PDA

View Full Version : Newish to SH4 questions about mods

gunslinger6792
10-29-14, 09:57 AM
I'm newish to silent hunter 4 and the series as a whole. That said I've played close to 60 hours on wolves of the pacific and about 3 hours on the DLC I just bought. This all stated I'm wondering what mods people here would recommend and if they could provide a short distribution of what they do. Thank you all for any information you can provide.

depthtok33l
10-30-14, 07:36 PM
This is what I have at the moment.

http://i.imgur.com/bwfGm6s.png

[TMO] Tigger Maru Overhauled - Fixes many default in-game stuff, beefs up A.I., improves many things (graphics, gameplay etc.)

[RSRDC] Run Silent, Run Deep Campaign - Mainly historical stuff like historical shipping routes.

[OTC] Optical Targeting Correction - Mainly deals with visuals and scopes I think.

Traveller's Mod - Sort of like TMO, fixes a lot of things plus makes the game more challenging (e.g. start with no renown, your sub will easily take more damage than default)

If you're just getting into mods I highly recommend starting out with just TMO for now.

gunslinger6792
10-30-14, 09:22 PM
Thank you for the suggestions I'll look into trigger Maru.

Ghost Dog
10-31-14, 09:41 AM
Hi! The other big mod to consider is Real Fleet Boat, AKA RFB 2.0 is geared towards a more historically accurate simulation. It also incorporates more realistic ship physics that can be further augmented with the ISP 2.0 mod. (Improved Ship Physics).

Real Fleet Boat also has a version of Run Silent Run Deep Campaign (RSRDC)

merc4ulfate
10-31-14, 08:26 PM
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
RFB_2.0
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
RSRDC_RFB_V575
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
EAXsoundsim_without_WebstersManeuver_STOCK_GFO_OM
Classe_Balao_CamoTri
Improved Ship Physics_2.1

Ca[t White
11-12-14, 08:11 AM
I'm new to installing mods for SH4. I have the stock version with the 1.5 patch. after downloading the TMO Mod, where do install it? do i install it using JGME or do I install the data folder staight to the main directory? are there any requirements needed for TMO before installing?

The_D
11-12-14, 09:09 AM
In regard to installing the mods, I just went through the ordeal of figuring it out. I have a feeling you'll get a full picture of what to do by reading the exchanges I had with many of the skippers on this forum

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//showthread.php?t=216680

:)