PDA

View Full Version : Less Plankton Mod Question

Bobmunky
07-29-14, 07:35 PM
I'm using the less plankton 1.2 mod with Op Monsun & JSGME, but I was wondering if instead of using JSGME can I just install it straight into the data folder & overwrite it that way to have it on permantly, because I really like the clear water/less clutter & being able to see the ship underwater.
Would it work?

Also last night using the OM Mod (in the Med, 1943) I launched a torpedo at very small fishing boat & upon detonation it was launched about 80 to 100m straight up I wish I could have got a screenshot of it.
Anyone else had strange things like that happen?

razark
07-29-14, 08:02 PM
...instead of using JSGME can I just install it straight into the data folder & overwrite it that way to have it on permantly, because I really like the clear water/less clutter & being able to see the ship underwater.
Would it work?
It should work. I'd look through the files/folders in the mod and see what exactly is getting replaced, and make a back up of those files, just in case something goes wrong.

Webster
07-30-14, 02:07 PM
to get rid of the plankton its just a simple image file that ads it but clear unclouded views underwater is done with other files.

its always best to do things with jsgme so you don't corrupt your original game files but yes you can manually ad any mod changes to your game.

merc4ulfate
07-31-14, 04:53 PM
If you leave it in JSGME ... it will stay ...

Bobmunky
07-31-14, 07:08 PM
thanks, will OMEGU do the same thing? I havent used it yet because I'm kind worried about my computer not being able to handle it, with OM every now & then there's a skip.

merc4ulfate
08-01-14, 05:05 PM
OMEGU is great with OM

in_vino_vomitus
08-01-14, 05:22 PM
OMEGU is great with OM

:agree:with this guy :)