PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Campaign Update uploaded in the Downloads Gameplay Mods section.

LTJGBeam
07-03-17, 01:55 PM
Thanks to all who have downloaded my 2004 Campaign! I have just added an update.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=5258

Mod Update: Thanks to Smokeykane's post on the Quick and Dirty 688(i), I have used his technique to remove the sailplanes from the SSN-21 and SSN-751 Flt III models sail and put bow planes on both subs. It's not perfect because the sailplane fairings are still present on the 3D Model, but it's a good fix until Killerfish releases actual Seawolf and LA fLT III models. A big thanks to Smokeykane for the tip!

And a "Thank You!" to LeopardDriver as well for the kind comments!

@LeopardDriver --

What settings have you used for theCavitationParameters= values?

Mine are set to CavitationParameters=21,-330 in the latest update, changed from the original CavitationParameters=25,-100...

Neither is working exactly as I wanted.

YoYo
07-03-17, 03:56 PM
Hi,
Thank You. I didnt notice it. Will try for sure.
Did You test it in 1.05 beta?

LTJGBeam
07-03-17, 05:09 PM
Hi,
Thank You. I didnt notice it. Will try for sure.
Did You test it in 1.05 beta?

It has only been tested in 1.05 for about 3 - 4 hours of time by just myself. About 35+ hours in 1.04 versions. I have updated datafiles as updates came out so hopefully now problems. If you hit problems, let me know, and I will resolve ASAP!

Salvo Regards!

max-peck
07-04-17, 03:55 PM
Thanks LTJGBeam

You should really put a thread in the Mods Forum to announce this (I had a look but couldn't see one)

If anyone is interested jive Turkey is doing a playthrough of this mod - looks very interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WOEDm74Cxk

Berserker
07-05-17, 12:41 AM
Watching Jive Turkey video's and I am convinced we need a TMO 2.5 control panel...Just and idea in the conditions view we could make it as a depth gauge you left click on a depth and your sub goes there...Use the telegraph in TMO for speed and the compass for rudder control..Just my $0.02 worth...

YoYo
07-06-17, 01:09 AM
Hi,
downloaded but, I read readme and ... I dont like overwrite orginal files (especially when we have 1.05b now). So this mod is JSGME ready too ? :shucks:

Wiz33
07-06-17, 10:49 AM
Hi,
downloaded but, I read readme and ... I dont like overwrite orginal files (especially when we have 1.05b now). So this mod is JSGME ready too ? :shucks:

You don't need to overwrite the original files, you put the overwrite folder in the same directory location and the game will select it if it was detected. If you want to go back to original, then just delete or move the overwrite folder to another location.

Wiz33
07-06-17, 10:51 AM
Watching Jive Turkey video's and I am convinced we need a TMO 2.5 control panel...Just and idea in the conditions view we could make it as a depth gauge you left click on a depth and your sub goes there...Use the telegraph in TMO for speed and the compass for rudder control..Just my $0.02 worth...

Devs are working on a helm control panel where you can just enter course, depth and speed.

LTJGBeam
07-06-17, 12:22 PM
Hi,

You don't need to overwrite the original files, you put the overwrite folder in the same directory location and the game will select it if it was detected. If you want to go back to original, then just delete or move the overwrite folder to another location.

Wiz33 is correct, just copy the "override" folder into the StreamingAssets folder where the "default" folder resides.

The original game files are all in the "default" folder, my mod is entirely contained in the "override" folder. Nothing in the "default" folder is overwritten.

Hope this addresses your concerns. And enjoy!

LeopardDriver
07-06-17, 01:15 PM
Devs are working on a helm control panel where you can just enter course, depth and speed.

Hopefully just a simple key board input will be there as well! Like in the original RSR, you jest needed to push F9 and three digits for depth and F10 and three for the course.

:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

I want that! Also a key for the ships info panel, dammit...

Wiz33
07-06-17, 02:02 PM
Hopefully just a simple key board input will be there as well! Like in the original RSR, you jest needed to push F9 and three digits for depth and F10 and three for the course.

:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

I want that! Also a key for the ships info panel, dammit...

I certainly would not mind seeing the RSR keyboard overlay being used in CW. Just need someone to make a new cutout that I can download and print ;-)

LTJGBeam
07-08-17, 03:42 PM
I've been asked a couple of times about merging this MOD with others. At this time, I am not willing to do that. The main reason, is that it will make determining if any issues that come up are in this Mod, or one of the merged Mods difficult...

I would prefer to keep this mod separate, until I have finished implementing all the components, and have guaranteed that it is stable.

Read the following in the 1.05b patchnote:

"Number of functional torpedo tubes no longer limited to 6"

Does that mean we'll see 8 tubes in the Seawolf

Thanks to Wiz33 for bringing this to my attention:

That means I've added Tubes 7 & 8 to the Seawolf for the 2004 Campaign and have uploaded the newest update to the 2004 Campaign MOD.

There are multiple reports on the reload display issue. I can verify that on my PC as well. I am not sure if that is something I can fix, or if KILLERFISH will need to correct it. I can fire all 8 tubes and reload all 8 tubes but tubes 7 & 8 do NOT display the selected weapon when you are selecting what to reload. The game does do the reload animation sequence and display the loaded weapon when the reload animation completes.

Since there are no reload parms in the .TXT files, we may need to wait for KILLERFISH to correct this. I will do what I can in the meantime. For now I will leave the tube 7/8 active in the MOD.

I also am using this update to improve the "look" of the Seawolf in the MOD.

Seawolf has a Sail forward and stubbier appearance. She is wider than the LA and shorter as well. Because of this I've changed to using the Narwhal as the base model since it has a Sail Forward design too. I also turned off the TB-16 Towed Array/support tube graphic and the WLR-9 on the model to give her cleaner lines. Let me know what you think.

I've also squashed a few bugs that Jive Turkey has hit in his live streams (I think.) Files should now be completely in sync with 1.05b. I believe the "Flying Dutchman" Ship was caused because my campaign was written during the 1.03 - 1.04 time frame and a couple of files were out of sync.

I have not been able to replicate the Flying Sub. But that appears to have been squashed bt KILLERFISH in the 1.05b patch. The 1.05b patch notes contains the following notation:

Fixed a bug where sub riding too high in the water could "hover"

Weapons.txt being synced to 1.05b for example seems to have resolved a couple of glitches I had noticed. An example is you should no longer see a black screen behind the Kotlin Class in the Unit Reference. Syncing weapons.txt to 1.05b resolved that issue.

NOTE: IF YOU LOAD THIS CAMPAIGN MOD UPDATE AND ARE ALREADY PARTWAY THROUGH A CAMPAIGN, YOU WILL NEED TO START A NEW CAMPAIGN AND OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING CAMPAIGN. IF YOU TRY TO LOAD USING A CAMPAIGN FROM THE OLDER VERSION, IT WILL FREEZE THE GAME. I HAVE VERIFIED THIS. SO YOU MAY WANT TO FINISH YOUR CURRENT PLAY-THRU IF YOU ARE REALLY FAR ALONG.

Here's an image of the new Seawolf:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1115&pictureid=9504

snowmaninurface
07-08-17, 05:54 PM
Hey guys, don't know if it's just me or what but it won't let me download this mod. A prompt keeps popping up saying how I need to wait another however many seconds before I can download anything else and I didn't even download anything to begin with. And then after I try a few times the message will pop up saying I've exceeded my downloads for the day. It's the second day in a row it's done this and it's getting pretty frustrating. Help! thanks

LTJGBeam
07-14-17, 02:51 PM
Hey guys, don't know if it's just me or what but it won't let me download this mod. A prompt keeps popping up saying how I need to wait another however many seconds before I can download anything else and I didn't even download anything to begin with. And then after I try a few times the message will pop up saying I've exceeded my downloads for the day. It's the second day in a row it's done this and it's getting pretty frustrating. Help! thanks

I sent the Moderator an e-mail asking if he could help you resolve the download issue. Hopefully he can help you out.

LTJGBeam
07-14-17, 02:53 PM
Mod Update # 3:
Land War updated to match the Campaign Backstory. Extensive changes to the Campaign Map. All mission orders/events should now refer to Russia/Russian Federation instead of Soviets/Warsaw Pact. Adjusted some mission's number of enemy vessels since there are more capable units in 2004. Still issues with the Tube 7&8 reloads, but we will have to wait for Killerfish Games to address that. I left Tubes 7&8 active on SSN-21.

This Campaign is now relatively finished. I will attempt to address any issues reported, and I will keep it in sync with any patches released. Next up, I'm going to attempt a full blown 2004 Russian Campaign using the knowledge I've gained creating this. It may take a while though...

Thanks for all the support.

max-peck
07-14-17, 02:57 PM
This Campaign is now relatively finished. I will attempt to address any issues reported, and I will keep it in sync with any patches released

Thanks for your hard work mate - really enjoying this mod :salute:

I'm going to attempt a full blown 2004 Russian Campaign using the knowledge I've gained creating this..

Very mush looking forward to this - good luck:up:

mhj1992
07-15-17, 11:48 AM
Ive played a little. I keep encountering helos in odd places ( no surface ships around, near the UK and off the coast of the southern part of Norway) dont know if thats a bug or not :doh:

LTJGBeam
07-15-17, 05:02 PM
Ive played a little. I keep encountering helos in odd places ( no surface ships around, near the UK and off the coast of the southern part of Norway) dont know if thats a bug or not :doh:

Are you in a combat mission? For some of the sub only missions, there is a chance for aircraft to be spawned... That is in the Vanilla game as well, and I didn't change that.

If it is happening when you are not in combat, then it could be a bug.

mhj1992
07-16-17, 08:52 AM
Its in combat missions, where i am hunting subs off in what should be friendly waters. I havent seen the bug in the vanilla game in quite some time in my experience (Maybe as far back as v 1.03

LTJGBeam
07-16-17, 01:46 PM
Its in combat missions, where i am hunting subs off in what should be friendly waters. I havent seen the bug in the vanilla game in quite some time in my experience (Maybe as far back as v 1.03

Ok, I will check the sub missions. I know there are random Helos, and Aircraft in some of those. I believe they are there to simulate nearby land bases for encounters near the Russian Coast. But it may be something else, so I'll check.

All the missions in the mod were cloned from the 1.05b release to pick up any fixes installed. I also didn't change any of the aircraft sections of the files, so I am interested in what is causing this.

Thanks for the report.

mhj1992
07-17-17, 06:40 PM
No worries, I appreciate the effort you have put into this. I figured it was part of the teething process.

Also, I am having an issue now of actually starting a new campaign in coldwaters. the 2004 option appears as normal, but if i try to click start or load nothing happens. If I try to use the 84 or 68 option it works as normal

Skyhigh
07-19-17, 03:27 AM
Is this campaign more difficult/challenging than 1984?

I don't like the 1968 style much - well I just dislike the 37s ;) - , but 1984 is way too easy.

ChaosphereIX
07-19-17, 06:34 AM
you have more capable opponents, and they do seem to be very aggressive

so yes, but also you are driving a Seawolf...

Wiz33
07-19-17, 11:07 AM
Is this campaign more difficult/challenging than 1984?

I don't like the 1968 style much - well I just dislike the 37s ;) - , but 1984 is way too easy.

Enemy AI improved on ver 1.06 just released.

Skyhigh
07-19-17, 11:48 AM
Enemy AI improved on ver 1.06 just released.

Ah but there is nothing in that patch about improved enemy AI tactics or torp evasion.
Just that they dont run themselves into the floor or crush depth.

They still seek refuge on the surface in 1.06 or still cant do proper torp evasion.

Sadly.

Wiz33
07-26-17, 11:09 PM
Any problem with the latest patch (1.06b)?

LTJGBeam
08-06-17, 12:38 AM
Any problem with the latest patch (1.06b)?

None that I've encountered. I've been using 1.06b extensively since it came out.

LTJGBeam
08-06-17, 12:41 AM
Work continues on the 2004 MOD. Up next, Sea Lance, a whole new 2004 Russian Campaign, improvements in the models, thanks to Goldfish and his Pump Jet tweek.

New Russian 2004 Campaign Map:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1115&pictureid=9535

Sea Wolf Model now has Pump Jet:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1115&pictureid=9539

Los Angeles Flt III now has External Countermeasures pods. (Just for looks. for now...):
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1115&pictureid=9538

Creating Modified Models for USN, RN, and Royal Norwegian Navy Surface Ships and Subs as opponents for Russian 2004 Campaign. Here's an O. H. PERRY Class FFG with her distinctive single arm Mk 13 Missile Launcher:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1115&pictureid=9530

LTJGBeam
08-20-17, 03:00 PM
Mod Update # 4: Date:08/20/2017 12:59 PM Mountain Std Time

Added USS VIRGINIA-class SSN 774. While only USS Virginia was in commission in 2004, in the interest of playability, I have made all of the Block I SSN-774 available in the 2004 Campaign. I have to thank Goldfish716 for coming up with his Pump Jet technique. It vastly improves the look of VIRGINIA and SEAWOLF (as well as other subs in the mod)!

Tubes 7 & 8 should now be working properly on Seawolf, Akula, and Sierra. Thanks to KILLERFISH GAMES for the fix on that.

Added the UUM-125A Sea Lance to the 2004 Campaigns. While cancelled in reality, in the conjectural WWIII of COLD WATERS, it has been highly requested in the Mod. Thanks to LeopardDriver, The Bandit, and ETR2(SS) here on SUBSIM.COM for supplying the information that got this working completely!

Added the Royal Navy to the 2004 NATO Campaign. Swiftsure=class SSN, Trafalgar-class SSN, Upholder-class SS are playable. Based out of Holy Loch/Falsane.

Updated SSN 21 Seawolf model to add the Pump Jet using Goldfish716's Technique. Thanks again to him for coming up with the technique, and for designing the spreadsheet that make implementing this a breeze.

Added a new RUSSIAN 2004 Campaign that exists alongside the the original campaigns, and the 2004 NATO Campaign. Same back story as 2004 Campaign, but played from Russian POV. Akula I, Akula II, Sierra I, Sierra II, Victor III, Victor II, Alpha class SSN's and Kilo, Tango class SS are Playable. Home Port is Murmansk, and Opponents are US, UK, and Norwegian Vessels and Submarines (modified from the Russian Surface Ships and Subs, since we can't access the models, but with modifications made using existing components).

All Modded Subs and Ships should now properly display damage when hit by weapons.

This Mod Update has been tested/synced with the 1.07c Beta Update. Please report any glitches encountered.

LeopardDriver
08-20-17, 06:19 PM
Looks like excellent work. I have been playing the 2004 campaign for a while.

With this new update I was trying the soviet side and I was quite surprised that I had to fight soviet subs. Is that intended?

LTJGBeam
08-20-17, 07:19 PM
Which mission were you playing? I may have missed a mission on the conversion. In the 2004 Russian Campaign opponents should be US, UK, and Norwegian. So if you have a Russian opponent, something is out of sync.

LTJGBeam
08-20-17, 10:41 PM
Anyone who downloaded the Mod earlier today will need to re-download. Apparently a problem occurred in the upload. I updated campaign and re-uploaded the Mod. Please try re-downloading, and installing. Worked when I downloaded just now.

Let me know if it works for you. Sorry for any inconvenience.

LTJGBeam
08-22-17, 10:23 PM
Mod Update # 4a: Date:08/22/2017

Hot Fix to resolve an intermittent crash when attempting to classify SIERRA II in the Campaign. Thanks to ChaosphereIX for reporting this.

Also renamed the Mod to: 2004 Campaign (NATO and RUSSIAN).

This mod started as a Seawolf, Los Angeles Flt II & Flt III Mod ad grew from there. So the Title had gotten a little confusing!

Link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=5258

LTJGBeam
09-04-17, 09:51 PM
2004 Campaign has been moved to Missions and Maps folder in the Downloads section.

I originally uploaded to the Game Play folder, but when I went to update with the latest patch, it is gone.

Did a search of Downloads, and it is now in Missions and Maps?

Anyways, updated the mod to hopefully fix the mission freeze on entry/exit. Let me know if you continue to have the issue.

Mod Update # 5: Date:09/04/2017
Fix for the intermittent game freeze during a mission or after completing a mission. Took a while to duplicate, but hopefully this is corrected now.

Further improvements to the models in the mod. Tweaked and refined Pump Jets on several sub models.

Finished the Modelling of the Nimitz Class CVN in the Russian Campaign, so now the Carrier looks more like an American CVN. It's a little clunky, but for now it'll have to do.

Made the OHIO-class SSGN Refit playable in the 2004 NATO Campaign, per player requests.

Several mission and ship descriptions corrected for spelling and clarity.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1115&pictureid=9580

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1115&pictureid=9581

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1115&pictureid=9582

LTJGBeam
09-06-17, 10:55 PM
Mod Update # 5a: Date:09/06/2017
Hot Fix for typos in mission files. These may be the cause the intermittent game freeze during a mission or after completing a mission. One was in SSBN_PATROL_1 of the Russian Campaign, and may also account for the reported issue with the SSBN Patrol mission not ending correctly.

As always, let me know if any issues occur.

LTJGBeam
09-17-17, 02:22 PM
Mod Update # 6: Date:09/17/2017 04:45 PM
Sync weapons, sensors, aircraft, vessel, and dictionary files for changes in 1.08.

LTJGBeam
09-17-17, 06:52 PM
Re-uploaded to correct missing value in dictionary file for WIRES.

LTJGBeam
09-21-17, 03:17 PM
Mod Update # 6a: Date:09/21/2017
Fixes for changed propeller size on Seawolf and Virginia, other Model fixes for changes in the base models, and a fix for the missing usn_mk45_description in 1.08b.

Thanks to those who reported the missing description file issue. I hope I solved it by copying the file from the default folder. Hate to do that, because then there are duplicates for a file that hasn't been modded from the default and if the default is changed in the future the mod will then be out of sync unnecessarily... But it should solve the issue for now. Once 1.08 is finalized I will see if it can be removed. :)

Wiz33
09-21-17, 04:03 PM
Thanks for all your hard work.

Maxdeffect
09-21-17, 06:08 PM
Everytime I try to add the 2004 mod and I did follow the instructions to the T, I keep getting "usn_mk45_description.txt is missing" and it's missing in the default folder.

Any ideas?

LTJGBeam
09-21-17, 07:56 PM
Everytime I try to add the 2004 mod and I did follow the instructions to the T, I keep getting "usn_mk45_description.txt is missing" and it's missing in the default folder.

Any ideas?

Sorry. I am unable to duplicate this error on my machine. The usn_mk45_description.txt is now included in the mod itself, so it should find it successfully.

What version of the game is this happening with. I just noticed, they have updated to 1.08c so I may need to sync files again.

Which specific version is this happening to you in?

LTJGBeam
09-22-17, 12:39 PM
Mod Update # 6b: Date:09/22/2017
Fixes for more model changes in the base models in 1.08c. I had to uninstall and reinstall COLD WATERS, update to Beta 1.08c, then add the 2004 Mod to get everything working correctly.

LTJGBeam
09-22-17, 02:39 PM
Mod Update # 6c: Date:09/22/2017 1240
Fixes for Seawolf model due to minor changes in the Narwhal base model in 1.08c. I had to uninstall and reinstall COLD WATERS, update to Beta 1.08c, then add the 2004 Mod to get everything working correctly.

Sorry I didn't catch this earlier today. :(

LTJGBeam
09-22-17, 10:27 PM
Mod Update # 6d: Date:09/22/2017 2220
Fixes for Los Angeles based Flt II & III models due to minor changes in the base model in 1.08c. This should be the last of the subs needing fixing. Next up the Surface Ships. That will take a while, but appears purely cosmetic...

Mod should be pretty stable again. Let me know if issues occur in this thread.

Download is at: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=5258

LTJGBeam
01-02-18, 10:22 PM
Update Date: 01/02/2018 8:09 PM

2004 Campaigns for NATO and Russia sync'ed for 1.09e.

Sorry it took so long, but November and December are busy months at my RL Programming job. Large projects due for the new calendar year.

As always, let me know of any problems discovered.

LTJGBeam
06-04-18, 09:03 PM
Mod Update # 8: Date:06/04/2018
Resync'd for Update 1.15.
Replaced the SEAWOLF and VIRGINIA Models with the official SEAWOLF model released by Killerfish Games in 1.12.
Replaced the LOS ANGELES Flt II and LOS ANGELES Flt III models with he official models released by Killerfish Games in 1.12.
Reworked ULA and HAUK Models.
Added SEVERODVINSK (YASEN) Class to both NATO and RUSSIAN 2004 North Atlantic Campaigns).
Cleanup of general campaign files, and general 1.15 sync.

As always, let me know of any problems encountered.

LTJGBeam
06-06-18, 12:53 AM
Mod Update # 8a: Date: 06/05/2018

Corrected issue causing YASEN CLASS props to not rotate.

More work on the ULA model based on information from someone who served aboard the class.

Thanks for the bug reports! :)

LTJGBeam
06-22-18, 08:10 PM
Looks like the 2004 Campaign is going into drydock again. The latest new update 1.15c will require me to resync the files again. KILLERFISH made some exciting changes...

LTJGBeam
06-24-18, 01:32 PM
Resync'd the 2004 Campaign for Update 1.15d.

All files resync'd.
Updated Ula Class with Harpoon, TASM, and TLAM capability based on input from an Ula Submariner. It also makes Ula able to complete the TLAM Mission in the Campaign, so BONUS!
Added North Atlantic 2004 NATO vs Russia
North Atlantic 2004 Russia vs NATO
to the Quick Mission Selections. All 2004 Campaign NATO and Russian Units now usable in the Quick Mission Editor.

As always, please report any issues encountered.

CDR DPH
06-26-18, 06:24 AM
A quick note to say thanks. A great campaign and I anxiously await your 2018 campaign when it's done.

[Close the screen door and make depth one five zero feet]

LTJGBeam
06-29-18, 08:08 PM
Mod Update # 9a: Date:06/29/2018

Updated Ula Class to remove active sonar based on input from an Ula Submariner. Thanks LCDR for your continued help on the Ula. Note: The game didn't like just setting ActiveSonarModel=FALSE to accomplish this (probably because the HUD has a hardcoded button for active mode) so I had to get a little creative. It appears to be working. Let me know if any issues occur.

Fixed a couple of ship name typos in 2004 Russian campaign. This may have been the cause of the blank mission screens in the campaign.

Akula II and Sierra II submarines should propelry display now in the signatures panel in the campaign as well.

Added the OHIO SSGN back into the 2004 Campaign as a playable sub.

Added UK and Norwegian Subs to playable subs in Quick Missions 2004 option.

As always, let me know of any issues encountered.

XenonSurf
06-30-18, 07:48 AM
I appreciate your high activity in updating this mod, LTJGBeam :up:
I hope you have succeeded in wiping out this 'blank mission screen' .

Cheers!

LTJGBeam
06-30-18, 11:42 AM
I appreciate your high activity in updating this mod, LTJGBeam :up:
I hope you have succeeded in wiping out this 'blank mission screen' .

Cheers!

Thanks. Glad you're enjoying it.

I hope the blank screens are wiped out as well. I really miss the CampaignDebugOnLoad=TRUE setting in the Config file. It made development/updates a lot easier. Hopefully KILLERFISH will fix the issues the South China Sea code changes introduced to the debugger.

CDR DPH
07-02-18, 09:21 AM
I saw a couple of blank screens while playing NA2004 yesterday. If I remember correctly, they occurred after I failed to reach my target objective in time to perform the assigned mission. (See http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2559641&postcount=114 for why I was late to the party)

Once I received orders to return to Holy Loch to repair/rearm when I had no damage and a full weapons load out.

LTJGBeam
07-02-18, 04:02 PM
I saw a couple of blank screens while playing NA2004 yesterday. If I remember correctly, they occurred after I failed to reach my target objective in time to perform the assigned mission. (See http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2559641&postcount=114 for why I was late to the party)

Once I received orders to return to Holy Loch to repair/rearm when I had no damage and a full weapons load out.

I assume you are playing the NATO 2004 North Atlantic campaign since you mention Holy Loch.

I will check on the settings for the various mission failures, and see if I can find anything that might be causing the blank screens.

The speed on the Campaign map is based on the speed of the first vessel in the Campaign's summary.txt file if I remember correctly. Both the Virginia and Yasen for the 2004 NA Russian campaign are 35 knot boats, but I will see if I can duplicate the slowness issue you report. You could bump the SubmergedSpeed=35 of the boats to SubmergedSpeed=40 in their vessel files. If you do this, also increase the last entry in the TelegraphSpeeds= to 40 as well. That should give you a bit more speed on the Strategic Map at the cost of some realism. :)

If you are not pausing in your sprints you may be hitting undetected surface and submerged ASW groups in your transits. I typically switch between LMB and RMB to slow down occasionally when transiting. This seems to help with locating enemy groups. Stopping completely occasionally also helps. I have not really changed anything in the non-player missions sections for the campaign, so I am not sure what is causing the large number of intercepts you reported. I will see if I can duplicate those as well.

Thanks for the reports, and I'll see if I can find these.

CDR DPH
07-02-18, 10:49 PM
Thx for your efforts. I really enjoy playing your campaigns.

LTJGBeam
07-04-18, 03:24 PM
Mod Update # 9b: Date:07/04/2018
Resync of files for 1.15e.

This update resync's the files to ver. 1.15e. Let me know of any issues encountered.

Also, any additional details on missions preceding a blank mission scenario would be appreciated. I am not 100% sure this issue is resolved, but I haven't had luck duplicating it.

Thanks!

Action Stations!
07-11-18, 02:46 AM
Hi LTJGbeam, great mod, love playing the Russians. Damn those ADCAPS, but even more, those British torps are mad.

One thing I have noticed with the massively variable loadout available to the Yasen class, is that there is nowhere on the loadout screeen to load / unload VLS.

Have I missed something?

Also is it possible to mod the Shkval torpedo?

Thanks for a great mod, makes a world of difference.

BlackHat
12-09-18, 02:30 AM
Was going to install the mod and realized there were a lot of files in the override folder. (Naturally) But I had been expecting them to be in the Campaign004 or 005 folder.

But there are not.

Do the overrides effect the other starting year campaigns? or JUST to the 2004 campaign?

Thanks,
BlackHat

kylefarrell
12-23-18, 06:18 PM
Hi All,

First post to SubSim. Starting with a fresh install of this terrific game, upon loading the 2004 Campaign, I'm prompted with the below linked error (screenshot in link) . Any advice?

https://ibb.co/fQjpbyc

Thanks all!

Aktungbby
12-23-18, 08:33 PM
kylefarrel!:Kaleun_Salute:

CDR DPH
12-25-18, 12:52 PM
Lots of useful information available here if you get comfortable searching for it. I know it's easier just to ask, but searching is often much faster than waiting for some kind soul to write a reply.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238314

LTJGBeam
02-12-19, 10:23 PM
Mod Update # 10: Date: 02/12/2019
Fixes missing AWARD.TXT issue.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=cat&id=106

Sorry for the delay in resolving this. Real life work has kept me busy for quite a few months.

Wiz33
02-19-19, 11:34 AM
Thanks for all your work. RL should get priority :)

LTJGBeam
06-30-19, 03:54 PM
Mod Update # 11: 06/30/2019
Upload to correct Damage Control Screen issue. Let me know if the problem continues. It appears something got screwed up/corrupted on the last upload.

NeonsStyle
07-08-19, 12:54 PM
Works great, thanks LT