PDA

View Full Version : Bugged Submarine Names

jhm101
09-16-14, 04:49 PM
Hey for a while now I've been having this bug where when I take command in a new sub the names are the generic/default names. it would be the USS Sargo for the Sargo class USS Porpoise for the Porpoise class etc.

I'm using RFB 2.0 plus the patch as well as RSRDC plus its patch, Bigger Better Protractors and RFB2_SH3_to_SH4_sub_physics.(problem was happening before sub physics was being used)

If someone knows how to fix this it would appreciated.
(first post sorry if something's not right)

TorpX
09-16-14, 08:27 PM
You do know that the submarine classes were named after the first sub of the class?

How many times have you gotten the "generic" subs?

Sooner or later, you should get other subs. You might want to check to make sure that your RSRDC mods are the correct version and properly installed.

Oh, and

Welcome aboard! :salute:

jhm101
09-17-14, 06:56 AM
You do know that the submarine classes were named after the first sub of the class?

How many times have you gotten the "generic" subs?

It's every time I take command of a new sub. I can understand those being in the lineup because they are actual names of subs, but it's ALWAYS the same name for the class. This didn't happen in TMO or stock I've reinstalled my game and installed a new RFB but it didn't work. I'll try the other mods but I don't know if that will fix it.

Threadfin
09-17-14, 10:04 AM
I found the same thing. I think as the leading skipper you are offered the first boat when an improved one becomes available. And naturally it's the namesake for the class, though I would also like to see some randomness to which boat you get. TorpX is probably correct, but it hasn't happened for me.

If you turn down the offer, is there anyway to make it happen on a subsequent patrol? It seemed to me I would only be offered the new boat once, and if declining I didn't see a way to do it later.

Admiral Halsey
09-17-14, 10:28 AM
Yeah if you're doing really well and always take a new boat the first time you're given the option it's normally the first of the class. So for the Gato's you'd get Gato and the Balao's you'd get the Balao.

jhm101
09-17-14, 06:13 PM
after downloading and re-installing RFB and RSRDC I am now the proud commander of (if memory serves right) the USS Spearfish!:D
thank you to all who responded.