be great to have, good luck to the developers.

Ulrich Kröpke
04-05-19, 08:53 PM
The suggestion of Sober to implement a possibility to play as a single player is very good. I think a lot of more people would buy the Wolfpack game, if it has a Single player modus.

THEBERBSTER
04-06-19, 04:57 AM
Hi UK
Seconded :salute:
Peter

Elphaba
04-06-19, 06:38 AM
From my perspective this is not a good single player game; can it be done sure, but that’s not where the game shines.

This is a ww2 sub version of Star Trek Bridge Crew, non vr of course. This has more complexity of controls but not as much variation or scenarios.

However whilst Star Trek Bridge Crew is doable but awful in single player, it’s revolutionary in multiplayer. Sure, most gamers are awful jerks trying to be funny or stupid, but get a good crew and it’s transformative.

Anyone wanting to single player this should look to Uboat, although I’d hate to drive sales away considering the immense hard work the dev team and Neal have put into this. But it’s never going to be a great single player game.

Captain_AJ
04-06-19, 02:57 PM

I would encourage all to play the game as a co-op, all the things you have learned while playing SH3,4,5 are shared with a crew in wolfpack! esp when u have played with the principles of handling the u-boat as a single player in SH, series