PDA

View Full Version : Missing Yankee submarine and Kotlin destroyer in Signature (NO BUG)

Sharpshooter
06-24-17, 08:23 AM
Hello.

As the title says, both the Yankee class submarine and Kotlin class destroyer are missing from the signatures tab. I can't find either one of them.

I can see them in the Unit Reference however.

I checked the game files, and their names are in the _"vessel_list.txt" file, and their specific text files also exists.

The image for their respective signatures also exists in the files, and yet the vessels themselves are nowhere to be found in the signatures tab when playing.

Can anyone else confirm?

AndyLorentz
06-24-17, 10:57 AM
Yep, I just went through the list in game, they are missing

Ramius
06-24-17, 11:14 AM
They are there, it just depends on what mission you are using :arrgh!:

https://puu.sh/wt6XP/916eac4362.png

The possible units that will appear in the signatures tab can be found in the text file for each mission at the end listed in the "OtherVessels=" part.

Sharpshooter
06-24-17, 11:37 AM
Ooooooh! Thanks!

Nikita
06-25-17, 03:43 PM
It's related of the year you are. In 1984 Campaign there are no Yankees (at least in the Soviet side :haha:)

Onkel Neal
06-25-17, 06:17 PM
Good catch :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Nikita
06-29-17, 04:44 AM
For you, Neal :Kaleun_Salute:
From Tom Clancy's book "Red Storm Rising" (https://books.google.es/books?id=LHbigwXO4s0C&printsec=frontcover&hl=ca#v=onepage&q&f=false):

"Beginning today, as a sign of good faith which we challenge the United States and any other interested nation to match, the Soviet Union will remove from service an entire class of nuclear-powered missile submarines. These submarines are known to the West as the Yankee class. We call them something else, of course."

Onkel Neal
06-29-17, 06:12 AM
Nikita, you've just given me the urge to go back and re-read RSR and HFRO, if I can find them in my storage container. :03:

Nikita
06-29-17, 07:16 AM
Great Tom Clancy! First time played in 1991, RSR arrived to the 21st century HD laptop, just one or two years ago. I think CW is a worthy successor.

Nangleator
06-29-17, 08:34 AM
I've re-read RSR so many times, I now pick just one plotline and only read that. Next read-through, I pick another plotline. He's got it broken out clearly like that.