PDA

View Full Version : Career

Ca[t White
10-28-14, 02:07 PM
I just started playing career in SH4 and my first mission is to patrol off the Island of Honshu. my question is how do I know when my patrol is finished or if I've completed my objective? and what ships do i target?( convoys, Destroyer Unit, Battleships etc).

Or Better yet, when I reached to Yellow star with binoculars, exactly what do i do from there?

Dread Knot
10-28-14, 02:24 PM
I just started playing career in SH4 and my first mission is to patrol off the Island of Honshu. my question is how do I know when my patrol is finished or if I've completed my objective? and what ships do i target?( convoys, Destroyer Unit, Battleships etc).

Or Better yet, when I reached to Yellow star with binoculars, exactly what do i do from there?

Usually you are given instructions like; patrol within 45 nautical miles of a certain spot for 72 hours and the star turns gray. What's really more important is to turn in some tonnage. It doesn't matter what it is, gunboats, cargo ships, tankers, or the Yamato. Just show some productivity and you keep your command. Turn in a real stellar patrol and they'll throw medals at you. I think for most players the patrol isn't officially over until they run out of fish to shoot or get low on fuel, or the battle damage is too great to continue.

Ca[t White
10-28-14, 02:29 PM
I got some Tonnage, I sent a few frigates, destroyers, and a convoys to the bottom already.

Ca[t White
10-28-14, 02:30 PM
oh by the way, is there a mod that allows you to walk around in the submarine, instead of being stuck at the map table with the helmsman? LOL.

Dread Knot
10-28-14, 02:32 PM
oh by the way, is there a mod that allows you to walk around in the submarine, instead of being stuck at the map table with the helmsman? LOL.

As far as I know there has been no mod yet developed for USN subs that gets you outside the control room, conning tower or bridge

Armistead
10-28-14, 05:49 PM
The supermods like TMO allow you to walk around in the sub using the freecam within the compartments modeled.

Sniper297
10-28-14, 05:50 PM
I tried one free cam mod that allows you to move around in the control room, conning tower and bridge;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1953

The only problem is it frequently gets "out of sector" and has to be reset.

As for the "patrol area" missions you simply have to navigate within a mile or so of the star, stop dead, hit time acceleration and wait 48 hours to get the mission accomplished message.

merc4ulfate
10-28-14, 06:28 PM
I have never played where you could not move around in the control room.

Most of the megamods make allowances for this.

===================

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

RFB_2.0
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
RSRDC_RFB_V575
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
EAXsoundsim_without_WebstersManeuver_STOCK_GFO_OM
Classe_Balao_CamoTri
Improved Ship Physics_2.1

raymond6751
10-29-14, 05:37 AM
On the map there is a star symbol showing the location of your patrol. When done, that turns gray from gold. Also, in your captain's orders wherre it lists your mission text, it will say completed.