PDA

View Full Version : TMO 2.5 RSRD v502 deck gun dissapears?

Slash621
06-15-14, 02:03 PM
Just finished my 3rd patrol in he Porpoise class and was relocated to Freemantle. I was offered new construction and when I got my new salmon I have no deck gun and many fewer crew slots!

I lost several veteran crewmembers because it appears I dont have the slots to hold my crew.

When I ignore new construciton, everything is fine. How can I go about this? I really want the increased Salmon torpedo load , surface radar AND the deckgun!

My mod order is as follows:

TMO 2.5
TMO 2.5 small patch
RSRDC TMO v502
1.5 OTC for RSRDC v502
1.5 OTC for 8:5 aspect ratio
Easier AI for TMO 2.5
Crew Rank Fix - RSRDC

Vortex
06-19-14, 06:24 PM
Could this be the problem? The following is from pg. 37 of the TMO manual (check the "documentation" folder for this in the TMO mod folder). GL.
----------------------------------

Special note on deck gun placement:

Due to a hardcoded bug in the SH4 game engine, it is not possible to switch locations of the deck gun once a game has been saved to file. Trying to move the deck gun from fore to aft, or vice versa will result in the crew member slots disappearing. In order to circumvent this bug and prevent it to happening during play, the deck guns have been “fixed” to a location. By default, TMO defaults to mounting deck guns forward of the conning tower, as this is the most popular placement.

The exception to this are the Tambor, and Gar, which ONLY have an aft mount due to the larger 5”/51 caliber deck gun they can equip. A bow mount for these two classes is not available. If you prefer your deck gun mounted aft of the conning tower, enable the “TMO_Aft_deckguns” alternate mod found in the documentation directory.

EXTRA SPECIAL NOTE:

You must make your deck gun selection before you start your career game. If you prefer a bow mount,
you need not do anything except start your game. If you prefer a stern mount, you must enable the
alternate mod discussed above. Once you make this selection, you cannot change without causing the
“deck gun crew bug” to appear, and you will not have crew slots for your deck gun crew.

So as far as the game is concerned, make your gun mount selection, and forever hold your peace!

TorpX
06-19-14, 08:57 PM
Just finished my 3rd patrol in he Porpoise class and was relocated to Freemantle. I was offered new construction and when I got my new salmon I have no deck gun and many fewer crew slots!

This probably has nothing to do with your problem, but the Salmon class weren't really 'new construction'. At the outbreak of war, the shipyards were building Gato class boats; everything before that were older inventory (even if they are new to you).

[I don't really play TMO, so I don't know just how the campaign goes in that mod.]

merc4ulfate
06-21-14, 10:23 AM
Unless the patch is inside OTC you should also be running the RSRD patch. The TMO small patch isn't needed because it IS included in RSRD.

Mikemike47
06-21-14, 04:59 PM
The TMO small patch isn't needed because it IS included in RSRD.

No, the patch is not included in RSRD. The final versions of RSRD came out months/years before TMO 2.5.

merc4ulfate
06-21-14, 11:05 PM
RSRD overwrites the changes added by the "T" campaign small patch so you do not need the small patch if you run RSRD with TMO.

Larrywb57
06-24-14, 10:44 AM
I had a similar problem some time back, after searching the forum, I found this thread, 'http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192494'. Hope this helps.

captgeo
07-10-14, 06:57 PM
RSRD overwrites the changes added by the "T" campaign small patch so you do not need the small patch if you run RSRD with TMO.

exactly which RSRD version do I need for TMO 2.5, can you please list them in order of install,

thanks in advance Geo