PDA

View Full Version : have to put the game aside.

mapuc
09-06-14, 02:28 PM
Even though Command isn't 100 % realistic and it can't be and I do love it nevertheless

I have to put the game aside-until I get enough money to buy a computer that can handle the game and that could be years before I get a new computer.

Before the lastest update my game had lags and frozen very much, after the update to build 562 it's even worse.

Even small scenarios is freezing and a lot of lag.

The only solution: Remove the game from my computer, placed it in some drawer and let it be there until i get enough money to buy a new and stronger computer.

On another forum I was told that my 64 Mb graphics and 4 Gb RAM and about 2.1 GHz was enough. It ain't

Markus

emsoy
09-07-14, 01:36 AM
Thank you for your feedback Markus :cool:

Have you tried the speed-up tips in the FAQ? This configuration is recommended on all older computers and even some modern ones with multiple slower cores:
http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=2920#201

emsoy
09-07-14, 02:00 AM
One thing that strikes me as odd is that your experience is quite different from most other's. May I ask what OS you are running? How long is it since you installed Windows? Have you checked the event logs for errors? Are you running an up-to-date virus killer? Anti-spyware? Have you had a virus attack in the past? Are there any weird processes running that eats up the CPU? Etc.

Thanks!

mapuc
09-07-14, 12:08 PM
One thing that strikes me as odd is that your experience is quite different from most other's. May I ask what OS you are running? How long is it since you installed Windows? Have you checked the event logs for errors? Are you running an up-to-date virus killer? Anti-spyware? Have you had a virus attack in the past? Are there any weird processes running that eats up the CPU? Etc.

Thanks!

I have Vista

Made a reinstall about 15-18 month ago.

I have antivirus and firewall. Have never beeen attacked, my firewall have now and then blocked some IP-address.

When I play I have only wmp or yourtube running(listening to a book)

Yesterday I found a way to get the game to run a little smoother-not having so many object in the air(not having 10 or 20 B52 in the air at the same)and only send 1 or 2 Harpoon .

I'm playing Wargasm and I had every B52 and tanker in the air-game keeps freeze therefore only 2-4 airplane in the air.

Have just been reading this:
"No-pulse time mode is the default setting. When using time acceleration (particularly at high values, e.g. 1:30 seconds or 1:1 minute) the map updates much more smoothly and the user experience is significantly improved. However this option requires a fast computer, and older computers may experience lags."

Until now I had my settings on no-pulse and my computer is from 2010.

Markus

mapuc
09-07-14, 02:31 PM
Have done as it was recommended in the FAQ-section

Result instead of waiting 4-6 sec for the game to respond to an order it now takes half the time.

example.
Before it could take long time from where I used the wheel on my mouse to either go lower or higher on the map it goes faster now
(don't know how to explain it)

Additional information:
When on pulsed normal the time is not running. until I click somewhere on the map then the time makes a jump a.s.o
example
time ZULU 2:05:12 do nothing.... wait awhile.....click somewhere on the map...time ZULU 22:17:10 when on no-pulse fast the time runs almost normal.

Markus

strykerpsg
09-07-14, 09:31 PM
I have Vista

Made a reinstall about 15-18 month ago.

I have antivirus and firewall. Have never beeen attacked, my firewall have now and then blocked some IP-address.

When I play I have only wmp or yourtube running(listening to a book)

Yesterday I found a way to get the game to run a little smoother-not having so many object in the air(not having 10 or 20 B52 in the air at the same)and only send 1 or 2 Harpoon .

I'm playing Wargasm and I had every B52 and tanker in the air-game keeps freeze therefore only 2-4 airplane in the air.

Have just been reading this:
"No-pulse time mode is the default setting. When using time acceleration (particularly at high values, e.g. 1:30 seconds or 1:1 minute) the map updates much more smoothly and the user experience is significantly improved. However this option requires a fast computer, and older computers may experience lags."

Until now I had my settings on no-pulse and my computer is from 2010.

Markus

IF you have the funds available, I highly recommend an upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate. I also ran Vista during beta and saw similar performance issues. Not to say an OS upgrade is a cure all for speed, but Vista doesn't handle multi-tasking as well as WIn7.

Also playing the Wargasm scenario. It's a bit of a draw on my system too, though have found grouping my B-52's as opposed to single ships all flying to the same release point a bit easier. Then, ungroup them to send to various targets. On a side note, it's a bit un-balanced on the number of missiles the Russians have versus the 92nd. I won't tell you how many, but it's a tough scenario to win and haven't beaten it yet, after 4 attempts.

Good luck with it and let me know your outcome. I'm curious if you can beat it or at least not loose many of your city markers.

emsoy
09-08-14, 01:46 AM
That explains it then :)

I can strongly recommend upgrading to Win 8.1, esp for a computer from 2010. Win7 is much faster than Vista, and Win 8.1 runs Command at least 30% faster than Win7.

Sunburn
09-08-14, 01:48 AM
If upgrading to a more modern Windows version is not feasible, at least you can install the v4.5 version of the .NET framework: http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=30653

This should provide a noticeable bump to your performance.

Thanks.

strykerpsg
09-08-14, 01:50 AM
That explains it then :)

I can strongly recommend upgrading to Win 8.1, esp for a computer from 2010. Win7 is much faster than Vista, and Win 8.1 runs Command at least 30% faster than Win7.

Damn you Emsoy.....now I will have to consider another upgrade......:D

I have 8.1 on my tablet, which runs CMANO with no issues, so you may be right. I just hate the wonky interface they put with Windows 8 and 8.1.

emsoy
09-08-14, 10:35 AM
Yeah the Win8.1 interface *ucks but I've installed ClassicShell which restores the start button, task manager, etc, and pretty much turns it into Win7. There are many different shells available, but ClassicShell is one of the better:

http://www.classicshell.net/

I can also recommend running Command on a Solid State Disk (SSD).

mapuc
09-08-14, 12:47 PM
IF you have the funds available, I highly recommend an upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate. I also ran Vista during beta and saw similar performance issues. Not to say an OS upgrade is a cure all for speed, but Vista doesn't handle multi-tasking as well as WIn7.

Also playing the Wargasm scenario. It's a bit of a draw on my system too, though have found grouping my B-52's as opposed to single ships all flying to the same release point a bit easier. Then, ungroup them to send to various targets. On a side note, it's a bit un-balanced on the number of missiles the Russians have versus the 92nd. I won't tell you how many, but it's a tough scenario to win and haven't beaten it yet, after 4 attempts.

Good luck with it and let me know your outcome. I'm curious if you can beat it or at least not loose many of your city markers.

preemptive strike! use your ICBMs to target every Missile base you can and send so many B52's to wards those base that are nearest.

1. Mark every ICBM you have press shift+F1. Use your mouse to mark almost every red target and find as many Missile base you can. attach one ICBM to each missile base.(prior 1. engage those who's farthest away)

Right after you have done this you shall

2. Send as a start all you tankers away in a group of 5 in each from the same base where you have your B-52's

3. Let your tankers get a few hours flight(They do not have the same speed) before your send same number of
B-52's in group of 5 and a group of 6(the tankers at the airbase in Alaska should take care of these.

4. After you have refueled your B'52's in the air you send your tanker plane back to a new base(except the 6 tanker plane who already have that airbase)

5. Now you give your different groups of B-52 new orders and way point to follow.

6. Start to bomb airbases and naval bases a.s.o

7 . On return the tanker plane should be ready to get airborne so they are in the path of the B-52's on their way back to base.(so they can get refueled)

The proposal above is something I'm going to try next time I play Wargasm, so far I have played it about 4-5 times and lost every time.

Every time I have always waited for Russia to make the first move.

Markus

mapuc
09-08-14, 01:45 PM
back to the problem running the game

I have not only done as it said in the FAQ-section

I has also unchecked things like water, land things(it's under the view-banner)

and now the game runs somehow smoothly.

It has to be that way until I get enough money to buy a new and stronger computer.

Markus

Sunburn
09-08-14, 01:47 PM
Did you install .NET v4.5 ?

mapuc
09-08-14, 02:21 PM
Did you install .NET v4.5 ?

Repair was the only thing I had to do I had the .NET before, it was a part of the game install

It is funny

When installing the game for the first time I was told I need .NET 4.5 so I installed it(followed with the DVD)

Played a few games and some of the game toke a lot longer to play, therefore save and exit and sometimes after I had exit the game I got this message

"The game has stop working" after the game has been shot down(closed or what you call it)

then a new update was available and I was told that my .NET needed to be repaired so I did so

After have played a few times I get the same message again "The game..."

I haven't tried to figure out if the game runs smoothly before this message and how the game act after this message.

Markus