PDA

View Full Version : Installing SH$ Typhoon

Bpendleton12
05-30-14, 07:06 PM
I just installed sh4 and I want to play the typhoon sub, but every time I try to use it the game crashes. maybe im installing it wrong? please help.

Aktungbby
05-30-14, 10:10 PM
Bpendletom12!:Kaleun_Salute: hang tough! tech help should arrive shortly!

Jimbuna
05-31-14, 04:54 AM
I no longer play SH4 but have PM'd someone asking them to give appropriate help and advice.

Welcome Aboard :sunny:

Bpendleton12
05-31-14, 06:08 AM
I figured it out. I managed to install both the typhoon and the ohio class subs but now I face a new problem: I can't manage to sink a ********** ship and the sub school doesn't tell you how to do stuff. Only what to do. I don't know how to fire a torpedo or how to know if I fired one or how long to impact or anything. It's really pissing me off. I had no clue this game would be this complicated.

So please show me how to do things and how to navigate and everything. I have no clue how to do anything. And the enemy keeps following me even though I'm like 330 feet below the surface

merc4ulfate
05-31-14, 09:48 AM
Welcome aboard.

There a many sticky threads that will help you if you read them. Instead of beating your head on the wall read through the stricky. There are manual tutorials and just about anything you can ask for.

All you have to do is look.

Most of the good mods also come with documentation. If they do not simply IM the person that made the mod. No two people play the same mods so it might be easier if you ask the creator.

You also need to give information when you ask a question.

SH4 version
Patches?
Mods list?
Using JSGME or manually adding mods?

Any of these can contribute to narrowing down your issue. It is hard to answer questions without proper information.

radar mo
01-06-17, 02:09 PM
I figured it out. I managed to install both the typhoon and the ohio class subs but now I face a new problem: I can't manage to sink a ********** ship and the sub school doesn't tell you how to do stuff. Only what to do. I don't know how to fire a torpedo or how to know if I fired one or how long to impact or anything. It's really pissing me off. I had no clue this game would be this complicated.

So please show me how to do things and how to navigate and everything. I have no clue how to do anything. And the enemy keeps following me even though I'm like 330 feet below the surface

how did you fix the game crashes? because I am trying to make the typhoon mod work but it keeps crashing after I hit start when I select the typhoon class so please help me out and tell me how you did that please

Aktungbby
01-06-17, 02:17 PM
radar mo!:Kaleun_Salute:

propbeanie
01-06-17, 03:03 PM
Hey there radar mo! If you're using JSGME (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=4725) to install the mod, check the instructions with it (JSGME), and the ReadMe (if any) with the mod(s) itself. You want to make certain you have a proper MODS folder structure. You need it to be

Game Folder / Silent Hunter / MODS / ModName / Data / RestOfTheMod

JSGME makes that MODS folder when you first run the program, and you're the one who puts the mod in the MODS folder (unless you use the Import). If you've got good folder structure and it still won't go, post back. Well, post back anyway, if for nothing else than to say "Hey!"... :D