PDA

View Full Version : Tried to create a little scenario-without any luck

mapuc
08-17-14, 06:25 PM
Got this funny idea of a scenario

A little single airfield in northern Norway the day after our Christmas(24 December) most of the crew are on vacation(forgot the military term) and only 6 F-16B but only 4 pilot are at the station the rest is either at another station(exercise or on Christmas vacation)

And you are the commanding officer its DEC 25 time 0700 every looks OK it going to be a quite day you say to you self. what you don't know is that WP has a surprise heading your way.

Had created a single airfield with a radar and some SAM and had added 6 F-16B to the base, have problem adding AAW weapons.

My idea is that the radar detect some of the Russian bomber plan and there after a text should pop-up saying a massive assault has been detected by sensors.

I guess this player orders some of his F-16 airborne to engage the enemies and activates the SAM(if it is possible)

Next idea: After some hours of play a new text pop-up

Saying. To command of XXXX-airfield. Our intelligence has detected that WP have made a pre emptive strike against some of our allies in Norway, Iceland, Denmark, Turkey a.s.o As for the moment we have no possibility to assist you for the next 10-12 hours. You have to fight this batte with what you have.

Back to creating the game. Was almost finished with Norway(only problem with the weapons) Turned to Russia to create an airfield in Russia, I couldn't find ANY airfield whatsoever. I wrote airfield Airbase, base, air a.s.o but without any success. This airfield has to be bigger than a single airfield.

(got the idea when I saw Die Hard 2)

I hope you understood what I meant

Markus

Coiler
08-17-14, 08:11 PM
For multi-unit airfields, you need:

-Aircraft parking (tarmac, hangars, shelters)
-Runway access points
-Runways themselves
-Munitions storage facilities (ammo pads, bunkers, etc..)

You don't need fuel tanks or other buildings as part of the group, but they're good to have for flavor/extra targets. Once you've put them near each other, group them together and you have an airfield.

noguaranteeofsanity
08-17-14, 10:12 PM
There are also installations that you can import into any scenario and all you would have to do is add weapons and aircraft to them. It is probably the one of the most useful features for scenario creation in CMANO or any other wargame and saves a ton of time.

If you go to the editor menu and select 'import/exports units' and then select 'load units/groups from file' that will open a window allowing you to select from a list of Norwegian or USSR-Russian bases including radar sites, sams, air bases and even minefields.

If you want to add additional ground units, take a look in the database viewer at all facilities for the 'generic' country because that includes all the individual parts needed to make up an airbase, port or other installation. Otherwise look under specific countries for the radars or SAMS they use. You can then add these like any other unit.

There is also a section in the manual on how to create and destroy airbases.

Once you have a facility created, you need to add the aircraft and then find the ammo dump to add the ammo by editing the magazine. If you add the aircraft first it will make adding the weapons to the magazine a little easier since it only lists what the aircraft can use.

Hope that helps!

noguaranteeofsanity
08-17-14, 10:25 PM
Oh and to create the text messages for the player, you will need to use the event editor to create a trigger and action which will display the message to the player at the right time. Page 107 onwards in the manual should explain how to do that and you just need to be sure to tell the player to turn on special messages in their preferences for it to popup.

mapuc
08-18-14, 12:25 PM
Thank you so much for your help. My interest to create scenario, faded when I read your answer to how I shall do to create a big airfield. All that job, just to create a little scenario.
I thought there already it was serveral types of airfield in the systems, Like in Fleet Command there you have small, medium and large airport.

It's my first try to create a scenario.

Have to study my manual again.

Markus

noguaranteeofsanity
08-18-14, 09:22 PM
If you import the facility you won't have to make airbases or many other ground facilities because the game comes with a huge number of them all ready for you to use. You just import a ready made airfield and all that hard work is already done for you.