PDA

View Full Version : Broken water pipe

MarkCt
10-17-14, 07:30 PM
After being away from the game for awhile I decided to start another campaign with some new mods that are out. I tried IJN Radar fix but my Torpedios kept firing to the left every time. I also tried new depthcharge. After getting hammered by some destroyers my crew was able to repair everything except the water pipe in the control room. Even while surfaced the water keeps spraying from the broken pipe. I don't know if this is part of this new mod and was wondering if anyone else had this issue? I wouldn't mind if any of the other system couldn't be repaired but the spraying water sound is really annoying. I started my campaign with a Gato which is the next boat from an S class I think. I'm also using TMO, RSRDC with the patches, OTC, convoy routes. Thatnks for the help.

Napalm42
10-17-14, 07:43 PM
I've had it loads of times!

It's not any sort of mod behavior as far as I've observed, it's something coded into the stock game. If you look at your subsystems screen, on the top left hand side you should see a ticker that counts "Hull damage". Stock behavior (as far as I've noticed) is if that ticker is not 0, you will have those water pipes leaking until such a time as you return to port. There is no actual subsystem for that pipe.

The only solution I know of is to cut your war patrol short and head back to base for repairs if the damage is serious enough. Otherwise, I've had minor success with saving and then reloading the game, the water pipe leaks but with no sound.

MarkCt
10-17-14, 09:02 PM
I've tried saving the game and going back to finish the mission which was pretty easy since it was a photo ops mission. After playing a full campaign I've never had a issue with the crew not fixing the leak at some point. My hull damage is at 0 so that's not it. I have 4 Torpedos forward and one aft but I am making my way back to port but it's a long way back. I'll see if it's still there after loading up the game to finish this patrol.

Moonlight
10-18-14, 07:29 AM
This mod fixes the pipe leaks but it will most probably conflict with your mod list. You could always compare the file changes which will take a lot of modding effort on your part.:D
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=906

MarkCt
10-20-14, 07:18 PM
Thanks Moonlight, I'm on my way back to port so I'll have it fixed there, only problem is I just got a sonar contact which is probably a convoy or such. Now I have to decode to attack with the broken pipe or just run away.