PDA

View Full Version : Got lots of ideas...but...

mapuc
10-16-14, 02:54 PM
I have lots of ideas, its me that can't figure out how this "forgot the word" works have tried and tried without success

One of my ideas, can only be created the day we can play campaign(you know, fulfill some given task before the next mission can be played) and perhaps multi play(for creating alliance)

The idea with this campaign is a modern version of WWII almost fought the same way but with modern weapons

Markus

Coiler
10-20-14, 01:45 PM
Are there any specific mechanics with the game you don't understand that are keeping you from making any scenarios?

mapuc
10-27-14, 03:48 PM
Are there any specific mechanics with the game you don't understand that are keeping you from making any scenarios?

It's almost everything

Let start with two of them

Time..I don't know what I do wrong hard to explain

Event. Here I need to get this event and action in two..(forgot the word)

1. For success(e.g You have successfully...
2. For failure(You have failed to...)

And another example

I had an idea that in the beginning of a game a messages should pop-up telling the player to get 10 transport plane from airbase 1, 2,3,4 and 5 and that the player should send them to following area to drop para..

I have seen a video from Baloogan and in that video the transport plane, was already airborne. Can it be done while these transport plane is on ground?

I have to learn how to make mission or some other may freely make mission from my ideas

I do know for an example that my modern version of WW2 will be several huge missions. Got the idea of how the story would go up to the start of the war.

Breakdown in EU a.s.o

Germany attack Poland and occupy half of Poland(or the player try to do that)
Two days later 12 o´clock (In game time) English and French warships and other military stuff turn red. A.s.o

Oh forgot 1 important thing-weapon

I was trying to make a very small mission (Norway and Russia, time 1983 Dec 26) On the Norwegian side I had a little airbase, radar and some building.

On this airbase I had 6 F-16A and was thinking of let them have AIM-120 A, I had lots of problem trying to get these missile to the base and the fighter jets and other missiles.

Markus

Coiler
10-28-14, 10:41 AM
Ok.

-Look for the Zulu time when the scenario starts (you can do this on the "Scenario Times/Duration" option).
-Set an event trigger to "Time" that's a few seconds after the scenario start time. Note that it does not do this automatically.
-Set an event action to "Message"-choose the player side and type the message you want.
-That should work.

Weapons:
-Either make a single-unit airfield or airfield group that has an ammo pad/shelter/bunker.
-Then just go to "Magazines" and put in the weapons. It helps to put in the aircraft first and have "compatible only" checked so you know what's there.
-For your specific scenario it sounds like you were trying to edit the early AMRAAMs onto the F-16s themselves. This is hard (editing aircraft weapons in Command is a lot harder at the moment than editing ship weapons), which brings me to my second point.

I don't want to discourage scenario authorship, but I think you might be a little overambitious with what you've planned. I've seen too many people try to make something really big for their first Command scenarios and it ends up being really clunky and not ideally made.

mapuc
10-28-14, 01:37 PM
Ok.

-Look for the Zulu time when the scenario starts (you can do this on the "Scenario Times/Duration" option).
-Set an event trigger to "Time" that's a few seconds after the scenario start time. Note that it does not do this automatically.
-Set an event action to "Message"-choose the player side and type the message you want.
-That should work.

Weapons:
-Either make a single-unit airfield or airfield group that has an ammo pad/shelter/bunker.
-Then just go to "Magazines" and put in the weapons. It helps to put in the aircraft first and have "compatible only" checked so you know what's there.
-For your specific scenario it sounds like you were trying to edit the early AMRAAMs onto the F-16s themselves. This is hard (editing aircraft weapons in Command is a lot harder at the moment than editing ship weapons), which brings me to my second point.

I don't want to discourage scenario authorship, but I think you might be a little overambitious with what you've planned. I've seen too many people try to make something really big for their first Command scenarios and it ends up being really clunky and not ideally made.

Thank you will try these things.

I'm not going to make these big mission before I know how to make every step in Command.

Markus