PDA

View Full Version : UBOOT - new game

Duplaga
05-07-16, 08:57 AM
http://playway.com/news-eng/499-uboot-trailer there is a trailer

and the Kickstarter page

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1752350052/uboot-a-ww2-survival-sandbox?ref=nav_search

THEBERBSTER
05-07-16, 09:46 AM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Duplaga
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2033119%23post2033119)
Highly Recommended SH5 > The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2165720&postcount=1)
Highly Recommended > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=220285)

Aktungbby
05-07-16, 10:40 AM
Duplaga!:Kaleun_Salute:

Onkel Neal
05-07-16, 12:07 PM
Cool, posted on the Subsim News page.

Dowly
05-07-16, 12:19 PM
Sort of reminds me of B-17 and B-17 II.

The game looks pretty fleshed out, wonder why they need the Kickstarter for?
(Playway.com is also the publisher of Car Mechanic I believe)

Jimbuna
05-08-16, 05:43 AM
Looks pretty good matey....welcome to SubSim :salute:

Vince82
05-09-16, 04:26 AM
No SH6, but Uboot? This game deserves our support.

Play way an deep water studio like the idea of a u boat being bombed and damage repair and crew interaction being the main focus. But for most the hunt and sinking ships is what counts.

cherbert
05-09-16, 12:09 PM
Where did it go?

Diopos
05-09-16, 01:10 PM
Try this:
http://playway.com/news-eng/499-uboot-trailer

Onkel Neal
05-09-16, 03:42 PM
and the Kickstarter page

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1752350052/uboot-a-ww2-survival-sandbox

I kicked in $100 on behalf of Subsim. I will add to that in a couple weeks.

It looks like a fun game, a different flavor from the first person perspective. Would love to see this game succeed.

Camaero
05-10-16, 02:26 AM
I kicked in a bit too. Looks awesome.

W_clear
05-10-16, 03:18 AM
This game deserves our support.

ThaineFurrows
05-10-16, 04:13 AM
I was sceptical at first, because it looked to arcade. But I think it's a very interesting concept after reading the description, and understanding that they are focusing more on the crew and less on a simulating the U-boat.

That's an aspect I'm missing in Silent Hunter.

Mud
05-10-16, 06:16 AM
I want to back this, but only through Paypal :hmmm:

Onkel Neal
05-10-16, 08:42 AM
I was sceptical at first, because it looked to arcade. But I think it's a very interesting concept after reading the description, and understanding that they are focusing more on the crew and less on a simulating the U-boat.

That's an aspect I'm missing in Silent Hunter.

That' what makes the game interesting, it will be a new slant on U-Boat war. :yep:

Mud, if you want, you can send the contribution to me via PP and I will pass it on to Kickstarter.

LG
05-10-16, 08:46 AM
I was a bit skeptical first but there may be some mileage in this. Plus, it is not as if we have a lot of new releases in the submarine department so that alone is a reason to support this (just did it).

Vince82
05-10-16, 12:53 PM
From Play Way:

@SUBSIM Thanks! We appreciate your support and would love to hear suggestions from subsim veterans about our game. Iron is still hot!
Realistic aerial attacks already seen in the trailer and much better than silent hunter.

Aircraft are the most feared enemy, they could appear without previous warning out of the clouds or with the sun behind. In Silent Hunter the crew will spot planes as soon as they will come in visual range. You almost always have enough time to dive.

Uboot
https://youtu.be/6HdO2raBwCE?t=1m42s

USN training film on aerial attacks
https://youtu.be/gnkwoO7uBEE?t=9m2s

Realistic vs Arcade damage (optional?) :D
https://youtu.be/M2RyqWIcjB4

Eichhörnchen
05-11-16, 06:14 AM
What a unique perspective; love the music and the graphics (yes, especially well done aircraft, Vince82) :salute:

makman94
05-11-16, 04:52 PM
....:hmmm:....''commanding the boat means managing the crew.''

i don't know guys...it seems that noone is willing to get the task and create a real good simulator

I am looking forward for this (or for every uboat game may come out) and i hope ,as this is a kickstarter project, to find its way to sim direction. Either than that , it will be just a fun game with no future endurance

My last hope is V-I-C (who is showing that is doing a very very good work so far to this direction)

Onkel Neal
05-11-16, 07:52 PM
Development updates:

We've added German voice-over to our stretch goals! Thanks for your suggestions.

@thomas herzog: I remember that part of Das Boot. Beardy GIF is coming!

@Jon_VG: We will comply with your request on camera options - this is a good suggestion, thanks!

@Shane Sedgwick: Some skins will be based on real-life ships, some will be just for fun. You are welcome to post your requests.

@Jeff McVay and @Crazy_Borg: Our current design is pretty close, but we also experiment with a checkpoint system. Can't say for sure what solution we will leave at the end, but ironman will be there.

@Oskar Adolfsson: Yes, shooting the cook is implemented already. It will raise trauma though. And you will need a new cook.

@Ian Mal: Let's hope we will met the target :)

@Sarblade: Yes, we will develop our water system further to add such effects. This stuff is a must have.

@Lafouge Olivier: Yes, we plan to include missions in a wolfpack and with other allies like airplanes. That makes it very important to have a skilled radiotelegraphist to keep up with the ongoing communication with your allies.

- Marek, DWS

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1752350052/uboot-a-ww2-survival-sandbox/comments

JgzMan
05-12-16, 09:23 AM
I have a strict rule against backing digital goods on Kickstarter.

Well, rules are made to be broken.

harag
05-12-16, 05:22 PM
Wow, been out of the sub games for a while now as nothing new has come up (still waiting on SH6....) This UBOOT looks quite good fun and it does look like there is some first person to it too, would love to see more of the game play that the trailer shows, but what the hell... I'll back it! - We need to keep this game type alive!

Onkel Neal
05-13-16, 02:11 PM
Some cool dev art, nice water effects
https://giphy.com/gifs/l0K4emMZ04fzUFoJy

Vince82
05-15-16, 02:38 PM
kickstarter comment from playway about targeting ships:

Our current implementation is that you need to select your targets either manually by periscope or on the tactical map and then the tracking is started. The better the crew that you have at the observation spot or the periscope the better your hit chance becomes over a time. I think that this is a pretty good approach that fits our crew-centric take on the simulation and models many real-life factors. It will let you try to hit submerged submarines (U-864) and even shoot blindly using hydroacoustic data.
We still keep discussing that, if we should implement manual solution computations to it as well. We will probably have to ask backers at some point about this.. if the campaign will be successful and thus we will keep the possibility to continue our work on the game.

Giesemaschine
05-17-16, 08:28 PM
What a nice surprise - PLEDGED! I was very (very) tempted to pledge $500, but then I'd feel guilty if you fellas had to stare at my ugly mug every time you played ;)

This definitely reminds me of B-17 II. I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time - the feelings I had keeping up with Wayward/Microprose's design (following every last nugget of info on SimHQ, watching and re-watching teaser trailers) is something I can see myself doing again with this game.

Best of luck to the devs und fette beute!

Hitman
05-21-16, 09:00 AM
The part I hated most (And actually disabled) from SH3 was the crew management, which the Devs recognized and automated in SH4. So a game mostly centered around this seems risky business, but I'm looking forward to what these guys can do, the presentation so far is no less than impressive. :up:

stoppro
05-21-16, 08:10 PM
I know I am one of the very few but I hope It doesn't require a steam account.It will have to be very very good. but even then it would gall me to get an account.

almg
05-22-16, 09:40 AM
That's a very good news!

I look forward to see more of that game :up:

Alban

Master
05-23-16, 11:06 AM
I've backed it but the time compression / distance compression has me worried. They are moving away from historic engagements in order to make it more "fun." That has me very worried that I wont like the game. I'll back it though for no other reason to show devs that there is still a place for this sort of game but I dont have much hope for this actual version of a subsim.

Though the multiplayer (and maybe same ship coop) stretch goal is VERY inciting!

Cpt-Maxim
05-30-16, 03:00 PM
Number #1008, that's my kickstarter pledge counter for UBOOT.. its my first pledge to any game company for any kickstarter ever..

I've been watching both successes and failures of kickstarters for some time, and I understand you cant use paypal or get the protection paypal offers..

I'm betting on the fact that this game was worked on well before they started asking for money, and they have in depth videos of it functioning, which should help its success.

Sweem
06-15-16, 01:47 AM
Ok, to everyone who hasnt noticed yet. They added an Paypal option to their kickstarter page! I wrote to them asking for a paypal option and they did it! There are only a few days left for this. So if you havent pledged jet, do it now!

Onkel Neal
09-01-16, 05:10 AM
August update (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1752350052/uboot-a-ww2-survival-sandbox/posts/1669582?ref=backer_project_update)

Improved interiors

We are replacing one by one our graphics from the initial Kickstarter prototype with far more detailed ones. This month it was battery rooms no. 1 and 2, while control room is now in progress.

and much more....

Chad
09-06-16, 09:15 PM
Update looks good, keep up the good work UBOOT team! :yeah:

Onkel Neal
10-07-16, 08:10 AM
Have a minute to read and pitch in? Here's your chance to be part of the game.

Dear friends,
After the previous, not a very successful, adventure with recordings we have decided to prepare better this time and have asked a new people, including a Bundesmarine consultant, to help us with the translation.
Before we will proceed with the recordings, we need to have everything buttoned up. We do not speak German, so we have to rely on the help of the others. To be sure, we present here our first part of translated texts.
We know that a lot of experts and uboat enthusiasts have backed UBOOT so please look through in your free time and share your suggestions with us.

Captain - German, English (https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AIl-LSz5qrDPqUI&cid=B0A8E6E67EEC71DA&id=B0A8E6E67EEC71DA%21427973&parId=B0A8E6E67EEC71DA%21426171&o=OneUp)

Mariner - German, English (https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21APzMq4S2Iwag7nA&cid=B0A8E6E67EEC71DA&id=B0A8E6E67EEC71DA%21427972&parId=B0A8E6E67EEC71DA%21426171&o=OneUp)

Thank you, in advance!
PS I nearly forgot... Expect a larger update in a week with some great progress. See you soon!

Best Regards,
Deep Water Studio

Just copy and paste any feedback here, the devs will look for it.

nihilcat
10-11-16, 08:33 AM
Ahoy skippers! I'm the programmer of UBOOT and more or less lead its production. I've registered here on SUBSIM a few days ago and will respond to messages in this thread from now on :Kaleun_Salute:

An updated document for the translations is available here along with some context descriptions this time:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Atpx7H7m5qiwmo9JRBGiwUOyuNTnnA

We will do our best to thank the most active supporters with Steam keys for the game and its future DLCs.

Feel free to ask about any details about the game and post your suggestions. We are creatively independent from our investors and are open to add anything to this sim.

Our next update will show some FPP gameplay more or less similar to Silent Hunter. We haven't shown too much of it before, because we've waited for the interior graphics to be improved.

That's all for now, cheers!

PL_Andrev
10-19-16, 10:22 AM
For non-facebook subscribers there is now gameplay from uboat game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLMQ8_BG51I

ReLax
10-29-16, 03:13 PM
This game looks great!
Just one question from my side - those mission or /quest based playstyle will be through the whole game? Or will it be possible to more or less play like in the WW2 with Patrol orders, some kind of dynamic campaign?

For me, I don't like to have this limitations by missions in a WW2 Submarine game.

And most important, will the Kitchen be useable? Can I make the Kaleun's special dish in it? :D

nihilcat
11-01-16, 04:19 AM
This game looks great!
Just one question from my side - those mission or /quest based playstyle will be through the whole game? Or will it be possible to more or less play like in the WW2 with Patrol orders, some kind of dynamic campaign?

For me, I don't like to have this limitations by missions in a WW2 Submarine game.

And most important, will the Kitchen be useable? Can I make the Kaleun's special dish in it? :D

Thanks!

You are free to ignore the regular radiant assignments and do whatever you like in general. Some of them require special equipment like deep water diving equipment, mines or even guns :arrgh!: In short - yes you can just patrol and from time to time do something unusual, if you are willing to and think that you will make it. Story missions, given you personally by people like Karl Donitz at the docks, are an exception to this. You can't ignore them and have to complete them in a specific timeframe.

Kaleun's special dish - sadly not, but you can get some regional sausages etc. on a trip as a consolation :yep:

nihilcat
11-01-16, 04:21 AM
There is a new update on our Kickstarter page. Take a look.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1752350052/uboot-a-ww2-survival-sandbox/posts/1722118

Onkel Neal
11-01-16, 06:48 AM
Very nice, you guys have been really busy! :Kaleun_Applaud:

PL_Andrev
11-02-16, 03:15 PM
DC explosion very claustrophobic here...
:timeout:

https://ksr-video.imgix.net/assets/014/328/084/81fde7cd02139f9843a94762a4e5f345_webm.webm

jdkbph
11-02-16, 08:17 PM
So is there any word or decision on whether or not this game will include single player campaign mode?

Thanks

Rickster1
11-05-16, 04:05 AM
looks good, I hope you can turn off all the arcady help pointers off to make it more difficult. I think this is the game I have been waiting for since sh3 nygm. I just hope you can spend plenty of time in sandbox type mode as well as missions, other wise it will not be lasting. Thats why so many people still play sh3 modded

agathosdaimon
11-05-16, 06:43 AM
So is there any word or decision on whether or not this game will include single player campaign mode?

Thanks

i think this game is only singleplayer am i correct? are you perhaps thinking of Wolfpack?

jdkbph
11-05-16, 08:17 AM
i think this game is only singleplayer am i correct? are you perhaps thinking of Wolfpack?

Ah, you're right. Sorry.

agathosdaimon
11-06-16, 02:06 AM
no probs - i too hope that Wolfpack can have a single player component as i the mp coop is not something i like ever and i dont really have any other gaming friends who would be interested, to say nothing of having all the free time to spend on it.

Uboot interests me more. I am sure Wolfpack will be great whatever it does, but i will only consider it when it has AI i can have in place of other humans

Xall
11-17-16, 03:36 PM
I checked the updates on the kick starter page, I must say, its very promising, especially when I saw the periscopes and read about implementations of tools like the Stadimeter and chrono. Will there be also other tools like the RAOFB, Attack disk, speed charts and so forth?

What I personally am hoping for is

1. dials for manual torpedo settings (when using the periscope or map etc)
2. charts, maps, plotting tools and gadgets as mentioned above
3. and this ones cheeky and unrealistic to ask but the enigma would be amazing to have as well. But I read that the game will be very modder friendly so that shines some hope.
4. The ability to sit down on chairs or lay on the bed or the toilet would be immersive haha.

From what I saw, you guys pretty much got everything else spot on. Really amazing work!:yeah:

One last question, what will be the starting year? I hope its early in the war, do not want to miss out on the happy times :03:

In short, if its going to have everything that the wolves of steel mod has for silent hunter 5, that would be every veteran submarine simulators fans dream come true. And this game already offers some really interesting features like the moral and energy management and rag dolls!

AUGUST_MAUS
11-23-16, 08:45 AM
My first post..WOOOHOOOO :)

I hope the developers read here,too
and some wishes would be implemented

my personal wishlist :)

!!! general orientation to aces of the depth and SHIII-MOds !!!

Aces of the deep
1. something like a info area for historical asses/careers/missions/subs
2. some historical single mission to play
3. a bunch of coat of arms for the tower
4. nightclub/bar/pub for historical information about other captain and there missions / losses / victories / events like honors or technical progress
5. animated arrive and run out of a sub with flaggs / music choir / ....

SHIII- Mods
1. the quality speaks for itself!!
2. realistic an historical correct radio news
3. german audio commands of the crew
4. shipping at own ports

so long :salute:

Jimbuna
11-23-16, 09:19 AM
Welcome to SubSim MAUS :Kaleun_Salute:

AUGUST_MAUS
11-23-16, 09:46 AM
:salute:

:lurk:

nihilcat
11-25-16, 12:05 PM
looks good, I hope you can turn off all the arcady help pointers off to make it more difficult. I think this is the game I have been waiting for since sh3 nygm. I just hope you can spend plenty of time in sandbox type mode as well as missions, other wise it will not be lasting. Thats why so many people still play sh3 modded

Yes, we are aiming mainly for the interesting sandbox. Many of our random sandbox missions try to make your hunts more interesting and give them some backstory.

Other sandbox missions try to give you some interesting things to do, other than your hunts. For example, there is a sandbox mission in which you have to sneak near the coast and contact with a spy on the enemy territory (using flashlights and Morse code that you have to decipher manually).

We will have a story campaign too, though. It still needs a lot of work when compared to the state of sandbox, we may have some delays.

I checked the updates on the kick starter page, I must say, its very promising, especially when I saw the periscopes and read about implementations of tools like the Stadimeter and chrono. Will there be also other tools like the RAOFB, Attack disk, speed charts and so forth?

What I personally am hoping for is

1. dials for manual torpedo settings (when using the periscope or map etc)
2. charts, maps, plotting tools and gadgets as mentioned above
3. and this ones cheeky and unrealistic to ask but the enigma would be amazing to have as well. But I read that the game will be very modder friendly so that shines some hope.
4. The ability to sit down on chairs or lay on the bed or the toilet would be immersive haha.

From what I saw, you guys pretty much got everything else spot on. Really amazing work!:yeah:

One last question, what will be the starting year? I hope its early in the war, do not want to miss out on the happy times :03:

In short, if its going to have everything that the wolves of steel mod has for silent hunter 5, that would be every veteran submarine simulators fans dream come true. And this game already offers some really interesting features like the moral and energy management and rag dolls! Thank you!:salute:

We won't have all historic tools in the base game. Our aim is to create a model which will be a satisfactory compromise between realism and friendliness for the new players that would like to learn all this stuff. We assume that the torpedo computer is in use and our automatic computations try to simulate these devices.

We are going to be mod friendly though and we consider putting up our official hyper realism periscope mod as an example how to mod the game.

Plotting tools will be there in the base game. Enigma sadly not, sorry :03:

Starting date is 1941.02.02.

My first post..WOOOHOOOO :)

I hope the developers read here,too
and some wishes would be implemented

my personal wishlist :)

!!! general orientation to aces of the depth and SHIII-MOds !!!

Aces of the deep
1. something like a info area for historical asses/careers/missions/subs
2. some historical single mission to play
3. a bunch of coat of arms for the tower
4. nightclub/bar/pub for historical information about other captain and there missions / losses / victories / events like honors or technical progress
5. animated arrive and run out of a sub with flaggs / music choir / ....

SHIII- Mods
1. the quality speaks for itself!!
2. realistic an historical correct radio news
3. german audio commands of the crew
4. shipping at own ports

so long :salute: Thank you for the input and welcome to subsim :salute:

Time will progress as you operate on the sea and you will get notifications on declarations of war and other historical events. As a side note, time will also pass automatically as you will complete the story missions, because you would have to be a very patient player to get to the end of the war :03:

We are hoping to include the animated arrivals, but can't promise this at the moment.

Aktungbby
11-25-16, 12:38 PM
AUGUST_MAUS!:Kaleun_Salute:

bart
11-26-16, 07:44 AM
and the Kickstarter page

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1752350052/uboot-a-ww2-survival-sandbox

I kicked in $100 on behalf of Subsim. I will add to that in a couple weeks.

It looks like a fun game, a different flavor from the first person perspective. Would love to see this game succeed.

Good move Neal.

This game looks great!

Are they still accepting funds or is the crowd fund ended now? I did check the web site and I see the end date is passed but there is still a donate button there so thought I would check here first.

ValoWay
12-13-16, 10:50 AM
Will the Atlantic campaign be heavily scripted or rather based on random encounters? I ask because of the replay value, considering randomness of encounters and manual targeting we might get a game where U Boot fans can put a lot of time into! I'm quite excited about the game and surely gonna get it once it reaches its release date :up:

Onkel Neal
12-14-16, 07:37 AM
Good move Neal.

This game looks great!

Are they still accepting funds or is the crowd fund ended now? I did check the web site and I see the end date is passed but there is still a donate button there so thought I would check here first.

What did you find out? I think the KS was finished some time earlier this year.

NeonSamurai
12-14-16, 08:37 AM
They do list a pledge by paypal button, but it dumps you in a paypal window that is all in Polish with no obvious way of switching the language. Plus there isn't any information about how much you need to pledge to get a package (maybe the same amount as listed on the non limited kickstarter packages?), or if you still can or not.

Buddyboy100
12-15-16, 03:26 PM
I wish I would have stumbled across this thread earlier. I totally would have helped back this on Kickstarter. Being a big fan of Fallout Shelter and a handful of submarine games and movies this looks like an amazing idea to me.

I do have a question though. Only one of the stretch goals was reached on the Kickstarter, is it possible after release that some of the other stretch goal ideas may be added to the game?

Nonetheless I look forward to its release, next month, on Steam. :salute:

PL_Andrev
12-27-16, 05:46 PM
New game movie included targeting.
Looking uboat during patrol I have seasickness...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtFG62poExU

ValoWay
12-28-16, 01:01 AM
pretty cool! I'm glad you guys decided to implement manual targeting like making your own readings for range, speed and aob! That will increase replay value and the longevity of the game dramatically instead of a simple arcade experience which you play once and forget! :Kaleun_Cheers:

btw.
it is knots though, not km/h xD (26.6km/h = 14.36285 kn(ots))

PL_Andrev
12-28-16, 03:47 AM
it is knots though, not km/h xD (26.6km/h = 14.36285 kn(ots))
I read on game discussion that all units (included speed) are changeable at options menu. So knots will be there.
:salute:

Krieg Francis
12-28-16, 04:40 AM
Looks promising, wonder if it has a free patrol system like SH5 and a first person character as well!:doh:

makman94
12-28-16, 08:38 AM
well, they added the very basics for manual targeting. nothing new to see there

But the water-graphics and the boat's flotation are really nice. Especially the water is very very good.

Lets see, maybe they will end up changing course for creating a simulator rather than a fun game

PL_Andrev
12-28-16, 09:55 AM
well, they added the very basics for manual targeting. nothing new to see there
Not exactly - at previous film the auto-targeting were presented. The crew need a "few second" to collect data to attack enemy. And well, energy management (light bulbs consuming energy in ampers) may be funny.
From auto-targeting to manual targeting this is a step forward for fans of subsims.

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLMQ8_BG51I

Julhelm
12-28-16, 09:59 AM
I hope they do not listen too much to the hardcore sim crowd. I backed it because it had a fresh concept, and if it turns out to just be another variation on the Silent Hunter 3 formula I will be very disappointed.

makman94
12-29-16, 04:25 PM
Not exactly - at previous film the auto-targeting were presented. The crew need a "few second" to collect data to attack enemy. And well, energy management (light bulbs consuming energy in ampers) may be funny.
From auto-targeting to manual targeting this is a step forward for fans of subsims.

yes ,surely,it is a step forward for them (and very wellcome indead)
Lets hope to continue adding more features on sim elements

finchOU
12-30-16, 01:41 PM
I hope they do not listen too much to the hardcore sim crowd. I backed it because it had a fresh concept, and if it turns out to just be another variation on the Silent Hunter 3 formula I will be very disappointed.

IDK man. I get having to make a game more playable to more people. But in the end I think if it's too easy or not as realistic then replayablity becomes a factor. The Reason Aces and SH3/5 kept me coming back was the replayablity and nod to realism.

I can't fault anyone for making more Sims...as exposure itself should always be good. But I still think a SH6 "game changer" Uboot sim has Everything for Everyone. Read: Options. Whether that be Modablity (read: customization) or scaling Realism and adjustable computer performance parameters. More importantly it must move the chains for a uboot sim.....Read: it should incorporate everything good from the past and add to it. This should be the minimum request from sub simmers.....progress. It just sad when some of these games come out and Aces of the Deep is still a better sim (albeit with crappy graphics). Sorry to Rant or open up old wounds....just wanted to put in my 2 cents on what I think is important.

This game looks a little too hokey and point and click for my tastes.....but that is just a first impression off of limited information. Love the graphics minus explosions. Game looks too arcade for a simulator tho (maybe that is the point).

Julhelm
12-30-16, 04:55 PM
The thing about Aces of the Deep though was that it was much more simplified compared to SH3. There's no manual targeting, no need to operate manual sonar or radar stations, and the original didn't even have manual gunnery in it. It just wasn't that complex of a game, but the combat felt realistic and the game had atmosphere in spades. Objectively, AoD is a lot closer to Silent Service than Silent Hunter in sim aspects.

The thing is I don't feel like the SH3-5 series are particularily well-designed games. But because there has been no competition whatsover in the genre, they are the only playable design. As good as AoD was, it is pretty much unplayable today. SH1 has held up better, but is an inferior game. And I didn't throw $100 at Uboot just to have it turn into SH3++. If they had pitched it like that I wouldn't have backed it.

finchOU
12-30-16, 07:28 PM
But because there has been no competition whatsover in the genre, they are the only playable design.

If they had pitched it like that I wouldn't have backed it.

100% agree....which is why I like the idea of more uboat ims....if anything to spark more interest...and thus more competition.

And I like when we live in this era of crowdfunded projects...as it makes more things possible.

MekStark
12-31-16, 01:33 AM
Lets see, maybe they will end up changing course for creating a simulator rather than a fun game

those two aren't exactly mutualy exclusive but from my perspective the more the hardcore realism crowd takes over the less fun and general appeal remains; something that we might see more in crowdfunded titles age

ValoWay
12-31-16, 03:44 AM
I just found out that they actually call the game a 'WW2 survival sandbox (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1752350052/uboot-a-ww2-survival-sandbox)' which is great news in terms of replay value! :yeah:

While I find that putting the crew of a u-boat into the spotlight is very interesting and a welcome change of pace I hope that exactly that won't make it too easy in the end! :hmmm:

fullmetaledges
01-02-17, 07:40 PM
I am pretty excited about this myself. Is the release date around January sometime?

Aktungbby
01-02-17, 09:31 PM
fullmetaledges! :Kaleun_Salute: Always good to have another Minnesota boy lurking around...after a long silent run! I'm an old 'cake eater' myself!:D https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/24/df/ce/24dfcef8cea4084bfde7519f0591a522.jpg https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/7d/ec/80/7dec80171f927a59454b8378430dffa7.jpg

fullmetaledges
01-02-17, 10:06 PM
fullmetaledges! :Kaleun_Salute: Always good to have another Minnesota boy lurking around...after a long silent run! I'm an old 'cake eater' myself!:D https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/24/df/ce/24dfcef8cea4084bfde7519f0591a522.jpg https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/7d/ec/80/7dec80171f927a59454b8378430dffa7.jpg

Awesome man. I have only lived here a little over a year, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Blackened
01-03-17, 06:17 AM

I think you guys are underestimating the word sim in "SIM". Ubisoft left Silent Hunter's image broked beyond repair after 5 and I dont think they will ever make another sub sim after that. The crew from UBOOT saw the opportunity here and by the look of things grabbed it with both hands.

On the other hand any submarine sim worth its salt should have difficulty settings to accommodate for both the casual gamers and hardcore sim fans. Soft-core gamers play a game for a week/month max where hardcore sim gamers can play a game for many years to come.

Aktungbby
01-03-17, 11:45 AM
Blackened!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna
01-03-17, 04:51 PM
Welcome to SubSim Blackened :arrgh!:

Blackened
01-04-17, 05:54 AM
Welcome to SubSim Blackened :arrgh!:

Thank you for the warm welcomes guys :Kaleun_Cheers:

ValoWay
01-14-17, 05:22 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/494840/

possible to add the game to your steam wishlist now in order to find out easier when it is available for purchase!

GrumpyOldGamer
01-16-17, 02:11 PM
Hi all, I was a kickstarter backer on Uboot.... found Subsim.com today as I wanted to play something now and a friend pointed me to your SH5 Megamod....

Think I am gonna buy SH5 on Uplay to tide me over on this title....

Any new news on Uboot?

ValoWay
01-16-17, 06:32 PM
Hi all, I was a kickstarter backer on Uboot.... found Subsim.com today as I wanted to play something now and a friend pointed me to your SH5 Megamod....

Think I am gonna buy SH5 on Uplay to tide me over on this title....

Any new news on Uboot?

well the word was January release so shouldnt be too long before we can get our greasy hands on it :Kaleun_Los:

edit:

Just found this quote on steam:

In a recent update, they said need a couple more months. Say Feb or March. Hopefully they might do a pre-alpha for backers and donators. That would be sweet.
source:http://steamcommunity.com/app/494840/discussions/0/152393186480790306/

burki
01-17-17, 04:57 PM
Hey thats me! Yea they said in a recent update on their kickstarter they said that at the very end. Now according to their Facebook replies, which are in a different language, it might be in quarter 2 of 2017.

ValoWay
01-17-17, 05:53 PM
hey, nice, man! :haha: If you like you could keep us here updated when the devs let you guys know something important in polish? That would be mighty nice of you :Kaleun_Wink:

burki
01-17-17, 06:31 PM
Oh haha. I dont actually know Polish, but Facebook does translate it for you. Also you can message them on Facebook, but I will try to keep everyone updated.

Elphaba
01-26-17, 03:43 PM
Really want this now....any news?

burki
01-26-17, 07:52 PM
Heard a little murmurs of a quarter 2 release, but that aint official. They have a board game coming out in April. New Facebook page for just the game Uboot now. A new update should be coming out soon. Thats all ive read and seen so far. Nothing official and yea, I so want to play the game ASAP.

Commander Wallace
01-27-17, 12:12 AM
Welcome to Subsim burki and Blackened :sunny: This sim does look promising. I will be looking for it. :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

GoldenRivet
01-27-17, 11:01 PM
Heard a little murmurs of a quarter 2 release, but that aint official. They have a board game coming out in April. New Facebook page for just the game Uboot now. A new update should be coming out soon. Thats all ive read and seen so far. Nothing official and yea, I so want to play the game ASAP.

a Q2 release puts us out to April-June obviously, wonder what they have left to do with this thing? every video i have seen looks like a finished product.

burki
01-28-17, 04:54 PM
Yea, my thoughts too. They said that in a December update that they want to spend more time to add for features, dont know if they are sticking to that or not. Hopefully its soon. The steam release says 2017, but is like on page 4 or 5 of the upcoming release category, which is pretty close, to put it in perspective btw.

agathosdaimon
02-03-17, 06:33 AM
right now the game is sitting in steams new release list, but unpurchasable - so either it is about to be released or they had just given it a general feb release but no specific day

scissors
02-04-17, 11:50 AM
right now the game is sitting in steams new release list, but unpurchasable - so either it is about to be released or they had just given it a general feb release but no specific day

They apparently have a uboot website in the works ,, I would expect the website /webpage to be opened before actual release of the game ..

kerberox
04-25-17, 10:06 AM
Hey guys, I just found the UBOOT subsim easter egg. It is located via a link in the preview for UBOOT (here (http://www.subsim.com/2016/preview_uboot.php)), in the question "Give me some idea of what a Subsim captain should expect from the enemy AI.", Subsim captain is a link to the easter egg page!
Thanks subsimmers, HAVE A U-BOAT COCKTAIL!
Cheers, kerberox :subsim:

Kaleun Klink
06-08-17, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know if this game will available via Steam only, or also via direct download, on DVD, etc.?

Charlie901
06-10-17, 06:55 PM
It appears that it will be released via STEAM.

Small Indie developed games are rarely available via D2D these days...

commandosolo2009
06-13-17, 09:17 AM
it looks like silent hunter and commandos mated :subsim:
still I am intrigued and will probably shell too.

PL_Andrev
06-27-17, 02:24 PM
Some news here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1752350052/uboot-a-ww2-survival-sandbox/posts/1918062

Mods

We've started to introduce modding to the game. We've migrated most of our data to Excel spreadsheets to make it easily readable, moddable and internally it helps us to work on these files simultaneously.

TDK1044
06-27-17, 03:03 PM
One of the UBOOT Devs, Nihilcat, has been great at interacting with a couple of us from Subsim. He's very receptive to ideas and suggestions. I think this game is going to be different from the Silent Hunter series, but a lot of fun. :)

jrolson
07-03-17, 12:10 PM
Game looks very promising, cant wait until release!

PzKpfw_VI
08-06-17, 02:57 PM
I wish there was more game play footage of this on youtube. I have not found a lot of it.

Aktungbby
08-06-17, 03:09 PM
PzKpfw_VI!:Kaleun_Salute:& Kerberox!:Kaleun_Salute:...belatedly; kindly forgive our tardiness.

TDK1044
08-07-17, 06:42 AM
I wish there was more game play footage of this on youtube. I have not found a lot of it.

The Devs have been up against a hard deadline with their publisher. That milestone was met, and they are now looking at trying to get a new video released later this month. :)

LTD_
10-11-17, 05:25 PM
Looks awesome and has crazy potential!!! Hope it'll be as good as it appears.Their angles and stated sources of inspiration set a VERY promising field for sure!

Xall
10-15-17, 12:25 PM
This game does look very promising.

If it can do everything that the silent hunter games can do (with the grey wolves mod, or wolves of steel mega mod), like manual tdc, plotting tools (compass, ruler, protractor, grid ), real navigation and have an option for realisim mode.

Then I am pretty much sold.
Watching this with great interest, I have great hopes!

:up:

Razoleg
11-03-17, 06:15 AM
How about making a game about submarines that's not about Nazis and US in Pacific for once?

I'm kinda tired of this uboatmania.

Soviet Sailors have done much more with inferior equipment.

Sosondowah
12-09-17, 03:49 AM
How about making a game about submarines that's not about Nazis and US in Pacific for once?

I'm kinda tired of this uboatmania.

Soviet Sailors have done much more with inferior equipment.

You may be right in some degree, but you should also be aware that above all, in the end it's just about the money that can get out of these kind of projects. I am also having a hard time accepting that, but even if we like it or not, it is just what it is.

Aktungbby
12-09-17, 05:33 AM
Sosondowah!:Kaleun_Salute:

Santini
12-18-17, 01:30 PM
In theory, should have a dev update this week yeah?

Murph89
01-06-18, 12:07 AM
Just saw this and it looks awesome. I'm looking forward to getting a copy when it comes out.

fireblade274
02-16-18, 03:03 PM
from what I can tell, it doesnt look like the game will be like SH series, as in you dont so much control the ship movement, speed, heading, or torpedo mechanics like pointing at a ship, manually or automatically finding a solution, and firing it:

its more like you control the CREW who then do all that stuff for you...

I was pretty sold at first but now I have that picture in mind, im not so sure about it. I was looking for basically SH6 done by someone other then UBI (like city skylines was to simcity 4) and from what I can see, thats not what it is.

Not to say its not an interesting concept, just not something I can see my self getting really into. With a few exceptions, I like having control over the whole sub. Setting speed, heading, aiming and firing torpedos... I wish it ends up being more of what SH series is, with more of what it was lacking and a less buggy vanilla (that actually gets decent tlc after release)

Just my 2 cents

LtCmdrRat
02-21-18, 01:43 AM
from what I can tell, it doesnt look like the game will be like SH series, as in you dont so much control the ship movement, speed, heading, or torpedo mechanics like pointing at a ship, manually or automatically finding a solution, and firing it:

its more like you control the CREW who then do all that stuff for you...

I was pretty sold at first but now I have that picture in mind, im not so sure about it. I was looking for basically SH6 done by someone other then UBI (like city skylines was to simcity 4) and from what I can see, thats not what it is.

Not to say its not an interesting concept, just not something I can see my self getting really into. With a few exceptions, I like having control over the whole sub. Setting speed, heading, aiming and firing torpedos... I wish it ends up being more of what SH series is, with more of what it was lacking and a less buggy vanilla (that actually gets decent tlc after release)

Just my 2 cents
Sorry blade, you are wrong. You can aim on target, you can control of the heading , depth, AA gun etc. Check out uboot developers videos. :Kaleun_Applaud:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyU2kzmSask
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S65ddVrS1Rw&t=436s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvdVCfQagRk&t=2s

Lasstmichdurch
02-21-18, 02:54 AM
In the new/last update it is mentioned, that the game will be moddable in a form more or less...at least with Steam workshop...
IMO it is a good important news for us...:03:

bart
02-21-18, 05:07 AM
Yup, great new update here (20/2/18)......

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playway/uboot-a-ww2-survival-sandbox/updates

I'm really looking forward to trying Uboot out. It's looking great.

Geoff then
02-22-18, 10:09 AM
This looks very interesting and I can't wait to try it! Hope the system requirements are not too high so my humble machine can master it. :Kaleun_Salute:

Good luck with all your work and release dear devs!

wawrzul
03-13-18, 12:33 PM
The game is very promising and so cool to see a polish studio (my peoples) try to tackle a Das Boot "adaptation". Can't wait to shoot all the crew!:Kaleun_Cheers:

scissors
03-17-18, 02:43 PM
I will have to remember not to build my expectations up so high that it's impossible to be pleased by this production .

badaboom
03-23-18, 04:08 PM
Hello Captains,I've been gone a long,long time,I have seen some uboot news in DCS forums so came here to see what The Serious Sub Community say about the game....but I see it has not been released yet?
Thank You

Pisces
03-26-18, 01:35 PM
Looking at those trailer/dev diary clips linked by LtCmdrRat. That is what SH5 should have been from the start!

Eddy Rich
03-29-18, 08:15 AM
Interesting.

AlVch
03-31-18, 06:12 AM
Very excited for this game.
And still no release date...

Aktungbby
03-31-18, 09:28 AM
AlVch!:Kaleun_Salute: & EDDIE RICH! :Kaleun_Salute:

excel4004
03-31-18, 12:44 PM
And still no release date...

Good news!

AkbarGulag
10-08-18, 03:24 AM
Well, been a while since U-Boat sims dazzled. Looking forward to this and any potential for modding.

HansVonBeehan
11-01-18, 12:12 PM
Man this game looks epic! :Kaleun_Cheers:

italianmarine
12-13-18, 10:56 AM
still no new news?
The last I heard that they are going to release beta for the backers soon.

Bonfleck
12-14-18, 04:07 PM
OMG, will there ever be a worth subsim for MacOs or a console?! I can't believe it wouldn't sell millions of copies!

Bonfleck
12-14-18, 04:08 PM
"worthy" not worth

Chief
03-15-19, 02:17 PM
Looks Beautiful and has enough Valves& Switches to keep this Old Snipe busy.
USN/USCG Retired

Mr.Fischkopf
03-17-19, 10:09 AM
a new demo and a new trailer has been uploaded on youtube here you can find them

The trailers.:
https://youtu.be/hEvdvgV7ILY
https://youtu.be/bd-GAOYtu00

The demo.:
https://youtu.be/SFT2r0Zq7c0

(Pls don't kill me if the they ((the links)) don't work)

And i appreciate for my english if there was some grammatical bull**** (i'am from germany).:Kaleun_Cheers:

Pisces
03-17-19, 10:18 AM
And i appreciate for my english if there was some grammatical bull**** (i'am from germany).:Kaleun_Cheers:You 'apologizing' for grammatical errors is appreciated. ;)

"appreciate" = "würdigen"
"apologize" = "entschuldigen"

dcb
03-22-19, 02:30 PM
Congrats to the dev team and best of luck with this game, which has to potential to reignite the subsimming interest of old single player wolves like me. :Kaleun_Salute:

Just one question, though:

I've browsed all gameplay demos, but was unable to find any instance of bad weather, storm, rain or fog, although we all know to what degree weather was a key factor in the Atlantic battle. Especially as bad weather physics and sub behavior was one of the downsides of the SH series (the infamous sub on rails effect and the wind/waves being limited by the poor engine).

I wonder, will bad weather be implemented into UBOOT? If so, will it have the expected effects on sensors, physics, sub tear and wear, crew morale etc?

Aktungbby
03-23-19, 11:44 AM
Mr.Fischkopf!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER
03-23-19, 04:07 PM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Mr.Fischkopf
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2027002&postcount=1)

Deepseadiver
03-24-19, 04:24 AM
Some nugget on the U Boat steam page is pushing for subsim to be denied access to mod development.

Jimbuna
03-24-19, 07:34 AM
Some nugget on the U Boat steam page is pushing for subsim to be denied access to mod development.

Would you PM me a link please.

Jimbuna
03-24-19, 07:38 AM
Would you PM me a link please.

It's okay, I've found it.

Deepseadiver
03-24-19, 08:36 AM
Was just about to link you.

GeneralGamer
03-25-19, 07:43 PM
I was waiting for new content, other than Cold Waters for my channel.

This will be it! Can't wait and thank you for your efforts.:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER
03-26-19, 05:00 AM
Hi GC
I will keep a lookout for it if your channel is on YouTube.
Peter

GeneralGamer
03-26-19, 05:24 PM
Hi GC
I will keep a lookout for it if your channel is on YouTube.
Peter

Thanks

Yes it's on YouTube..Been dormant for some time however trying to get a copy of Wolfpack and join the fun lol:up:

Parkera
04-12-19, 01:57 AM
Seen a few streams of this last couple days and must say impressed with alot of whats been shown.

LtCmdrRat
04-15-19, 09:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VXfNpeMSx4&list=PLckM-39CDDjA3PyOX-fwPuAjlPFjXBZ3y&index=7

his full playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kd3ujB1HxU&list=PLckM-39CDDjA3PyOX-fwPuAjlPFjXBZ3y

I ll continue to stream UB as soon as my new video card will arrive. For today you can watch this guy

italianmarine
04-15-19, 10:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VXfNpeMSx4&list=PLckM-39CDDjA3PyOX-fwPuAjlPFjXBZ3y&index=7

his full playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kd3ujB1HxU&list=PLckM-39CDDjA3PyOX-fwPuAjlPFjXBZ3y

I ll continue to stream UB as soon as my new video card will arrive. For today you can watch this guy

didn`t like his stream much. Sometimes I was hiding my face behind both palms when I watched him play.

Guess he never played SH before. Mistakes like continuing wasting deck gun amo on a sinking ship. shooting with front torps while the destroyer was just behind him instead of continuing going silent. Didn't understand his orders etc.

LtCmdrRat
04-15-19, 03:03 PM
didn`t like his stream much. Sometimes I was hiding my face behind both palms when I watched him play.

Guess he never played SH before. Mistakes like continuing wasting deck gun amo on a sinking ship. shooting with front torps while the destroyer was just behind him instead of continuing going silent. Didn't understand his orders etc.
He is definitely a newbie in sub sim genre. But I like his pronunciation ))
I just have read a post in steam uboat page made by the guy who claimed to be hardcore subsimmer. He called the game " sims-lite Atlantic edition."
In other words * There is only Silent Hunter GW and subsim is it's prophet".
From tactical point devs will include soon evasive maneuvering for DD. Any video of Beta is just general representation what is going on in the game.

fullmetaledges
04-16-19, 12:00 AM

I give this guy a lot of credit, for not being a sub guy he’s been streaming this game a ton and also has been trying to show off as much of it as he can even though it means a lot of grinding for him.

Parkera
04-16-19, 02:03 AM
Yeah agree, he has been really trying to show as much as he can here and is also learning as he streams. Sure its not a Subsim like SH and its not trying to be that, but I am enjoying it and will most likely get the game. Hell we need to be thankful that this year we will now have 2 Sub games out.

Salvadoreno
04-22-19, 12:13 PM
There are some things I'd really like to know before purchase. Love the streams and youtube videos, but they aren't answering my questions.

I would like a good mix between sim and crew management, so if somebody could please help answer these questions it would be fantastic!

Is the campaign truly dynamic? (i.e Merchants radioing Uboat positions when under attack, making it impossible for the uboat to stick around without being hunted). What about convoy spawning, hunter killer spawns, and does the campaign go from 41-45? Could we go to the United States east coast?

Uboat control realism? (do the batteries drain quickly going at high speeds? Same with diesels? Does the boat sink when taking on to much water? Are systems disabled or destroyed during a effective attack and cannot be repaired?

That's all I have, the crew management screens can use some work. I didn't see a navigation upgrade on the navigator which is weird.

Still excited for the game, will most likely buy!

Gianfilippo
04-23-19, 04:20 AM
(do the batteries drain quickly going at high speeds? Same with diesels? Does the boat sink when taking on to much water? Are systems disabled or destroyed during a effective attack and cannot be repaired?

I saw the u-boot going to the bottom of the sea when water filled the electric motors compartment, so yes for that. About battery/fuel duration, one expects those to be right in 2019. I hope.

badaboom
04-30-19, 05:22 AM
It will be released in a few hrs....Who's IN???:up:

Deepseadiver
04-30-19, 05:37 AM
Me looking forward to 4pm.

Ernstww
04-30-19, 08:23 AM
I saw the u-boot going to the bottom of the sea when water filled the electric motors compartment, so yes for that. About battery/fuel duration, one expects those to be right in 2019. I hope.

Diesel consumption goes up with increased speed. Electricity consumption is affected by speed and running electrics like ventilation etc.

bstanko6
04-30-19, 10:04 AM
i thought it was suppose to be ready by 1000 am?

fullmetaledges
04-30-19, 10:06 AM
* Edited

Just released $25.49

Benti
04-30-19, 10:08 AM
In the E-Mail for the project backers it said that it will be available on 10 am Pacific Time which is 7 pm CET. :)

Deepseadiver
04-30-19, 10:20 AM
Its out D/ling now.

adrians69
04-30-19, 11:26 AM
Me too 😃

Parkera
04-30-19, 02:09 PM
Downloading now also!

Jasniok
05-01-19, 05:03 AM
There is good price, 89 PLN is 24$, instant digital delivery:
https://allegro.pl/oferta/uboat-pc-digital-klucz-steam-u-boot-wersja-pl-8014000947

bstanko6
06-24-19, 06:03 AM
Is there a relationship between Uboat the videogame, and Uboot the board Game? Seems like they have the same logo, music, and such?

Aktungbby
06-24-19, 11:19 AM
Jasniok!:Kaleun_Salute:

atleiker
06-24-19, 06:47 PM
Is there a relationship between Uboat the videogame, and Uboot the board Game? Seems like they have the same logo, music, and such?

Yes,

The designers of the board game were asked by the designers of the video game to develop a board game version of it.

The app for the board game was developed by a different studio than the video game though, AFAIK.

bstanko6
06-24-19, 08:48 PM
Appreciate that

ggouveia
08-10-19, 05:41 PM
A bit of a learning curve to figure out the interface and inter relationships. Very impressed, completed 3 patrols, last one I sank a ship the admiralty wanted me to intercept. Love this game. Great graphics and options.

jdkbph
08-22-19, 05:55 PM
Hi guys. I'm wondering... is this new game more like Kursk (the scripted adventure game) or an updated Silent Hunter 3?

I won't elaborate beyond this. Those who have played SH3 and appreciated mods like GWX will know what I'm asking.

Thanks.

JD

bstanko6
08-23-19, 01:21 PM
It’s The Sims meets SH3. Or like This War of Mine.

LtCmdrRat
09-01-19, 11:56 AM
Major update
https://steamcommunity.com/games/494840/announcements/detail/1610521707076973424

CybrSlydr
09-02-19, 08:59 AM
Saw the notification that there was an update for Uboat and WOW was I impressed!

These guys are working hard and cranking out solid content still!

Thanks for keeping up the great work!

Faamecanic
09-16-19, 08:15 PM
I just bought the game this weekend and VERY happy with it...even in Alpha Stage.

Great game play. Although I will say SOME of the micromanaging is silly (really..you guys can flip a red light on at night, white during day, and blue to silent running?, or having to manually move food from stowage to the galley? I should be able to just load the galley up, and some spare food at port and the cook should move it). But other aspects I really like.

My biggest complaint is how quickly discipline goes down. One good engagement and I go from 100% to 20%? And all we did was sink 4 ships... hell discipline should be HIGH (Morale is more appropriately the term).

But overall a BLAST to play...cant wait to see where the devs take this in a year!

Kurt Dagger
09-26-19, 05:14 AM
Comrades, please tell me how to use devices for false purposes? I did not find where to install them on the boat.
I also wanted to know after receiving improvements available at the start in the headquarters assignments, would there be any new improvements?

Pisces
09-26-19, 08:31 AM
"Device for false purpouses"

Does that mean "decoys"?

Kurt Dagger
09-26-19, 11:18 AM
"Device for false purpouses"

Does that mean "decoys"?

Bold (a term derived from kobold) was a German sonar decoy, used by U-boats during the Second World War from 1942 onwards. It consisted of a metal canister about 10 cm (3.9 in) in diameter filled with calcium hydride.

Tell me how these devices can be activated.

Pisces
09-27-19, 09:38 AM
I just responded for the clarification. It's a funny way of translating. And I only played the game in the first week. I'm not up to speed on using it.

RzTen1
12-11-19, 03:16 PM
To use the decoy launcher you first have to transfer the decoys into a crew members inventory. It won't show up otherwise. You should then see a 'pill launcher' that you can use towards the rear of the boat near the torpedo tube. It should also show up when you hold down alt even if the selected crew member cannot operate it.

bclaw2004
12-21-19, 09:01 AM
Brought this game a little while ago steep learning curve, especially when under attack.

Looks great latest update looks great too

THEBERBSTER
12-21-19, 11:18 AM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > RzTen1
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2027002&postcount=1)

Aktungbby
12-21-19, 12:46 PM
RzTen1 !:Kaleun_Salute:

CaptainSvenski
02-02-20, 06:11 PM
It does a better job of representing the Uboat life itself,most things are interactive,the interior is very detailed and available,and the crew feels very alive and they have actual needs.

But that's as far as it goes.The gameplay itself is very arcade even with max realism,and the world in which you hunt is just nowhere as dynamic and alive as Silent Hunter.Everything just seems too mission-scripted and pre-determined,and the enemy ship types are way too few.

bluegoon
06-20-20, 05:09 AM
It does a better job of representing the Uboat life itself,most things are interactive,the interior is very detailed and available,and the crew feels very alive and they have actual needs.

But that's as far as it goes.The gameplay itself is very arcade even with max realism,and the world in which you hunt is just nowhere as dynamic and alive as Silent Hunter.Everything just seems too mission-scripted and pre-determined,and the enemy ship types are way too few.

The fact that this game is built on UNITY is a BIG, BIG thing, it opens it up to a tremendous amount of easily accessed modding and with workshop integration, this thing is going to become the de-facto WW2 subsim.

Buy it while it's still cheap!:up:

Aktungbby
06-20-20, 10:57 AM
bluegoon!:Kaleun_Salute: after a long silent run!:up:

Skybird
12-01-20, 05:08 PM
:03: I boarded the game today.

Angelis
12-02-20, 03:56 AM
Happy hunting!:Kaleun_Cheers:

Magic1111
03-06-21, 12:11 PM
Is there actually a manual for the game that explains the most important functions? Or training missions where the game is explained to the player?

It can't be that the player has to teach himself everything, can it?

KleineUboot
05-06-21, 09:03 AM
Probably the best modern subsim IMO. The controls are kinda hard to get used to after the Silent Hunter series, and optimization is poor, but most bugs are fixed at this point and in general the game is good.

Nuestro Lenny
06-22-21, 08:19 PM
After I saw the game on wolfpack's youtube channel I gave it a try for a week and this is a recollection of my first impressions:

Things that I liked:
-Ability to attach a camera to any object on map, even in a torpedo.
-Boarding ships to inspect cargo on neutral nations ships or to inspect abandoned subs in middle of the sea.
-The option to automatically plot an interception course on the fly.
-The crew management feels more natural and deep than in SH, even the way to recruit new sailors gives you a backstory of that person, so you can evaluate what kind of personality he could be.
-The autorouter, how many hours I have lost plotting courses on SH just to end crashing on a minuscule island that you can only see by zooming at maximum and reviewing all the route.
-The crew makes their things without your intervention if you like, and meanwhile you also gives you the choice to micromanage a lot.
-The darker nights option is trully dark, you even have a searchlight.
-The seabed hides the sub against sonar.
-The graphics are a true joy to watch, and the 3d models are very well done.
-A lot of debris from sunk ships, and the ability to pick those debris and up to certain point ressuply the sub.
-Milk cows on vanilla game
-Personaly I like the way the wolfpack attacks are coordinated.
-The crew can loose composure during depth charges attacks from destroyers, and you have to give them a small beating to silence them.
-Every sailor has a different amount of discipline, so you can disband sailors that are prone to crack under pressure when you return to port.
-The ease to activate/deactivate mods from the launcher without the need of jsgme
-The price, at least for now during pre-release.
-It feels incredibly promising if the dev team don't throw the towel and keeps adding new features and improving quality of life issues.

Things I didn't liked:
-The scope mouse control. Seriously, I hate the way it moves. Not only it goes really slow, it doesn't drag keeping rotating the view. And the view moves at the inverse direction of what I would expect by the mouse movement.
-The lack of a scope on the deck gun. It was a guilty pleasure of mine to shoot manually in the SH games, but both of the crosshairs are unprecise and lacking in comparison.
-The radio music don't shuffle the songs. It always starts from the same song even if you add a pack of songs from a mod. It also would be nice to pick the songs in middle of the playback of a song, in real life when you tune a radio the songs don't start from the very beggining in the exact moment you tune that channel.
-No UZO in the vanilla game.
-A slight amount of static radio noise dependent of the distance from the sub to the radio station would add atmosphere.
-Lack of map plotting options: the 4 bearings method is quite a chore without the ability to move lines or circles without changing their dimensions nor bearing.
-It's a chore to make paralel lines and to plot a bisector.
-A copy paste of drawing elements would be very welcome.
-A undo option for changes in plotted elements would kill it.
-I miss an option to completely erase all the plotted lines on the map at once.
-I find myself plotting a new course for the sub when I'm trying to change the size of the TDC console
-The sim should had included in the vanilla game the TDC console
-No pistol selector, nor magnetic pistol without mods
-I liked more the way SH3/4 handled the sub parts and torpedo upgrades, but it's just my own opinion
-Still not easily recognizable star constellations like in SH.
-The travel between stations would need an overhaul, it feels clumsy to be on the map and have to pre-select the captain on the 3d view, to then scroll to get into the manual scope view. I'm sure that it can be done in a simpler and more clever way.
-Lack of secundary ports.
-Only VIIIC, no IX, nor XXI subs.
-Lack of sound level sliders. The radio music and the crew dialogues should have different sliders.
-The way and speed at what the ships sink in the vanilla game, it's way too fast.
-The deck gun feels overpowered, I don't know if it's realistic or not.
-The sink times feel too fast, but I'm not sure if it's realistic or not.

It really feels like very early days in the development cycle, it's very incomplete without mods as of now in the b129. The game still lacks quite a lot of quality of life features and have small bugs here and there. But it also gave me the feeling that it has the potential to be what silent hunter 5 wanted to be but couldn't be because Ubisoft never gave the time and resources to the devs to finish it properly. For some reason I have high hopes for this game.

All in All, I think that it deserves a try even in the current beta phase is enjoyable.

Aktungbby
06-22-21, 09:36 PM
Nuestro Lenny! Nice even-handed first post!:Kaleun_Salute:

Magnus Samuelsson
11-22-21, 08:40 AM
Okay, so after a long silent run. I'ts time to make a post about this game.

It is really good :Kaleun_Salute:

Out

XonE:32
05-29-23, 12:03 AM
So good. So surprised. W/the right mods it's really getting there. Gotta play w/Real Nav, TDC mod, UBE etc. I mean me. I can't have the stuff showing up on my map. Still need to get rid of the Hydrophone circles though. Real Nav didn't get rid of those unfortunately.

This still makes me a queasy. I have to give them food.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1433&pictureid=13215

But the game is pretty stunning at times

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1433&pictureid=13214